HI Austin

Fabulous 650 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 650 Total Reviews

18th Aug 2017

The hostel has a wonderful location. I booked the 8 bed female room and it wasn't completely full. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows could be replaced. The Friday happy hour was wonderful and made it nice to enjoy the patio and meet other guests. Parking is limited near the hostel and street parking is available.

• USA, Female, 41+
26th Jul 2017

I wish I had known about this years ago. It's not extremely cheap but it is very accessible to many things in Austin. Thank you.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad you did find out about us. I highly encourage you to check out our other locations as well. Thanks again!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
24th Jul 2017

Was very pricey as I stayed here for just under a week and motels are cheaper with the same facilities. Worth while in the aspect of meeting new people and it's the reason I loved it so much here. Met plenty of amazing people and really enjoyed my time. Facilities are well maintained, staff were quite but very nice and location was great as tinder chicks can easily pick you up and take you places. Bob, Bob and Rob were great on the last night.

Hello and thanks so much for sharing your experience. I'm glad you were able to meet new people and have a good time!!

• darbyy4810
  • USA, Male, 25-30
22nd Jul 2017

Overall I liked this hostel a lot and I would stay here or at another Hostelling International establishment if I found one. My one complaint isn't even on the hostel but an incredibly annoying fellow resident in the hostel.

21st Jul 2017

The hostel is in a quite waterfront neighborhood. It is approximately 10 mins walk from the bus stop and approximately 30 mins bus to downtown Austin. I have an HI membership but the staff didn't ask about it, so it get charged extra $3/day. When I asked why was my bill higher than my reservation, she basically said it is because of the taxes but taxes were already included on my online receipt (the extra was for non-member charge).

Hello, Sorry about this confusion. If you contact me directly at gm.austin@hiusa.org I can try to get this taken care of for you. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay though.

21st Jul 2017

Excellent group of staff really nice people

Hi and thanks for the awesome review. We hope to see you again!!

2nd Jul 2017

Great location! Not many people went in and out in the room at night and was quiet. Close to Trail around the lake for morning persons to jog.

Thanks for sharing your experience!!

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
1st Jul 2017
8.0

Location is great, breakfast is ok. There is no bathroom inside the mixed dorm and the hand dryer (from the restroom) is so loud that wakes you up at night when people use it. Overall I would recommend though

Hello and thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We do have only shared restrooms for the dorms but we are remodelling both of them at the end of July. I'll try to figure out a way to make the hand dryer quieter. Thanks again for your review. We appreciate it.

• USA, Female, 41+
23rd Jun 2017

Getting a bit costly for hostels. Albeit very nice location and experience. I made a video. It's pretty cool. Send directions and I'll send you a copy.

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th Jun 2017

The staff is friendly. The facility is nice but it needs to be cleaner. There are flies and gnats in the kitchen and in the seating area and its super gross. No one wants to be trying to put their food together in the kitchen or eat in the dining room and have bugs flying around them and landing on them. Its so so gross. The shower curtain in the bathrooms are gross and covered in nastiness. They need to be cleaned or just straight up replaced. Th cleanliness is my biggest complaint.