HI - Austin Hostel Reviews

2200 S. Lakeshore Blvd., 78741, Austin, USA

The hostel was amazing. Really clean, good atmosphere and so nice staff and they help you a lot if you need to know something. Top location! I had an awesome stay here, thank you so much! I'll be back soon :)

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

This was the best hostel I've ever been to. Really clean, nice rooms and bathrooms. The staff is really polite and helpful. It's a really beautiful location and even if you don't go into town, you can just relax and hang out at the hostel because there's something to do :-)

The staff were very friendly. The breakfast is basic, but good (cereal, bread, peanut butter, fruit, coffee). It's right on the river and really pretty. The bathrooms were clean, but the shower drain was clogged with hair both times I used it. They allowed a lady to stay with her dog in the dorms, which was a bit of a nuisance. Other than those two things our stay was great. I'll definitely stay again if I return to Austin.

One of my best hostel experiences anywhere. River location is fantastic. There is about a five minute walk to bus lines, no big deal. Staff was outstanding and helpful, rooms, bunk beds and bathrooms were clean. Will definitely return. Lesson learned: If you want a lower bunk, be sure to request it when you make a reservation.

• 15th Jul 2015

It's a little bit far from downtown. It's better to have a car when you travel to there.

I loved the place Mckinney

• 28th Jun 2015

Hostels can have too many restrictions - and I think HI is one of those. I feel that it keeps people from interact and be relaxed.. For me it kills the atmosphere of a nice place and I think people stick more to themselves or their friend that they are traveling with.

I am sorry that you think the hostel has too many restrictions. We definitely try to engage our guests with the community and with other guests, and have made huge strides in that effort. I think our guests will see much change in the near future with regard to unique experiences and interactions between individuals and groups. Any feedback that could positively impact our hostel dynamic is greatly appreciated. Hope to see you again! Nicole Starr - General Manager

great nice clean hostel very spacious and i stayed in a 14 bed - although it was only full once during my stay and one night there was only 3 people in the dorm. staff are great. its right by the lake and the sunsets are amazing - also right next to a place you can hire kayaks or bodyboards for the lake - only negative - there's always loads of little flies in the kitchen - i'm more than sure there's something you can buy to deter them?

Very good hostel. The staff may need to be more Welcoming.

• 18th Jun 2015

Cool Hostel with a friendly staff! Great view of the lake, only a 5 min drive to 6th St. Only issue is that they don't allow alcohol on the property past 10PM.

I loved this hostel, very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, easy to meet other travellers and in a beautiful location next to the river. Good facilities, and a simple breakfast is provided in the morning (toast, cereal etc). It takes 30-45 minutes to walk into the city center; there is a bus stop nearby. The road leading down to the hostel is quite dark which was unnerving - I would probably get a taxi/Uber if I was walking alone.

The staff was SUPER HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY!! 😊😊 I know it's all about, u get what u pay for right? But I had been in hostels before and I will say that this one wasn't my favorite for sure. I DONT LIKE that the mans bathrooms are just next wall from the woman's bathroom-showers! I wish that the woman's would have more privacy because that makes me feel more secure.Btw: there is NOT DOOR ON WOMANS BATHROOM-SHOWER!! If the bathrooms and side to side with the mans, it needs a door that can be lock

• 24th May 2015
  • Mexico

Hello there and thank you for the feedback! I'm very glad to hear that the staff was helpful and friendly. We do apologize for the lack of privacy in the bathrooms, but I want to assure all of our guests that the men's and women's bathrooms/showers are in fact separate. Each shower has a curtain that shields you from the other guests while you are taking a shower. We could use more changing space, but we simply don't have the room. Thanks again and safe travels! Nicole Starr - General Manager

Unreal, had an awesome time staying here, friendly staff, great location, felt very welcomed.

Were put off by one of the staff for berating me and another guest for accidentally falling asleep (while sitting up) on the couches for a couple of minutes. "Not allowed to sleep in the public area, rules are rules!". Then a few hours later I couldn't but notice his girlfriend was sleeping (with a blanket) on the couch. Showers are far from desirable.

One of the best hostels I've been to recently, and I've been to a few.

Very clean, well run hostel. All but one staff member were extremely helpful and friendly. Location was beautiful, right on the water. And the free breakfast and fresh bread everyday was an unexpected bonus. Lots of information about events and things to do in Austin and security was excellent. My one and main issue is that the showers weren't very private. Only a curtain that didn't close completely and anyone could walk into the womens showers.

Quiet location. Spacious facilities. Clean bathrooms. I met some cool people her as well.

The Good: Friendly, informative staff. Friendly travelers. Great to meet people from different countries. Lockers provided for valuables. (Either bring your own lock or rent one from the desk person). Free parking. The Bad: The Hostel no longer provides free filtered water. Three young ladies came into the room in the middle of the night and turned on all of the overhead lights in our sleeping quarters. They left the room shortly, but they also failed to turn off the lights when they left.

Nice hostel next to the river. Facilities are excellent and the staff were helpful.

Nice place to stay. The place is a bit far from downtown but next to the river with nice river view. There is bus stop for 672 right next to the hostel. Good for a nice getaway because the place is locating at a very beautiful area next to the river. Good free breakfast. Wifi didn't work when I was there but I had my own data plan. Guests were ranged from college students to retired old folks.