HI Amazônia Reviews

Av. Governador José Malcher, 592, Belem, Brazil

I stayed 2 nights. First night I barely slept. this hostel is super noisy. The AC was that cold that I had to ask for a blanker and they hadnt. They toilets were disgusting, I found what you can imagine floating couple of times. More than 25 USD for this place is a robbery. Anyway, the only positive point was the breakfast that was acceptable.

Unfriendly Staff and subdued atmosphere. Expensive for what it offers.

Cleanliness needs attention and I would give more effort while answering customer`s e-mails . I saw people complaining about shower , but actually you should consider that not having hot shower is normal in those parts of Brazil, so it`s fine. The staff who has a group called ``As Perigosas" or something like that is fun. :-) The hostel is well located, you can go by walk to Ver-O-Peso.

The price is too high. The breakfast is ordinary. Showers are too few and falling apart. But security is good and they do put the air con at night if you ask which is a bonus when it gets too hot. No cold drinks can be bought there.

My impression of HI hostels continue to get worse. Not even to have a map. A breakfast that was only good for us tourists to bond over making fun of it, and at a fairly expensive nightly rate. Also, an absurd extra charge for SAME DAY luggage storage. And make sure you dont lie down on the couch, even if no one else is around, thats only for sitting