Guilin Oasis Inn Reviews

4th Floor of Wuzhou Mansion, No.6 Central Zhongshan Rd, Guilin, China

The door of the bathroom going to the corridor is not secured at all while the door of the bedroom to be opened with the house key. I have told the owner, he seemed to have listened to me but nothing is done, I had to place a chair behind the door just in case.... There was also no WiFi as said. Think twice of going back. It was my second stay there.

Area seemed ok, only stayed one night but the owner was really friendly and able to sort all our tours for the following day etc for us which was good! Twin room was good, clean, spacious but the bathroom door didn't shut properly.

My biggest problem with this place was the owner. When checking in he initially 'forgot' to give me my change back (I had to ask for it), and he charged me full price also 'forgetting' that I had already paid 10% through my website reservation.

A very nice hotel. The staff is great: english speaking and very helpfull. They can help you wih tickets, trips bookings and other services. The location is good, 2 bus stations from the train station and close to the center. Also, there are supermarkets, pedestrian street and restaurants near by. The entrance is on the side of the building and you have to take an elevator to the 4th floor- a little bit of attention is needed. WiFi in the rooms. Rooms are clean. And the price is excellent

good value mfor money

western toilets :) friendly staff and clean rooms

Guilin Oasis Inn is a little bit difficult to see (look for the green sign in the side road!) but the people who run the place are really lovely, very kind and friendly. It's a great place to stay, especially if you're just passing through to Yangshuo and want a clean, warm, quiet place to recharge your batteries for the hiking to come.

THe hostel was good considering the price. It is localted in the 4th floor of an old office and apartments building, but the facilities in the hostel were ok. Jou, the owner, is always there and was very helpful, he helps to book tours and gives you some information about the city. Inside the room there were no towels and the bathroom light was no functioning, there were no English TV channels.

• 1st May 2012
  • Ecuador

Sorry to here such comment--rarely seen there were no towels in the bathroom,and bathroom light was no functioning--for over years to change a lamp..we have a cleaner to do the job,indeed,it is easy tosolve the problems. As for English channel,once we set up a system received BBC and CNN, but ban down by government...

Stayed here for 2 nights on my way to yangshou, the staff were really helpful and kind, spoke very good english. The room was lovely, clean and good value for money. Close to the centre of town and the train and bus stations for what I required this place was perfect. I would recommend staying here.

I stayed in the hostel for three nights and was more than happy with the service and especially the help of the staff. Although I arrived at 1 am in the morning I could still book tickets for my day tours. The staff also helped me to arrange my train ticket and provided me with a lot useful information. The breakfast that you can get there in the morning is very nice-I really recommend everyone staying at the hostel to order it :). My room was clean and very big. Enjoyed staying at the hostel!

We really appreciated Jeanie help in planning our activities during our time in Gui Lin, without having to take organized Group tours. She spoke good English and was always gracious and smiling. Our room was large, clean and comfortable with good air conditioning. Location in the center of the City was excellent. We enjoyed our time at the Oasis Inn.

Stayed 2 nights in a twin sharing room. It was basic, clean room with aircon and TV. The lift going up to the hotel isn't too clean looking, though. Location facing the main road - Zhongshan Zhonglu, where the daily night market is across the road. Convenient spot. Taxi from Ming Hang Da Sha (CAAC) to the hotel should cost only ¥10. Free wifi at lobby. The staff, Jeannie, is very friendly and helpful. They have cute little dog and a cat. The Li River cruise to Yangshuo can be arranged there.

Extremely good quality rooms, excellent location, very good shared area for breakfast and socialising. Very good price. Excellent English speaking, attentive, knowledgable and helpful staff

• 11th Aug 2011

The staff speak excellent English and are very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect - it's within walking distance of all the sights and bus/train station. The room is very clean and very spacious. The room even has a computer with internet access in it that you can pay to use for the day which was excellent. Definitely a good hotel for a reasonable price in Guilin.

The tours offered by the hostel are quite cheap, and hotel staff provide useful advice and knowledge on places to go in and around Guilin

• 1st May 2011
  • Hong Kong

Staff was very helpful! We appreciate the excursion guidance. We got a lot of services, especially considering that it was a hostel. I would definitely stay here again.

• 28th Apr 2011
  • Couple, 41+

This hotel is average for China standards. The boss is keep promoting his tours. Aircon not cool at all. Hot shower sometimes cool and hot. Bathroom quite dirty.

Oasis Inn ,like the all hotels in Guilin ,set up a local tour information/booking, for convenience of our guests, up to the present, 98 % of them like such service, and benefit from it: save time, energy and money, and such inf, available from a brochure, mainly read by yourself, no much promotion at all, only you positively ask for further inf.in details, we can answer your questions. You said aircon did not work, that is not true, maybe the controller is in Chinese, you push the wrong button of function, but why didn't you ask for help? We can solve such problem at once. As for shower, equipped by two heating sys.: electrical heater and air pumping heat for replenishing water,i.e, always 80Li hot water for use, so it is impossible cool /d heat irregularly, for supplying water also 52 C warm water, maybe you don't know how to use the cool/hot mixed valve to control the temperature of water, isn't it? As for cleaning job of bathroom, every day we do it regularly, why you feel dirty?! The walls and ground of the bother are full tiled. Very strange.

It is a good spot at Guilin to stay as just a few minute walk to the night market. Room is clean and tidy except there is no curtain cover for shower in bathroom. Staff are nice and helpful. They help to arrange the taxi to airport in early morning (5:30 am) really appreciated!

The bedroom we got was really good and very big...besides, this hostel is located near the bus station and all comidities are near to it...They also have different trips (Longsheng terracee, Li river...) at reasonnable and fair prices...We took two of them, and we really liked them...so, dont hesitate, this hostel is good!

This is the best hostel I have ever visited in China. Especially Mr. Joe is a man of high moral values and cooperative beyond the limits.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7