HI Austin

8.8
Fabulous 606 Total Reviews

• India, Female, 31-40
23rd Apr 2017

It was awesome. Location is just perfect...so serene yet so close to downtown

Hello and thanks for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your comments. Hope to see you again soon!

• China, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2017

I had a wonderful time there. There were many interesting people and cool events every week. The hostel is right next to the river walk/biking trail. Renting a bike from the hostel and cycling along the river were amzing. Definitely recommend HI Austin!!

19th Apr 2017
7.7

Decent hostel, pretty bad location if you want to explore the city without a car. The rules are confusing; no alcohol on premise, but theres happy hour nights and a sign that says you can drink outside. I understand it after speaking to the owner, but still a little strange.. They hire bikes out, but the sign at the front door says they dont. New management means itll get better over the time - i like his vision, but at the moment the hostel is fairly sterile. Hard to meet peeps. Good faciliti

Hi and thanks for staying with us. I want to apologize for the confusion on the rules. It should have been made more clear at check it. We do allow alcohol outside on all the patios and social areas. We also allow it during hostel sponsored events. We are also constantly reviewing these rules as well. I'm also going to look for the sign that says we don't rent bikes and remove it. Thanks so much for your feedback. It is very much appreciated.

18th Apr 2017

Great Hostel beautiful surroundings too bad they do not have the capital bikes close by. The hostel is great very beautiful surroundings but I wish it was alittle closer to Congress.

Thanks for your kind words. I agree with you on the Capitol bikes and have been working on getting a station nearby. We do rent bikes here for full 24 hour periods though. Hope to see you again. Thanks!

• USA, Female, 25-30
10th Apr 2017

I felt very secure, location was beautiful, but personally wished it was a bit closer to DT, staff was AMAZING and friendly, common areas were really rad, and so much to do outside! a great place if you're travelling and want a few days to chill out and recharge, this is the perrrrrfect place to do it!

• England, Male, 25-30
8th Apr 2017
8.0

Nice place by the river, a little out of town but a good few bars nearby, and easy for the bus/cycle into the city or to the airport. Staff were nice, place was clean.

Hello and thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. We really appreciate it!!

• Finland, Female, 31-40
8th Apr 2017

Nice hostel, everything works. It's right by the lake so it's nice and quiet. The location is a bit far from anywhere so I definitely recommend renting a bike.

9th Mar 2017

HI Austin is great!!! Terrific staff -- love super helpful Josh . Staying for 8 nights. The hostel is so clean with fresh, good quality towels each morning and real attention to detail in common areas and rooms. Mattresses are also super comfortable and blankets are plenty warm for cooler Texas nights. Breakfast is good and staff frequently puts it out earlier than the 7-9 AM posted time (I'm an early riser). Used the washer/dryer which were inexpensive and took a fraction of expected time.

Hello and thank you for your stay and review. I'll pass along your kind comments to Josh. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks again, Kenny. (GM)

6th Mar 2017
7.7

HI Austin was decent for comfort and great for the atmosphere. I stayed for one night. I booked a 14 bed mixed dorm. I wish I booked a female dorm because it smelled liked balls in there. I didn't use the showers so I can't tell you how the showers were, but it looked clean. The bathroom was spacious. I didn't eat breakfast there so I can't tell you about that either. The atmosphere was great. People were friendly, staff and the people staying there. The common area has a nice open layout.

Hello. I first want to apologize for the odor in the first dorm during your stay. As much as we do to try and prevent that - sometimes in the larger dorms it's very hard to control when we are near capacity. We'll take it under advisement though. Thanks for taking time to write about your stay and we hope to see you back soon. Thanks! -Kenny (GM)

• USA, Female, 41+
5th Mar 2017

A really nice spot run by a friendly crew. The spot on the lake is beautiful. The hostel rents bikes- I wish I had known!! I asked about when i checked in but the clerk gave me no info. It's worth it to rent a bike as the hostel is a bit out of town center. Check out the Mexican family restaurant down the street too- homemade tortillas!

Hello! Thanks for your kind review. I'm not sure why you weren't provided info on the bikes when you checked in. I 'm sorry about that. I wonder if the Mexican resturaunt your speaking of is El Pastor if so - it is delicious. So many tacos here!! Thanks again, Kenny (GM)