H.I. Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA

1938 Total Reviews

Great selection for breakfast,female dorm roomy with air con., light for each bed and toiletries and towel provided. Plenty of sitting areas. Small detail was shower curtain difficult to keep in shower tray so floor got wet easily. Also found the door on the street open x3. But all in all was very impressed,would recommend it and would book again.

I enjoyed staying with you both times but this time was even better. This is where I always hope to stay when I am in Chicago

• 5th Apr 2014

Unbeatable location, low key but friendly and informative staff,and lots of facilities.Dorm rooms are very spacious and fitted with generous-sized lockers.Not a party place,but a very relaxing and practical place to stay.

The shampoo of our room was run out and didn't refill at the second day.

• 25th Mar 2014

My son and I stayed in a single room and it worked out perfectly. The bed was comfortable and you can't beat the location. The only negative was I couldn't get an internet connection from our room. I was able to access the wireless from the 2nd floor dining area, however.

• 18th Mar 2014

This was the most modern, new-looking, spacious hostel I've ever stayed in. I stayed in a four-bed room in a two-room suite with desks, kitchen, lounge area, and bathroom. I liked that we had a bathroom in the suite and also one nearby in the hall. The location is great. I had a layover in Chicago between Amtrak trains so it was nice that the station was a quick bus ride away.

Great location, easily accessed from metro, friendly staff, clean facilities. Nice that breakfast is included (although some things ran out early). Will definitely stay again next time I am in Chicago.

I had a great stay at this hostel! It was modern with great facilities, and it felt very secure. Key card to get into all floors as well as into each room, plus there were plenty of lockers for your stuff. Loved the art/graffiti. Showers and toilets were clean, and great internet connection in all parts of the hostel. Location was excellent, smack in the middle of downtown, and even though you might hear some noise from the loop subway at night it was not very loud.

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Norway

Amazing location. Near all the train lines. Nothing bad to say at all.

I stay her every time I come to chicago.

I met very nice roommates here and the location is convenient! Grateful to the volunteers in the hostel,very helpful!

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • China

I never stayed at a hostel and at first i was overthinking about sharing a room with strangers. My stay was great, i was in a 10 bed dorm. Out of ettiquete i introduced myself, not everyone was friendly in my week there. Many of the people only stayed for 1 day or 2. The ones that were friendly were like me( on vacation and didnt mind making conversation with a stranger). The place is also really cleanCorán.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Dominican Republic

The location is a block away from Michigan Ave. and close to everything downtown. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here.

• 14th Feb 2014

Great hostel with breakfast included. The facilitites are extremely good, almost like staying at a hotel, the fact that they recycle makes me sooo happy!!

This hostel has everything you need and is in a good location, not much atmosphere while I was there but it was the end of January.

I like the georgraphical location of this place. It's in a walking distance to most places I went, namely Art Institute, Chicago Symphony, Architecture Center, Cultural center, the great Bean, etc. It's a hostel I will definitely like to go again.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • China

H.I. Chicago offers convenience and a lively atmosphere for activities ranging library study, lounging, cafe dining, socializing, and more.

Clean hostel in a great location for a low price as for Chicago. Really a superb experience and I would definitely stay there again!!!

Chicago Hi hostel is very good! I've neven stayed before traveling The Best impression is that kindness of staff for tourist, they always has a smile, greeting to tourist and giving a lot of advice like guide lines! Thank you for making a good trip in chicago. I think hostels and hotels increase value of a location of located hostels and hotels!

• 15th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

The staff is always helpful and nice. The breakfast buffet was really great - Bagels and Cream cheese!! The Location is perfect for everyone who wants to discover the loop!