HBC Hostel Reviews

VI. Nagymezo u. 49, Budapest, Hungary

Anton is the owner of this hotel. He is a really nice guy and extremely helpful. This hostel is located in an apartment, really peaceful and quiet. Feels like you are in someone's house rather than a hostel

It was definitely a hostel I won't forget...don't know if that's a good or bad thing. The manager was beyond helpful. Made us lunch for free and took us on a drive around the city no charge. Completely went out of his way. Met some cool people and had a good night out with them. Didn't get the best night sleep. The hostel was often noisy and you could hear every creak but has a homelike feel. Worth the money and was in an excellent location.

I stayed two nights with a friend, I thought it would be more party, but there were no people, so It was calm my stay there. It is good, well-located. The owner is a really good person, helped a lot, even to print my boarding passes! Clean bathroom, bedroom, etc...

Thanks a lot to the staff and the owner(Velika hvala).

At first glance, the hostel seemed very dark, sketchy, and a bit unsafe. Everything was very cramped and creaky. After the first night, when more people arrived, it got better, but things were still slightly grimy and unsettling. The staff was very brash, and rude at times. I did not feel welcome by the owner, but rather more of an inconvenience.

• 7th Sep 2014

Overall good. Not the liveliest of hostels so can sleep well. Everything is walkable from here. The owner is nice, little quirky but very helpful.

• 1st Sep 2014

4night stay. V odd decor 20+ posters of Croatia even though we were in Budapest & items such as jars of pickled shark embryos & fish heads adorn the place. The double room was cramped and the hostel always v dark. The bathrooms were small; some of which were often unclean and noisy with 1guest flemming in the sink for 20min each morning & evening (not hostels fault). kitchen was cramped for the size of the hostel also. The staff were very friendly though wishing to help at any opportunity.

the hostel is located near the center, the owner is really nice and helpful. It is quite at night and if you want some party mood, there are a couple of pubs and bar near by (just one minute walk).

Best Best Best!!!!!!!! Staffs were soooooooo nice sweet and friendly! :) They told everything about Budapest and they were again so so so nice!! The hostel was really clean, the kitchen had everything, computers were free to use, refrigerator in room! and I also borrowed free towels! Thank you so much I would absolutely go here if I visit Budpest again !!! XD

Really nice kitchen. Staff were really helpful. You get lockers. We felt really safe and at home there. Really close to ask the sight seeing in Budapest too.

We are three Australian girls who stayed here after Sziget festival for a couple of days. We had a great stay and the owner was incredibly helpful! Would highly recommend!

• 10th Aug 2014

Best hostel in budapest I was in during my stay. Best value for money you can find, and the staff is very helpful. Very good location, and the fact that there is another hostel just next door just adds to the ambiance.