H.I. San Francisco-City Center Reviews

685 Ellis Street, CA 94109, San Francisco, California, USA

just recently stayed there. area of town is not too bad. on one block you think oh its not too bad then the next block it changes and you like umm whrere am i. the staff was awesome very helpful. breakfast for a buck you cant beat that!! they have people cleaning the rooms everyday you feel like your at a hotel. I would def recomend it. if you have an opportunity to get a private room i would do it as the buck beds are not fit for big people

• 29th Mar 2014

Great place, comfortable, Big commom areas, very clean. Beds are just noisy and when the person above moves u wake up and location is terible to walk because of the homeless people! But even this way, i do recommend!

I loved the atmosphere! Great hostel! Great stuff! One if the most friendliest stuff I ever got to know on my travels around the world! Great Chinatown walking tour! Made me really understand the culture so much more! Thanks for that! Super comfy beds :) next time I come to San Francisco I will definitely stay with you again! :)

• 11th Mar 2014

The hostel was great, staff was helpful and nice, the establishment was cute and trendy, and our private room with en-suite was perfect for two. The neighborhood wasn't the best but we had no problem using street smarts and cabs to avoid any issue's. Some might be put off by that but it wouldn't keep me from staying there again. The breakfast was really great, some hostels provide so little that it doesn't really count as a meal but more of a snack but this hostel did a great job! Bar is great

In general everything was good, I had a good time there, staff and atmosphere seems friendly. Location is very convenient, there are lot of options of public transportation very close. The only thing I would complain was the 3 extra usd that I had to pay just because I'm not member of H.I., probably it's not big deal just it would be good to clarify this since we made the reservation.

There was a unkind staff.

Very helpful staff with hostel functions and services however not a lot of inside scoops about the city. Hostel itself is very relaxing and clean.

It was a decent stay near the center, fair price for SF I think. Next time I'll stay closer to union square to avoid the homeless and dealers (nothing personal).

The best hostel in this city. I stay here regularly and highly recommend it.

Loved the bar and the happy hour!

staff is not kind.

I am sad to hear you had this experience at our hostel. We definitely make it our priority to reach out to all of our guests to ensure that they have a good stay with us. I apologize that this did not happen in your case and that you were left with a negative impression of our staff. I have sent you a private message, and a response with any additional information you can provide would would be greatly appreciated so that we can better server our future guests. Sincerely. Mike Foyder

View all San Francisco Hostels