H.I. Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA

1938 Total Reviews

Wonderful location at the heart of Chicago plus they give you a towl!

Very clean, very secure and large hostel in downtown Chicago. I recommend staying here.

Awesome location downtown, great breakfast. Loved the fact that the bed was already made (what a hotel feeling lol). Very spacious rooms and common rooms as well. A bit pricy but you get what you pay for - a pretty awesome hostel!

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

Very good hostel! I did love your interesting and various activities!

• 5th Dec 2013
  • China

I wasn't sure if this hostel was for youth or what, because I'm certainly not a youth. But I was greeted nicely and lovingly, and I met others who were closer to my age. I also didn't know if I would have to go down the hall to a restroom, but my room included shower, toilet and washbasin. That was a nice surprise. My roommates were considerate of my turning in early to sleep, and I in turn was quiet when I awoke early. Breakfast was nice, too.

• 2nd Dec 2013

one of your staff named micheal was so kind. He always smiled for my questions and asked very kindly and clearly.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • South Korea

Wonderful location, but the room I got was the one next to the city train - I won't call it a subway. It's noisy ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure whether it was the same condition in other rooms, but it's pretty loud and I think many can hear it.

Nothing can really beat HI Chicago from location perspective. Aside from that, this hostel also offer large breakfast room with great window view, spacious room, clean sheet and personal locker on each room, and provide local community activities that free of charge!

The table-tennis bats were of bad quality.

• 16th Nov 2013

HI-Chicago is at the perfect location. I liked my stay there. Only that the front staff people could be more positive and cheerful, instead of putting up a sad face.

One of the best hostels I've been to! Great location down town close to most things. A really nice breakfast included. Staff was friendly and always wanted to help. They even had an information desk with personel their to give advice on where to go. I'll definitely come back!

I wanted to chage my sheet everyday.

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • South Korea

거리도 좋았고 깨끗했고 하지만 계산할때 저는 골드카드를 구입했는데 1일3불 하는 돈을 더 지불하였습니다 ㅠㅠ

Great Location, Great Hostel. If you a looking for a hostel in chicago - there is no better place to stay!

Perfectly located and they have a great breakfast.

Great hostel but breakfast room quite busy and it's a pity that the internet access is not free from the computers of the hostel.

Very good value

• 20th Oct 2013

The location,staff,convinience,clean are all perfect. But at night,it's a little bit noisy because of the sound of the subway which work 24/7.

Great hostel, very well located. The only bad point is I was in a room with some old man acting as he was alone there (turning on the lights at 6, opening door of next dormitory, and so on), but that is just the risk of going into hostels instead of hotels.

• 19th Oct 2013

food was amazingly great but the silverware was amazingly dirty... other than that, everything was perfect. I liked their location, facility and even the blankets! I felt comfortable and homely waking up.

1 2 Next » last »