HI Austin

• 2200 S. Lakeshore Blvd., 78741, Austin, USA

Fabulous 595 Total Reviews
Fabulous 595 Total Reviews

9th Mar 2017

HI Austin is great!!! Terrific staff -- love super helpful Josh . Staying for 8 nights. The hostel is so clean with fresh, good quality towels each morning and real attention to detail in common areas and rooms. Mattresses are also super comfortable and blankets are plenty warm for cooler Texas nights. Breakfast is good and staff frequently puts it out earlier than the 7-9 AM posted time (I'm an early riser). Used the washer/dryer which were inexpensive and took a fraction of expected time.

Hello and thank you for your stay and review. I'll pass along your kind comments to Josh. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks again, Kenny. (GM)

6th Mar 2017
7.7

HI Austin was decent for comfort and great for the atmosphere. I stayed for one night. I booked a 14 bed mixed dorm. I wish I booked a female dorm because it smelled liked balls in there. I didn't use the showers so I can't tell you how the showers were, but it looked clean. The bathroom was spacious. I didn't eat breakfast there so I can't tell you about that either. The atmosphere was great. People were friendly, staff and the people staying there. The common area has a nice open layout.

Hello. I first want to apologize for the odor in the first dorm during your stay. As much as we do to try and prevent that - sometimes in the larger dorms it's very hard to control when we are near capacity. We'll take it under advisement though. Thanks for taking time to write about your stay and we hope to see you back soon. Thanks! -Kenny (GM)

• USA, Female, 41+
5th Mar 2017

A really nice spot run by a friendly crew. The spot on the lake is beautiful. The hostel rents bikes- I wish I had known!! I asked about when i checked in but the clerk gave me no info. It's worth it to rent a bike as the hostel is a bit out of town center. Check out the Mexican family restaurant down the street too- homemade tortillas!

Hello! Thanks for your kind review. I'm not sure why you weren't provided info on the bikes when you checked in. I 'm sorry about that. I wonder if the Mexican resturaunt your speaking of is El Pastor if so - it is delicious. So many tacos here!! Thanks again, Kenny (GM)

• USA, Female, 18-24
4th Mar 2017

The staff was phenomenal. They had ideal rules (quiet hours, no drinking in the space) to keep away the craziness, specially because myself and a colleague stayed during the SXSW weeks. It is a great last minute crash if you need a reasonably priced place in Austin. A 10 -15 minute bus ride or Fasten ride to the city. The only uncomfortable thing was rooming with folks (men and women) who either were alot older or alot younger than myself. YIKES.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience! We're very glad you enjoyed your stay.

22nd Feb 2017
5.4

Showers were dirty and broken. Staff was nice but just there to give you a key. Kitchen was below average. Far from city but it was on a running trail on the river which was pretty. Nothing spectacular, disappointing.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
10th Feb 2017

Awesome staff, location and room! Enjoyed our stay, would love to visit again :)

Hello and thank you for your review and staying with us. We'd love to see you back if you're in the area. Thanks again, Kenny (GM)

26th Jan 2017

It was so cozy!

Thanks so much for your kind words. -Kenny (GM)

24th Jan 2017

Lovely setting right on Lake Austin! Everything about this hostel was great for me - quests conversed with one another, a couple seemed to be working at their computers, the kitchen was well arranged for preparing dinner. Overall perfect for spending time with others and getting ample space to read or work and enough quiet for sleep.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We all really appreciate it and hope to see you again. Thanks! Kenny (GM)

20th Jan 2017

The location is beautiful and convenient. The staff was great.

5th Jan 2017
6.6

It was an okay hostel, but we ended up going to another hostel to party and bar crawl. HI Austin is good if you're only looking to get sleep and get out.