HI - Austin Hostel Reviews

2200 S. Lakeshore Blvd., 78741, Austin, USA

One of the best hostels I've been to recently, and I've been to a few.

Very clean, well run hostel. All but one staff member were extremely helpful and friendly. Location was beautiful, right on the water. And the free breakfast and fresh bread everyday was an unexpected bonus. Lots of information about events and things to do in Austin and security was excellent. My one and main issue is that the showers weren't very private. Only a curtain that didn't close completely and anyone could walk into the womens showers.

The Good: Friendly, informative staff. Friendly travelers. Great to meet people from different countries. Lockers provided for valuables. (Either bring your own lock or rent one from the desk person). Free parking. The Bad: The Hostel no longer provides free filtered water. Three young ladies came into the room in the middle of the night and turned on all of the overhead lights in our sleeping quarters. They left the room shortly, but they also failed to turn off the lights when they left.

Nice hostel next to the river. Facilities are excellent and the staff were helpful.

Nice place to stay. The place is a bit far from downtown but next to the river with nice river view. There is bus stop for 672 right next to the hostel. Good for a nice getaway because the place is locating at a very beautiful area next to the river. Good free breakfast. Wifi didn't work when I was there but I had my own data plan. Guests were ranged from college students to retired old folks.

The price indicated on the website doesn't include the additional fee charged by the hostel (3$per/night for not members of the HI). The Internet didn't work the days I stayed at the hostel. The sound isolation is not good so you will hear everything going on in the hostel. But the staff is very friendly and helpful. The hostel is situated in a lovely area near the park and close to the airport (15min by bus). Breakfast (coffee, cereals, bread with jam/Nutella) is included. Lockers for rent

Nice location, friendly staff, smelly room

Only complaint was about another guest, who was sneezing violently all night. Hostel has great location in a growing South Austin neighborhood. I've enjoyed almost every night there.

I'd stay here again. Pretty quiet and friendly fellow guests and staff. Easy to take the bus most places.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Loved this hostel. Huge common area with lots of information, computer, kitchen and lounges. The location is okay, it is near a lot of restaurants but the main attractions are all a bus ride away across the river. Rooms were cleaned every day, My only issue were the bathroom cleaners. They would take hours to clean the bathrooms each day which meant having to wait for ages to use them. The door to the girls bathroom is wide open so I felt uncomfortable showering cos a man cleaner walked in once

The location is outside the downtown area, but the area is in a running path that overlooks the river-- quite nice. They sell bus passes cheaply, and is is easy to get around Austin that way. The common area is a great place to meet others and chat. You can rent bikes here. If you are looking to visit Austin this is a good hostel to stay at.

This hostel is good for people who want to stay somewhere quiet and clean. This hostel does not allow drinking, so it is not the best for meeting new people or partying. The kitchen and bathrooms were clean and the people working there were friendly, but I would have rather stayed somewhere a little more exciting. This hostel is perfect though if you want something quiet and don't like to party.

First of all I was really surprised by the time they charge me its $6 more than you claimed the amount I need to pay... but the staff was nice though she explain its because of they charge $3/per person for the non-member fee, but it should not happened especially when its already a done deal....after all she still refund me $6... secondly....while I saw the room its extremely small a full size bed just filled the room and I only got a little space to walk and place my things... finally

its smelly in the room , and also , when I book it it said pay 25.75 while arrived, but after I arrived I have been charged 3 dollars more and the staff explain its because they need to charge the non member fee but after all she refund me...