HBC Hostel Reviews

VI. Nagymezo u. 49, Budapest, Hungary

It is an old and beautiful building with small rooms (I stayed in a 4 beds room for woman). The staff is helpful. The room is very affordable, that's the main positive point. The showers are not very clean (because very old), and my stay was a bit ruin by a group of drunken english girls that try to sleep into my bed! That's ok for a short stay, the hostel is at 5 minutes walk of the main attractions of the city. And the rooms are cheap. But I could'nt say that I recommend it.

Cheap, decent location, largeish kitchen, wifi throughout the building, free towels and decent sized rooms. Strange decor - things pickled in jars in a cabinet (?!), posters of Croatia everywhere although we were in Hungary, model sharks hanging from the ceiling... Staff were not very friendly or particulary helpful - seemed reluctant to communicate with each other, couldn't advise where to buy bus tickets or where certain attractions/sights were.

수염있고 뚱뚱한 아저씨 스태프 덕분에 좋은 여행이 되었습니다. 체크아웃할 때 감사인사 전하려고 했는데 안계시더라구요 (T.T) 너무 친절하게 대해주셔서 감사했습니다. :)

HBC hostel is a really nice place to stay. It's cozy,clean and you have all you need.The staff is really friendly,the position is really great.They will help you with everything you need.Looking forward to come back there!

• 22nd May 2014
  • Croatia

The host is very nice. He will help you anytime for anything. He will also prepare dinner for the guests that we can gather and talk, very good atmosphere. You can make many friends here. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Anton is the best! He'll help you purchase bath tickets, give a free tour & drive you to airport. It's an apartment so not extremely decorated/modern but homey rather. Walking distance to everything, very close to clubs and bars (but not too close). Showers/toilets/kitchen are not the cleanest but do the job. This is one of the calmer hostels I've been too, so the rowdiness is left outside. Wifi is not very good here, I could barely send text messages. Extra blankets available if you get cold.

What an excellent hostel with an absolutely wonderful owner! Upon arrival, the owner let us know exactly where to visit and which places weren't really worth seeing in Budapest. Our first afternoon he also knocked on our door to generously offer us a night time tour of all of Budapest's monuments later that night. A few other guests + us hopped in his mini van and we were able to see Parlament, Heroes' Square, etc. all lit up at night--priceless! Highly recommend staying here.

It is quite quite. The owner of the hostel is ok. The worst thing is I could not open the door when I was inside the room. I needed to shout and hit the door again and again. Few minutes later, my owner saved me.

The hostel is really conveniently located and is nicely decorated. The host is a really friendly and helpful guy, the kitchen is well equipped. The hostel is 100% worth recommending.

1 2 Next » last »