H2ohostel Reviews

Petkov�kovo nabre�je 47, Ljubljana, Slovenia

The staff were lovely and the location was great. The major downside was that the Internet was very weak in the room, requiring me to enter my password in hundreds of times (every 15 seconds) on my phone - it worked well in the reception. Also the shower ran out of hot water quickly after others had used it, and was super cramped in the room with the toilet.

• 9th Jan 2016

friendly staff

Dormitory doors exit right on the patio, so it might not be a good choice during winters. Reception is the size of a news kiosk, space for a limited amount of guests and only one staff member.I guess I was too confident planning days for Slovenia. Yes, it IS beautiful and clean, but you can see all of Kranj, Bled, Maribor or Ljub within a day and after dark there isn't a whole lot to do. It gets boring very fast. Book one nite in these places and then extend afterwards when you like tostaylonger

Pros: location (right on the river in the town centre, price, good shower pressure) Cons: rooms seem to vary SIGNIFICANTLY. We were put in a six room dorm in next door "most hostel" which had no ventilation, terrible beds, and two outlets for six beds. We heard one girl complain that her room was infested with spiders. Also, our room didn't have lockers, which were advertised (though we did see lockers in other rooms). This hostel is fine only if you plan to spend 0 time in the room.

good location, very close to the centre. provided all the basics we were after but not much atmosphere there. couldn't really meet new people etc

• 26th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I purposefully booked H2o hostel due to recommendations. However when I turned up I was moved to most hostel. I was very disappointed about this because I specifically didn't choose this hostel on hostel world when I booked. The hostel itself isn't very clean. And the room layout is terrible. I came in to a full room and had no where to put my stuff. There is also no wifi in the room

The owner was very friendly and eager to help with activity suggestions, travel, and logistics. Very helpful staff. There's no proper luggage room so you have to leave your bags in a side room of the downstairs bar; another security gap is the open outside door to the dormitory area upstairs that was often open and never locked. Bled is a very safe town, but leaving the door open without a reception or anything between the street and guest rooms is not the best.

Great hostel. Really friendly staff. Great location down by the river and a stone's throw from the beautiful town centre. Had strong wifi, laundry facilities (will wash and dry everything for €8), small kitchen unit etc. Would definitely recommend.

Really really noisy ! Not a good hostel if you like to sleep ... Very poor service : nobody before 8am, no breakfast available, no A/C ...

Maybe it's because of the summer time, it's a bit smelly, and the floor and the board are quite dirty as well. The staff who have served me was not quite impressive, but I did see another staff with quite fair service to the other guests, so I would say for the service just depends.

This hostel is exactly the place we were looking for - not expencive, within walking distance from the bus and train station, two steps from the center, with shops, markets, cafeterias and bars all around, but the street itself is relatively quiet and really nice. Window of our room faced the river. The room itself was big enough, lovely looking, decently equipped, bathroom was perfectly fine, and so was air condition and wi-fi. Really helpful staff, ready to answer even the most retarded questi

Stayed in a large apartment in an annex building, just a few doors down from the main building. Had an upstairs room; the stairs leading to the door was a bit uneven and could've done with repairing. We stayed in a very spacious 5 bed room, with ample storage space, a small kitchen and bathroom. Had no problems at all with the room and the wifi worked fine. The reception staff were very welcoming and really helpful. The hostel is in an excellent city-centre location. Would recommend.

We stayed in a private, en suite room, which wasn't in the hostel itself, but in a building a few doors down from the hostel. Great if you want a quiet stay. The room was basic but clean, air conditioning wasn't so great, but otherwise everything was good!