HI Austin Reviews

2200 S. Lakeshore Blvd., 78741, Austin, USA

It goes beyond the traditional hostel experience with atmosphere, amenities, needs and more. I feel like I am at home.

This was a nice little hostel next to the lake in Austin with a good view of the city and a trail to walk. The staff were all exceptional and helpful, its not really a party hostel though, but a trip into the centre of Austin sorts that out so its a nice balance.

Pretty incredible hostel... I couldn't have asked for a better one. Great facilities and awesome staff.

• 16th Sep 2015
  • Wales

Lee, the assistant general manager, really needs to chill out. Its a hostel not a 5 star upscale restaurant. Lose the snooty self-righteous attitude Lee. It makes other people just as uncomfortable to talk with you as you are with yourself.

Really great hostel. Free toiletries in the girls bathroom to use and they put out free chocolate and beer. Little out of town but as long as you don't mind riding a bike I'd suggest just renting them from the hostel as its a pretty ride into the city along the river (only 10 mins) Staff was great - my friends and I were really late returning our bikes as we got lost but they didn't charge us extra and are very chill about problems and mishaps. Would definitely come back

It is located a bit out of town and is your typical HI hostel. Good facilities but atmosphere is quiet.

good, although I wasn't there long enough to get a real idea of the atmosphere thanks to a delayed train!

I only stayed one night and thought it was in a great location, off the lake and close to the downtown activities. The showers are communal but have been kept clean. Breakfast could be better but simple toast, jam, pb and cereal. The chalkboard calendar list many things happening in Austin. I was only in and out but tour the place if the staff can't show you, so you know where rooms and other places are. Its a medium size hostel for the States.

It was a shame we couldn't have more than one night in Austin - we really enjoyed our stay!

It's right next to the river, which is a beautiful sight. It's not close to downtown, where a lot of things are happening. Everything was clean. They had AC. It is great hostel. The only thing lacking was the absolute lack of social atmosphere. Maybe, I was there at a down period? But give this place a try, it has everything going for them to be a great hostel.

I really enjoyed staying at this host. The lockers were useful and it was very clean. There was limited selection for the breakfast of cereal or toast. The staff were awesome and I would recommend staying here. It's right on the bike and hike tour which is beautiful just out the city but I recommend using at uber if you're not a walker!

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel. The location is fabulous as it is close enough to downtown/nightlife but also good for walks and outdoorsy stuff. My only comment is how noisy it can be outside of the dorm rooms. Although this is a relatively small hostel, I found that you could hear everything in your bed from the extremely loud hand dryers, the laundry machine, flushing toilets, people talking etc... I think it would benefit from closing the bathroom doors! Otherwise LOVED IT! :)

Need more rental bikes and a better system for renting them out.

While not in the heart of the shopping and partying districts of Austin, this hostel has easy access to both the Colorado River and a large bike trail. There are also paddle boarding, kayak, and bike rentals so that you can utilize these options. You're no more than a brief and cheap bus ride, uber, or drive to the main attractions of Austin. Kind and helpful staff and entertaining guests made for a perfect stay!

Nice staff and very clean . It was not as central as I thought it would be.

1 2 Next » last »