Guilin Travelling With Hostel Reviews

110-25, South Zhongshan Rd, Guilin, China

Good place. We arrived at 1:30 am, and staff were there at the reception. Fantastic staff, really encourage guests to be social, made my trip to BeiJing so much better.. Very welcoming and helping! Rooms are clean and quiet, Would definitely stay again.

Very nice hostel well located (5 min walking to the bus station to go to Yangshuo, Rice terraces etc...). Staff is nice and welcoming, rooms are spacious enough and almost clean. Really good atmosphere of an international hostel, and great restaurant to eat.

Nice common areas, very nice location next to river and just a few minutes walk from major bus and train stations. Room sparse but clean and comfortable, hostel itself is quite but a workshop/mechanics downstairs created some irritating night-time noise in my particular room. Staff extremely helpful and well informed. Nice range of postcards on sale!

The staff were very helpful and quick in responding to queries. The room was cosy and clean. Great atmosphere and fantastic place to stay.

The location is very nice, rooms are small but clean, and we really enjoyed the welcoming . The girl at the reception was very helpful :)

• 10th Jun 2015

thanks so much for your great feed back and your support to our work team.We are glad that you had a nice stay in our hotel,have a good trip in China and welcome back.

Had an awesome stay here , the location is perfect plus the staff were really fun and friendly which made out stay enjoyable. I will definitely come back here if I'm back in Guilin.

• 9th Jun 2015

Hi, happy to hear of your lovely stay at our hostel. our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they pass thru our door. .-From helen

My friends and I only stayed for the night but our room was great - very clean and air con provided which was ideal! The owner was so lovely and seemed genuinely pleased to have us which was really nice! Overall I would definitely recommend this place or stay here again.

Hi, Thank you for the positive feedback as always our staff strives to make everyone feel at home here at travelling with hostel . we are glade we were able to help to on your journey. welcome back anytime .-From helen

It is the best hostel I stayed so far,the staff helped me a lot about the tour even i booked outside.They take care of everyone incase you meet some kind of scams.so happy with the staff and the room.I booked tour with the angency as well as the hotel,otherwise,I will stay here longer!!

Hi, thank you so much for choosing us and give it such a good feed back . Hope to see you again . and Happy travells in China . -From helen

Atmosphere is nice and calm but not like very happy. Staff is a family and really nice and helpful and good English. Downside were the cockroaches in my room and the bad wifi.

Hello,thank you for you stay at our hostel. sorry to heard about the dorm room sitiuation. due to a large number of guest that weekend we're a little under staff. we're currently remedied these problems with our house keeping team. on a positive note we're glade you had a great time & that our staff were helpful in your stay at our hostel here.- From helen

The staff of the hostel was very nice and helpful, especially while figuring out where to go for guilin rice noodles or a Classical Chinese massage. Thank you very much for all the good advices and ideas what to do and where to go to.

Great place, but a little different standard than the "Traveling With" hostels in Xi'an and Yangshuo. It's still an amazing price for what you get. Really close to the bus station, and lots of places to eat fairly close. They also upgraded us to a riverview room at no cost, which was great, and the staff were very helpful booking tours and for helping us explore Guilin.

Hi, happy to hear of your lovely stay at our hostel. our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they pass thru our door.For the sitiuation you remind that the different standard than the "Traveling With" hostels in Xi'an and Yangshuo, due to Guilin travelling with is the first hostel we own, we may not clear how to build a stander, as we got some idear after guilin and nanning. so now we are on the way at the "Traveling With" hostels .-From helen

Friendly but somewhat incompetent staff that makes commission on the tours they sell. If you're game to utilize your Mandarin, then set out on your own -- it'll work out to be about 30% cheaper than the hostel's offerings. Faulty outlets and shoddy bathrooms were standard here. Don't expect the lobby to have the AC on after a day of trekking in the humidity. Value for money seems about right, but you can definitely do better in China.

Hello,thank you for you stay at our hostel. sorry to heard about the staff sitiuation. due to a large number of guest that weekend we're a little under staff, and that staff you talking before is a new person just working here for a few days. Thanks for your feed back. we're currently remedied these problems with fire and re training the staffs. Our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they pass thru our door. .-From helen

I'm really satisfied with this hostel. Not only because its very clean but also the staff is very helpful. I got the nice room with a affordable price. Moreover, the location which located near train/bus Station and several interesting places makes me easier to discover GuiLin.

Hi, Thank you for the awesome feedback . we are glade we were able to help to on your journey. welcome back anytime . -From helen

The hostel itself was clean and comfortable, and had a warm, fun atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again! Thanks!

Hello. Glade to hear you a had great time at our hostel. every postive review is a great encouragement to our staff here at our hostel. .-From helen

I really like staying here. The staff were really helpful and booked our return tickets to Shanghai. We booked a tour to go to the Liriver and it was very good.

The staff here are all very friendly and with excellent English overall. The location is only a couple of minutes from the bus or train station so it's impossible to get lost. I'll stay here again for sure! Thank you guys!

Hello,thanks for the postive feedback we're here at Guilin travelling with hostel are very proud of our location location location which is only 10 minutes walk from the train station 5 minutes walk from the bus staion. hope to see you again soon.-From Helen.

Totally different stay to before. No atmosphere, rude, flippant staff. Someone had a keycard to our room that worked and came in at past midnight. This was followed by knocking and the staff racing up and down the corridors til very late. Food is poor and overpriced. Guy gave me my butter using his fingers?! Good for stations but there must be better ones nearby. The 'river view' rooms are barely technically correct. Reckon the staff are on the take. Don't bring valuables in there.

Hello,thank you for you stay at our hostel. sorry to heard about the room sitiuation. we're currently remedied these problems with our HOSTEL team. on a positive note we're glade you had a great time & that our staff were helpful in your stay at our hostel here at our hostel( the first time that you mention). Our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they pass thru our door. .-From helen

Awesome location! Our room is very clean and they changed our towels each day. The only downside was the wifi connection in our room was not working very well. Staff were always ready to go the extra mile to help you out and the atmosphere in bar area was chilled and friendly. Food was delicious, offering Chinese and Western food as well as a wide range of drinks and cocktails. The location is perfect, in the heart of guilin. Would definitely stay here again and would definitely recommend this h

Hello, thanks again for the positive reviews. we're glade you've enjoyed your stay along with our free laundry & free wifi. whenever possible the staff is more then happy to show our guests the local area. our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they were at Travelling with hostel in China. .-From helen

Great hostel over all! From staff to atmosphere one of the best I've been to! Great job guys!

Green Forest Hostel in Guilin is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Everyone that works there is so friendly and fun to talk to, and they always take really good care of me. I was there for Qing Ming Jie, and they threw a big dumpling party, where the staff and guests made dumplings and drank beers and told stories together. It was lots of fun. I hope to go back to Guilin many more times, because it is such a beautiful city, and when I do, I will always choose to stay at Green Forest.

• 5th Apr 2015

Hello,happy to hear of your lovely stay at our hostel. our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they pass thru our door.-From Green Forest team .