HBC Hostel Reviews

VI. Nagymezo u. 49, Budapest, Hungary

Anton is the owner of this hotel. He is a really nice guy and extremely helpful. This hostel is located in an apartment, really peaceful and quiet. Feels like you are in someone's house rather than a hostel

It was definitely a hostel I won't forget...don't know if that's a good or bad thing. The manager was beyond helpful. Made us lunch for free and took us on a drive around the city no charge. Completely went out of his way. Met some cool people and had a good night out with them. Didn't get the best night sleep. The hostel was often noisy and you could hear every creak but has a homelike feel. Worth the money and was in an excellent location.

I stayed two nights with a friend, I thought it would be more party, but there were no people, so It was calm my stay there. It is good, well-located. The owner is a really good person, helped a lot, even to print my boarding passes! Clean bathroom, bedroom, etc...

Thanks a lot to the staff and the owner(Velika hvala).

At first glance, the hostel seemed very dark, sketchy, and a bit unsafe. Everything was very cramped and creaky. After the first night, when more people arrived, it got better, but things were still slightly grimy and unsettling. The staff was very brash, and rude at times. I did not feel welcome by the owner, but rather more of an inconvenience.

• 7th Sep 2014

Overall good. Not the liveliest of hostels so can sleep well. Everything is walkable from here. The owner is nice, little quirky but very helpful.

• 1st Sep 2014