HEY Backpackers 2 Hongdae Reviews

30-5 Yangwa-ro 16-gil (Seogyo-dong, 369-42), Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

nice hostel..i actually stayed in hey backpackers 1, free use of washing machine, free water..free use of kitchen..great location..nice terrace/ balcony...i reccommend staying here.

Location is good. But staff and room are not. I booked single room, but when I checked in, he tried to offer dorm room. If I didn't say anything, maybe I had to stay there. And he said "please write good review" again and again... I felt bad... Rooms are not so clean and I couldn't use air conditioner in hot summer!

Located next to party and club area Nice for having fun, not so nice for having a good sleep

Excellent location for the price! Hang out in Hongdae all night and then walk back to the hostel. Leave your stuff in the provided locker if you need a place to keep things secure. It was a bit hot at night without AC/fan, but for $10 I can't really complain too much. And after all... it's Korea in the summer.

It may not be excitiing, it may not be the most comfortable, but for value for money, location, and the helpfulness of the host you won't find better. There's a reason I stay here whenever I come to Seoul!

• 27th Jun 2015

It was a nice place to stay, the manager is very friendly, and it has a very "homey" feel. Mostly young backpackers when I was there. It is nearby to some club, so sometimes at night, loud music can be heard, but as it is in the party district, that would be expected.

We did not stay after all. We cancelled that morning and that was easy to do. Thank you!

Met some lovely people here and the guy who works here (so sorry I forgot his name!!) took a few of us out to a "cheap cheap" Korean BBQ place which was nice! Then a night of soju! I kept extending my stay and although he was close to being booked, he rearranged things so that I could stay a few more nights. Location is great, near Hongik Uni & a strip of shops/bars/restaurants. Make sure you're being charged correctly though, he gets a little "confused". Don't get overcharged.

The owner is quite fun, but u gotta be patient... I think most people there disliked it, i didnt really mind. If u dont expect someone to wipe for u, this is actually quite worth the money

Stayed 2 nights here not a complaint i could think of, has everything you need fully functioning kitchen, comfortable beds BRILLIANT LOCATION would suggest if your looking forwards to rhe night life. the owner is a good laugh ask him about the cheap noodles shop SO GOOD

Good location,price fair.. service so so only...

• 8th Mar 2015