HI-Baltimore Hostel Reviews

17 West Mulberry Street, Baltimore, USA

The staff was friendly and helpful, though on my 2nd and last night, I real drunk guy checked in my room, despite being against rules. Me and the other guests questioned that, but the girl on the night shift who seemed to be interested only in her boyfriend who was there with her during the night, asked us if we really minded him staying, as it was for one night only. Seriously? What about the rules? What about that guy who even had a price tag hanging on his jeans? I felt really unsafe.

I could not complete my stay at the hostel due to the 8X10 room with two bunk beds (4 people) and their scattered belongings. I could not even walk two feet onto the floor and then crawl up onto the bunk bed at my age. The other residents took my bedding so I had to get more bedding. and they had the space heater turned up to 100% all night which made the small room overheated. I left at 4am to get another hotel room. I think the hostel was wonderful and I truly wanted to stay but could not.

• 9th Mar 2015

Nice hostel with good common areas. Only thing I don't like about HI hostels is of course the temporary membership that one must pay.

This was my first hostel experience. I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but I was pleasantly surprised. Great atmosphere. I would definitely go back. Smores, campfires, pancakes, jam night. Very cool.

• 7th Feb 2015

Very nice stay, only a few people were in my all-female dorm room, and it was pleasantly quiet. The most exquisite antique building I've ever stayed in!

Fantastic! Easily the friendliest, cleanest,, well- organized bostel I ever experienced: nice sized bunk bed rooms and huge communal area. Kitchen full of character and flaojacks and syrup included. Beautiful inner harbor at Baltimore in walking distance, and visit the 27th floor of the World Trade Center there; 5 dollars for a sensationsl view and they also let me return free at night. Free buses sround the city....no complaints from me, good memories of my time there. Yes I am a real traveler!

They were two staff members (particularly James Landing and hostel manager) who were very rude and not helpful; when I arrived I was made to feel unwelcomed. I stayed in a room that looked like a prison; the room was dirty and smelling as hell. The facilities were pretty terrible though. Cramped toilet and bathroom. My holiday was ruined because I was depressed during stay at this terrible place. The Hostel is located at a dodgy area, close to a Homeless shelter and it is dangerous to take a wal

• 25th Dec 2014

Good set up, great kitchen, you can easily walk places overall a very good stay

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel. Hostel staff are very friendly and welcoming. Services and facilities I found very good. Well kept hostel. Keep it up.

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Nepal

Very nice, clean, and safe. Staff is great.

• 21st Nov 2014

really helpful staff! super clean and professional

• 20th Nov 2014

The hostel, was Great !!. Is in good locations and the staff was very friendly. The best of Baltimore is that some bus are free.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • car19845313
  • Colombia

We had a good experience here. When we arrived in our room there were no floor level bunks left. As both of us have back and foot issues, there was no way we could use any upper bunks. The staff happily moved us to another room where we had floor access to the bunks. We were very happy about this.

Just what I was looking for while searching for house in Baltimore, well located, near bus and metro station,clean, ample, beautiful common areas and breakfast included with enough bathrooms/guests ratio. Not so much of athmosphere, wich was perfect for I was looking for, but not so friendly staff (altough I guess it is more of a Baltimore thing than the hostel thing). Defenetly recommended for a short stay, but if you are more into parties and good vibe this is not the right place.

Beautiful house, good location, extremely friendly and helpfull staff: nice place altogether! :)

It was my second time there and like my first stay i have nothing to say but positive things.

This old mansion was very nicely kept and now that its a Hostel, it has everything you could need as a hosteler. There is a nice living room with a piano. A dining room with plenty of seating area. A breakfast table and bar stools so there is room for people to sit. The kitchen is kept clean and has coffee and tea for anyone interested. There are lockers for some items next to rooms. Suitcases are too big to fit inside lockers, but inside the room you can adjust. Close to a lot of attractions.

• 16th Oct 2014

침대스텐드도고장나있고 물도잘안나오고 불편했어요 ㅠ하루만잇어서그렇지 오래 머물긴 어려울듯 하네요 야구가 늦게 끝나서 숙소까지 걸어갔는데 좀 무서웠습니다, 몇 골목 안에 있어서

• 10th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

It is in the middle of downtown, I only stayed for one night and it was good for what I needed, which is just a bed. There was a huge common area and a sizeable kitchen with it, the little patio/backyard area was a nice touch too.