HI-Baltimore Hostel Reviews

17 West Mulberry Street, Baltimore, USA

Very good location, welcoming staff, clean facilities and rooms. The wifi was better than mine at home. Atmosphere could've been better but then again not a lot of people go to Baltimore, much less backpackers where I categorise myself. Takes 10 min to walk to the inner harbour which is the sunshine spot of Baltimore!

I only spent one night here at the 12 bed male dormitory. The staff was friendly and helpful and the place was reasonably clean. The location was decent, right opposite to the old cathedral, and a few blocks away from the artsy, posh Mount Vernon district. The harbour area is also not too far away and the walk is relatively safe. The only downside for me was that it was a bit too quiet (this was a Friday night) and didn't have the typical lively vibe like some of the other hostels I've been to.

This hostel is already my home away from home since my first time here last summer 2014. Staff are awesome, it's cheap, clean, decent, quiet & has this wonderful home-feeling to it….

The staff was friendly and helpful, though on my 2nd and last night, I real drunk guy checked in my room, despite being against rules. Me and the other guests questioned that, but the girl on the night shift who seemed to be interested only in her boyfriend who was there with her during the night, asked us if we really minded him staying, as it was for one night only. Seriously? What about the rules? What about that guy who even had a price tag hanging on his jeans? I felt really unsafe.

I could not complete my stay at the hostel due to the 8X10 room with two bunk beds (4 people) and their scattered belongings. I could not even walk two feet onto the floor and then crawl up onto the bunk bed at my age. The other residents took my bedding so I had to get more bedding. and they had the space heater turned up to 100% all night which made the small room overheated. I left at 4am to get another hotel room. I think the hostel was wonderful and I truly wanted to stay but could not.

• 9th Mar 2015

Nice hostel with good common areas. Only thing I don't like about HI hostels is of course the temporary membership that one must pay.

This was my first hostel experience. I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but I was pleasantly surprised. Great atmosphere. I would definitely go back. Smores, campfires, pancakes, jam night. Very cool.

• 7th Feb 2015

Very nice stay, only a few people were in my all-female dorm room, and it was pleasantly quiet. The most exquisite antique building I've ever stayed in!

Fantastic! Easily the friendliest, cleanest,, well- organized bostel I ever experienced: nice sized bunk bed rooms and huge communal area. Kitchen full of character and flaojacks and syrup included. Beautiful inner harbor at Baltimore in walking distance, and visit the 27th floor of the World Trade Center there; 5 dollars for a sensationsl view and they also let me return free at night. Free buses sround the city....no complaints from me, good memories of my time there. Yes I am a real traveler!

They were two staff members (particularly James Landing and hostel manager) who were very rude and not helpful; when I arrived I was made to feel unwelcomed. I stayed in a room that looked like a prison; the room was dirty and smelling as hell. The facilities were pretty terrible though. Cramped toilet and bathroom. My holiday was ruined because I was depressed during stay at this terrible place. The Hostel is located at a dodgy area, close to a Homeless shelter and it is dangerous to take a wal

• 25th Dec 2014

Good set up, great kitchen, you can easily walk places overall a very good stay

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel. Hostel staff are very friendly and welcoming. Services and facilities I found very good. Well kept hostel. Keep it up.

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Nepal

Very nice, clean, and safe. Staff is great.

• 21st Nov 2014

really helpful staff! super clean and professional

• 20th Nov 2014

The hostel, was Great !!. Is in good locations and the staff was very friendly. The best of Baltimore is that some bus are free.

• 10th Nov 2014