H.I. Los Angeles / Santa Monica Reviews

1436 2nd Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401, Los Angeles, California, USA

Clean, nice place. Bit expensive, you could probably also book a motel for that amount of money if you're traveling with someone else. Excellent kitchen and very good location. Quiet hostel at night

Not a place to party..no alcohol allowed in the hostel and people all on their phones ..no hostel interaction

Clean, does the job and centraly located. Couldn't ask for better than that.

• 4th Apr 2014

No one tells you that you have to pay extra fees. That is not fair.

Everything was great!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Spain

Great location, helpful staff, good they have tours and stuff organised, nice breakfast too.

• 2nd Apr 2014

Great facilities and location.

if you are going to Santa Monica, this is the place to stay! The hostel is close to the Beach as well as the city. Planned to stay here for 2 nights, but ended up with staying for 8 nights. Already miss Santa Monica and the hostel! Met so many cool people at HI. If I should say something negative, it has to be the breakfast, wish it was more variety!

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Norway

Ero nella camera femminile da dieci, molto spaziosa, con presa per caricare cellulare comoda, letto comodo, molto pulita. Il bagno era in comune e abbastanza pulito. La lobby e gli spazi in comune sono bellissimo.

A good hostel, breakfast included which is nice. Great location really close to the beach and the walking street in Santa Monica. Had a great walking tour in Venice beach, thanks Ekin for that. Lots of things happening, and if you participate to the organized tours it's easy to get to know people. Otherwise I only got to know people in my own dorm.

Really difficult to meet new people at this hostel! It The guests are not social at all. Seems that there a lot of group tours and people using it as a home, because they can't find anywhere else to live.. Don't choose the 10 beds room. lived with a group of Highschool girls and it was a mess.

Problème avec la température de la douche soit brulante, soit glacé pas de juste milieu !!!!!

• 15th Mar 2014

Great hostel at a great place

バス停や海から近いし、治安も良いところなので、すごく気持ちよく過ごせました。10人部屋でしたが部屋も清潔で、鍵のつけられるロッカーもあり、Wi-Fiもきちんと繋がります。朝ごはんもキッチンがあるので、自分で買ったものと合わせれば、美味しく食べられると思います。またサンタモニカに行く機会があれば利用させて貰いたいです!

My bed was dirty and even the room. But very nice in the common rooms

I'm sorry that your room was dirty...it's difficult when several people are sharing a room to keep everything super clean.

The staff was very accomodating and friendly, even with my late 11pm arrival! Location was great, and facilities were very good.

this poor hostel is worst one ever in my entire life. what i hate the most about here is that price and fraud. they required extra fee when we arrived because we don't have the freaking membership. they should've discounted for the members rather than added extra fees for non members. we stayed 1 night. and it was 42$ per one person even our room was 10people dorm. are you kidding? 42bucks for 10 person dorm? also they provided a free pub crawl. it was fraud. nothing was for free.

I'm sorry that you felt we are too expensive. It's true - we are a membership organization and non members pay a daily non member fee. I think if you research the rates in Santa Monica for accomodations that are one block from the beach, you will find that $42 a night is reasonable even for a dorm.

Really safe and friendly atmosphere. Ideal if you're travelling alone. Perfect location if you want to see Santa Monica and Venice but maybe a bit far from some of the main attractions such a Griffith park. I would recommend staying in more than one area in LA as it's so big and there's so much to see!

Thanks for the wonderful and clean environment that is available for us away from home. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity extended. My main concern was the fact that, the room assigned housing 8 women was much too crowded and untidy. I also realized that, there is no screening of guests who are paired together in a room. That was surprising, indeed. As I told the staff at the front desk, next time I will ask for a room with fewer women or, pay extra for a private room. Thanks for your time.

• 7th Mar 2014

服务很好,设施还行,好的很多,欠缺也有。一是语言单一,应考虑多国语言,因为无法英语,让交流沟通非常被动;二是我在此住了14天,圣莫尼卡青年旅舍不许再住,我不明白这项规定出自何处?请解释!三是国际青年旅舍应具有国际性,只服务而缺乏交流也应该不是国际青年旅舍发展的方向;四我很愿意继续推荐圣莫尼卡,但因语言障碍只允许我住14天使我不知住在那里漂泊更缺乏人性关怀,我百思不解;五是门外旧墙紧邻缺乏美观,请考虑外观的美观;六是希望我能继续去旅游时住在圣莫尼卡,里面有个戴眼镜的小姑娘服务人员服务很周到,很漂亮也很热情。

• 6th Mar 2014