HEY Backpackers Reviews

21 Yangwa-ro 16-gil (Seogyo-dong, 355-12), Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Great stay! Thanks for everything

• 11th Apr 2014

The hostel was nice, but the owner was a bit annoying. He always entered the dorm, not knocking or aksing, there was not key for the dorm. He always looked annoyed for whatever reason and sometimes even looked like he was judging us. One night there was a party in the hostel until 2am and instead of aksing the people to be less noisy, the owner was the most noisy of all. If ou don't mind that, the hostel is pretty nice. It is well situated,10 minutes for the closest subay and restaurents.

My stay at HEY backpackers was phenomonal. Good atmosphere to meet other backpackers, good service and help. The host, Mr. Ko is a really nice guy that will help you any time of the day

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

Everything at HEY Backpackers was awesome! The atmosphere was excellent and the people I met were all friendly and trustworthy. The owner, Mr. Ko, is great at treating his patrons to local Korean savory and Soju. The rooms were all clean and the common area was perfect for getting to know the other people. I was able to get a very early check in time and was able to stay long after check out until I found additional accommodation before leaving Seoul. Great place. Would definitely go back.

• 6th Feb 2014

An okay place to stay for the night though it is quite small so can feel a little claustrophobic. It is a converted apartment so it feels as if you are staying in somebody's home. I booked for one night with the plan to travel to Busan the next day but as soon as I arrived I was heavily pressured into staying longer and told that I wouldnt be able to travel to busan as it was new year however I had no problems with travelling to Busan.

• 29th Jan 2014

We stayed in the six-bed mixed dorm 'suite,' which was absolutely fine. This hostel is so excellently located (right in the heart of the Hongdae area), that, for 13,000 KRW, you could be sleeping in a washing basket or bread bin and still come away feeling content. (As it happens, the beds are, beds!) Usual hostel fare - facilities, cleanliness, 'atmosphere:' ? Go and make your own! - with a lively and friendly owner to boot. A perfect drop-your-bags-off-enjoy-the-nightlife-and-sleep hostel!

I arrived at the HEY Backpackers before the official check-in time, but the owner let me check-in an even put me in a dormroom that was better than the one I had originally booked, since I had a lot of luggage and the other room didnt have as much space. While I am grateful for both theses things, the owners english isn't very good, so it can be kind of difficult to understand him from time to time.

The location of this hostel is really fantastic especially with the cost being so low. The owner was kind enough to upgrade my room, so that was pretty nice! There are small lockers, but the main door is locked and everyone gets a key, so you don't really have to worry too much; I felt very secure. I live in South Korea and love weekend trips to Seoul, so I've stayed at many hostels. I think of good hostels as ones that I would stay in again- would I stay here again? Definitely. -Aaron”