HEY Backpackers Reviews

21 Yangwa-ro 16-gil (Seogyo-dong, 355-12), Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

I booked at 5 bedroom ensuite. I think it suppose to be 4 bedroom because one of the bed was queen size and it too small for 2 adult sleep together. The owner never clean our room. He do charge if you left your baggage more then 1 days.

The bathroom needed to be cleaner..it looked dingy..the bathroom was attached to a storage room.. this door had a window without glass with a black cloth hung up on it...the rooms didn't provide clean sheets, they had dust on them..the people there were nice though..and very helpful...for 20,000 won private room..you get what you pay for..ill suggest if ur not low on money don't stay here..the kitchen was dirty and super old.

The price doesn't get much better than this in the Hongdae area. Ko, also known as "The Boss" was full of energy, exciting, and helpful. No staff works on site, so with the right travelers there, it can really feel like hom

Location is good, although really difficult to find at first, and the sign is very small and easy to miss. The owner is quite a character... He likes to bargain and talk very loudly, but he is very entertaining. Overall we enjoyed our stay, and the rooms were clean.

Enjoyed my stay there like it was home. No, it isn't the perfect hostel, but fortunately, the company there and the lasting friendships I made make this hostel a very special place. Situated smack in the middle of Hongdae's famous nightlife, hey backpackers is the perfect place to get a taste of how surreal and exciting Seoul really is.

• 27th Aug 2014

I stayed here for a total of 7 days and it was a great experience! It is great for the price that you pay. The location is amazing! If you want to party in Seoul/Hongdae area and want to be close to food/excellent shopping areas, this is the place to be. The owner keeps the place clean. The facilities are always accessible. The people I met there were also super cool and made the experience a great and fun one.

Nice hostel for the price. The owner can be a bit off putting, though he is a good guy who means well. The rooms are cramped but the location is great.

• 6th Aug 2014

staff is SUPER drunk!!:D

Very well located in Seoul and easy to find once you get out of the underground. However the owner speaks really little english and we were really ill at ease everytime he was around. So we just came back to sleep and that's all. We even entered in the rooms to take a look in the morning even though people were still sleeping. But we were in the building I; maybe it was different in the building II. Anyway, not very expensive to stay in Seoul, but not very friendly.

Great location. Room was good enough, nothing special.

I like the place. It is located very conveniently and is very well-connected to the rest of the city. My only suggestions are to increase the facilities for bathing and washing. I was in Backpackers 1 which hosted 14 people at that time and it had only one bathroom+toilet, so someone would always be queuing outside the bathroom to use it. The owner does not interfere. It is located next to several pubs so the music keeps on going until 2-3 in the night.

One bathroom for 14people is a to less

This is the worst hostel I've ever been to. Drunk people kept on jumping into the room during the night. Felt scary und unsafe.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Spain

Ppl played cards at midnight(3 o'clock in the morning), it's annoying. would you please tell those backpackers do not do any things to bother other ppl live there. The 6 bed room, where I lived is a bit mess when I check-in. But it was cleaned when I came back again. The location is nice, you can find everything you want close to the hostel. And it's near by the subway.