Guilin Riverside Hostel

9.0
Superb 579 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 25-30
31st Jan 2017

Staying at Riverside was a good experience. The room was clean and had all the necessities. The owners and individuals working there helped and gave us advice during our stay. I would recommend staying here to my friends. I stayed with my girlfriend in a small room and had zero issues with communication. One thing to note however is that I don't believe everyone is excellent at speaking English. I spoke Chinese to the staff and did not try to converse in English.

• USA, Male, 18-24
4th Jan 2017

The staff turned out to be friendly but not as helpful as I had hoped. Most had passable English, but when I went to them looking for an adventure they mostly just pointed me towards a few rather heavily-commercialized tours. They did give me some insight into transportation methods, but I ended up having to figure out bus schedules more or less on my own. Beyond that, the hostel was pretty nice with a nice riverside location that was close to the bus station and anything we needed in the city.

2nd Jan 2017

Excellent choice all round. Peggy on reception particularly bright and helpful but all staff good.

• Australia, Female, 41+
21st Sep 2016

A lovely visit, very helpful staff, the position near the river is rather lovely.

27th Aug 2016

Really good bed. Lovely quiet but central location. Was able to leave my luggage when travelling on to Dazhai.