Guru Hostel Reviews

Andrássy út 53, Budapest, Hungary

Great location!

Terrible. They cancelled our reservation 5 days before our trip, making us look for some other place, what make us pay more for accomodation.

• 1st Jan 2015

My friends and I have spent a very nice week in guru hostel. Location is just perfect to visit Budapest and the staff is quite flexible and cool :-)

• 27th Dec 2014

Even though it is located at Andrassy, a main street, it is kinda far away from the metro station. No lockers were available, so we were kinda worried about security of our belongings, but otherwise the staff was really kind, and the kitchen was enoughly equipped.

I preferred Colours Hostel at the same price: breakfast is not included even if the, coffee, sugar, species are free. I have to thank a lot the 2 fantastic Guru's employees, they helped me speeking hungarian in a difficult situation, and we went out trekking in the Buda Hills with one of them. Kind and Generous!!!! Unfortunately there are few services. For exemple there s not a real kitchen, cooking it's quite hard, and the shower is just in front of the main door, awful :(

• 2nd Dec 2014

Very polite people, not very easy to find, but once you realized where it is located, is very conviniant location. Only one downside, the "free" parking is a alley infront of the hostel parralel to the boulevard with 5 spots not dedicated to the hostel. Everybody could park there. The chance to get a spot on a busy weekend is not very big, just saying if you are traveling with a car to have it in mind, because the paid parking is more expensive then one night in the hostel.

Guys, you're awesome. We had a horrible experience in Bratislava and the hostel was almost twice the prise. We really got to appreciate Guru hostel.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Ukraine

Private rooms are located in another building nearby, at address Teréz körút 4. They should've told me that up front, but they didn't. Although I expected it based on previous reviews. So I'm reviewing Guru2, where private rooms are located. Overall experience was good, the place was clean and quiet. There are 2 bathrooms that you can lock, and there was never a queue during my stay.

We've been there 2 nights during a week, not weekend. The place was quiet, great for resting after the journey. No queues to the bathroom. The place was clean enough (not super extra hyper clean though), just fine. The staff is super nice :). No problems with anything. They let us leave the luggage before checking in and after checking out. It's a nice cheap place with its cool atmosphere for young people without high expectations. Really close to the centre (actually it's in the city centre).

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Poland

work from 9 in the morning, we wrote about an early settlement, but had to wait until 9 booked a private room, but it turned out that she was busy and we were living in another hostel with a very small bathroom

We generally had a good experience however when it came to checking out it was a bit of a nightmare. Nobody was at the desk all morning so we waited around for a long time. We then gave up and went back later in the afternoon to give the keys back and get our deposit.