HI - Austin Hostel Reviews

2200 S. Lakeshore Blvd., 78741, Austin, USA

First of all I was really surprised by the time they charge me its $6 more than you claimed the amount I need to pay... but the staff was nice though she explain its because of they charge $3/per person for the non-member fee, but it should not happened especially when its already a done deal....after all she still refund me $6... secondly....while I saw the room its extremely small a full size bed just filled the room and I only got a little space to walk and place my things... finally

its smelly in the room , and also , when I book it it said pay 25.75 while arrived, but after I arrived I have been charged 3 dollars more and the staff explain its because they need to charge the non member fee but after all she refund me...

I stayed here over the F1 weekend. It's a really nice, clean hostel in a nice part of town by the lake. The staff were friendly and helped me get to grips with the city. The location of the hostel isn't ideal as it is a bit of a walk from downtown, however the walk along the river is pleasant and there are frequent bus routes to downtown which are all very cheap. I wish I could have stayed longer and got to see more of the city.

When we first got there, we didnt like the location, it is not in downtown, and we thought we will need a cab to go anywhere and the cab would be expensive. Then we discovered various buses and it is quite convenient to go downtown. even cab is not too expensive. so if offsets the outskirt location. Though I really like the water scene by the hostel. highly recommend a morning run by the river.

• 22nd Oct 2014

The space was a lot nicer than expected. Everyone was very friendly and it was a great location.

• 21st Aug 2014