HI Amazonas Reviews

AV LEONARDO MALCHER, 1363, Centro, Manaus, Brazil

Terrible place, poor acomodations, dirty, without a good staff or organization.

This is the worst hostel in my trip.I made a reservation on Hostelworld.Although it said the reception opened 24-hours,I sent an e-mail about my arriving time(3 o'clock in the morning).When I arrived there,the manager wasn't there and she didn't know I made a reservation for the room.She seems not to check the reservation everyday. The live-in staff there.I was able to have my room which didn't have anything (no trash box, no sheets, no pillowcase).The staff played the loud music till dawn.

When we arrived we were received by an over-friendly guy who turned out to not actually be part of the staff but working for a tourist agency - he literally stalked us everywhere around Manaus. The hostel staff don't speak English, only the owner does and she is really unfriendly, and nobody was interested in the guests. They tried to charge us more and we had to "proof" the price with our hostelworld booking. Bathroom hadn't been cleaned. Airport pick-up couldn't be arranged. AC too weak.