HEY Backpackers 2 Hongdae Reviews

30-5 Yangwa-ro 16-gil (Seogyo-dong, 369-42), Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Great location. Very quiet the night I stayed. I had no problems at all.

Was empty when we stayed ..free laundry, fast internet, near shops, restaurants and store..5min from exit 9 hongik station

The room was dirty when we arrived and the owner was scurrying to clean up the bed and the floor. The bathrooms were not the cleanest either. The owner was really nice but he was kind of sketchy and jumpy acting. The facility was in a great location but it was difficult to find because the signs were so small. Overall it was not that bad but it could have been better

• 9th Oct 2015

The hostel was in a great location but that's about it. The space wasn't overly welcoming or clean and the beds the same. The owner was cleaning as we arrived. The kitchen was gross and not useable. The bathroom also not clean. Really centrally located in Hongdae but otherwise nothing special. Wouldn't stay again.

nice hostel..i actually stayed in hey backpackers 1, free use of washing machine, free water..free use of kitchen..great location..nice terrace/ balcony...i reccommend staying here.

Location is good. But staff and room are not. I booked single room, but when I checked in, he tried to offer dorm room. If I didn't say anything, maybe I had to stay there. And he said "please write good review" again and again... I felt bad... Rooms are not so clean and I couldn't use air conditioner in hot summer!

Located next to party and club area Nice for having fun, not so nice for having a good sleep

Excellent location for the price! Hang out in Hongdae all night and then walk back to the hostel. Leave your stuff in the provided locker if you need a place to keep things secure. It was a bit hot at night without AC/fan, but for $10 I can't really complain too much. And after all... it's Korea in the summer.

It may not be excitiing, it may not be the most comfortable, but for value for money, location, and the helpfulness of the host you won't find better. There's a reason I stay here whenever I come to Seoul!

• 27th Jun 2015

It was a nice place to stay, the manager is very friendly, and it has a very "homey" feel. Mostly young backpackers when I was there. It is nearby to some club, so sometimes at night, loud music can be heard, but as it is in the party district, that would be expected.