HBC Hostel Reviews

VI. Nagymezo u. 49, Budapest, Hungary

The beds are fine, the bathrooms need a big upgrade.. Only 2 toilets and 3 showers in the whole hostel!! Need to be cleaner too, they seemed to smell like a public toilet. Location is ok, about 5-10min walk to centre. Anton was great, very hospitable and a generous host. There are small lockers you can put afew things in but wouldn't fit all your stuff.

We loved our stay in budapest. Anton is the best guy and was very helpful with letting us know how to get around Budapest. We would highly recommend this hostel as it was one of the best hostels we stayed in during our interrailing trip.

Anton, the owner, is a lovely Croatian man who clearly loves both his country (amazing tourist posters for Hrvatska everywhere), and running a hostel. Now it's not a "fun hostel" with parties and pub crawls pushed down your neck, but it's well maintained and very clean. A very warm welcome indeed! It's a 5 minute walk from two Metro stations, and Nyugati mainline station, behind which is the West End shopping centre.

• 16th Jul 2014

I can't recommend this hostel enough!! Not only was the location perfect, being close to main metro stations as well as buses, the host, Anton, made me feel more at home than any other hostel has in my last 2 months of traveling. He made dinner for the whole hostel, as well as helped with any and all questions I had while I was there. The hostel had a great t.v room,comfy beds and a big kitchen for cooking, I'll definitely be going back!!

• 14th Jul 2014

Really friendly and helpful owner, would definitely go back here

HBC Hostel is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at as the amazing hostel owner Antun is so friendly and helpful and creates such a great atmosphere within the hostel. The hostel is full of amazing decorations which makes it a really unique place to stay.

We had the best stay here! Such a welcoming atmosphere that allows you to meet other travelers, as well as gain a full insight into the city with the assistance and advice of the wonderful Antun. We enjoyed a traditional Hungarian meal and also an evening tour of the city at the courtesy of the host. If you're going to stay anywhere in central Budapest, HBC is the place to stay!

It's in an amazing location, and is a beautiful building! The hostel it's self was very nice and the owner was the most poliet person, easy to get a long with and is very friendly. Best hostel I've ever been to, and is definitely worth going to

Value for money, good location that's within walking distance of 3 metro stations.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Best hostel in Budapest!! The hostel is in centre so you can walk everywhere from here. There are personal lockers for everyone, brand new strong wifi, new showers, towels and new mattresses when i arrived so everything is very clean and comfortable. But the best thing is Anton - he is so friendly and welcoming, he will help you with anything and make you feel at home. The best hostel if you want to go out and have a great time then come back for a good nights sleep. Would recommend highly!

I had a great stay at HBC. The employees were very friendly and helpful, the place was charming and homey, the location was ideal for seeing Budapest nightlife and tourist spots. I felt safe and appreciated the lockers that came with keys in our rooms. Highly recommended hostel!

• 18th Jun 2014

Bed is very uncomfortable, but the owner more than makes up for it. He is the man!

It is an old and beautiful building with small rooms (I stayed in a 4 beds room for woman). The staff is helpful. The room is very affordable, that's the main positive point. The showers are not very clean (because very old), and my stay was a bit ruin by a group of drunken english girls that try to sleep into my bed! That's ok for a short stay, the hostel is at 5 minutes walk of the main attractions of the city. And the rooms are cheap. But I could'nt say that I recommend it.

Cheap, decent location, largeish kitchen, wifi throughout the building, free towels and decent sized rooms. Strange decor - things pickled in jars in a cabinet (?!), posters of Croatia everywhere although we were in Hungary, model sharks hanging from the ceiling... Staff were not very friendly or particulary helpful - seemed reluctant to communicate with each other, couldn't advise where to buy bus tickets or where certain attractions/sights were.

수염있고 뚱뚱한 아저씨 스태프 덕분에 좋은 여행이 되었습니다. 체크아웃할 때 감사인사 전하려고 했는데 안계시더라구요 (T.T) 너무 친절하게 대해주셔서 감사했습니다. :)

HBC hostel is a really nice place to stay. It's cozy,clean and you have all you need.The staff is really friendly,the position is really great.They will help you with everything you need.Looking forward to come back there!

• 22nd May 2014
  • Croatia

The host is very nice. He will help you anytime for anything. He will also prepare dinner for the guests that we can gather and talk, very good atmosphere. You can make many friends here. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Anton is the best! He'll help you purchase bath tickets, give a free tour & drive you to airport. It's an apartment so not extremely decorated/modern but homey rather. Walking distance to everything, very close to clubs and bars (but not too close). Showers/toilets/kitchen are not the cleanest but do the job. This is one of the calmer hostels I've been too, so the rowdiness is left outside. Wifi is not very good here, I could barely send text messages. Extra blankets available if you get cold.

What an excellent hostel with an absolutely wonderful owner! Upon arrival, the owner let us know exactly where to visit and which places weren't really worth seeing in Budapest. Our first afternoon he also knocked on our door to generously offer us a night time tour of all of Budapest's monuments later that night. A few other guests + us hopped in his mini van and we were able to see Parlament, Heroes' Square, etc. all lit up at night--priceless! Highly recommend staying here.

It is quite quite. The owner of the hostel is ok. The worst thing is I could not open the door when I was inside the room. I needed to shout and hit the door again and again. Few minutes later, my owner saved me.