H.I. San Francisco-City Center Reviews

685 Ellis Street, CA 94109, San Francisco, California, USA

just recently stayed there. area of town is not too bad. on one block you think oh its not too bad then the next block it changes and you like umm whrere am i. the staff was awesome very helpful. breakfast for a buck you cant beat that!! they have people cleaning the rooms everyday you feel like your at a hotel. I would def recomend it. if you have an opportunity to get a private room i would do it as the buck beds are not fit for big people

• 29th Mar 2014

Great place, comfortable, Big commom areas, very clean. Beds are just noisy and when the person above moves u wake up and location is terible to walk because of the homeless people! But even this way, i do recommend!

I loved the atmosphere! Great hostel! Great stuff! One if the most friendliest stuff I ever got to know on my travels around the world! Great Chinatown walking tour! Made me really understand the culture so much more! Thanks for that! Super comfy beds :) next time I come to San Francisco I will definitely stay with you again! :)

• 11th Mar 2014

The hostel was great, staff was helpful and nice, the establishment was cute and trendy, and our private room with en-suite was perfect for two. The neighborhood wasn't the best but we had no problem using street smarts and cabs to avoid any issue's. Some might be put off by that but it wouldn't keep me from staying there again. The breakfast was really great, some hostels provide so little that it doesn't really count as a meal but more of a snack but this hostel did a great job! Bar is great

In general everything was good, I had a good time there, staff and atmosphere seems friendly. Location is very convenient, there are lot of options of public transportation very close. The only thing I would complain was the 3 extra usd that I had to pay just because I'm not member of H.I., probably it's not big deal just it would be good to clarify this since we made the reservation.

There was a unkind staff.

Very helpful staff with hostel functions and services however not a lot of inside scoops about the city. Hostel itself is very relaxing and clean.

It was a decent stay near the center, fair price for SF I think. Next time I'll stay closer to union square to avoid the homeless and dealers (nothing personal).

The best hostel in this city. I stay here regularly and highly recommend it.

Loved the bar and the happy hour!

staff is not kind.

I am sad to hear you had this experience at our hostel. We definitely make it our priority to reach out to all of our guests to ensure that they have a good stay with us. I apologize that this did not happen in your case and that you were left with a negative impression of our staff. I have sent you a private message, and a response with any additional information you can provide would would be greatly appreciated so that we can better server our future guests. Sincerely. Mike Foyder

My stay in the hostel was nice, the atmosphere is good, the staff is kind but could act more open. They also gave me a map with tips in the surrounding area - I really liked the Vietnamese restaurant there. There is the possibility to get a shuttle to the airport which also leaves quite early in the morning so I was able to arrive at the airport at 5am. I'm not so sure about the location, it was frightening to be around the hostel at night - even just waiting for the shuttle.

really well run and organized. i recommend this hostel :)

The hostel itself is a very good place to stay: clean, the staff are friendly, breakfast is included and a lot of activities are offered. The only thing which is not so good, but which, obviously, cannot be changed, is the area in which the hostel is located. The area is not very safe and hostel staff have to tell you which routes to take when returning to the hostel at night. And even when I took these routes, I still felt rather insecure when walking around in the streets near the hostel...

Great hostel! Near everything. Like breakfast. Staff friendly to book a tour. Like it. I'll come back again and stay there. Tks

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • Mexico

Hi. It was ok despite of the fact that the old guy that was in my room firstly asked a lot of questions, than offered some weed and also he used my personal bath products. It was really unconfortable. Really strange guy and not like the people that usually i see at your stablishment. Tks

• 17th Sep 2013

The hostel has plenty of common areas and an institutional-sized kitchen. Yes, it is in the Tenderloin district, now referred to also as "Little Saigon", so the streets are a multi-mix of nationalities rubbing elbows with homeless, many with mental problems. Be aware and strident and walk on through. It's the real world, so absorb it.

AMAZING! The hostel is absolutely gorgeous, decorated with vintage books and furniture which take you to another world. I have been traveling Europe and North Africa, staying in hostels, and this is one of, if not THE, best I have ever been to. The staff was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, and the other guests were charming. San Francisco is such a beautiful, magical city to visit, and this hostel helped to make the trip more enchanting.

excellent

The hostel offers very good service. Staff was extremely kind and helpful. The hostel is very good in general, nobody could say a negative thing about the hostel itself. The neighbourhood is the most dangerous in the city though. However, the hostel cannot do anything about it. Summary: great hostel, bad neighbourhood.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7