HI-Baltimore Hostel Reviews

17 West Mulberry Street, Baltimore, USA

I enjoyed my stay there very much. The only thing that bothered me was, that I was a bit cold when I woke uo because of the air conditioning and you couldn't control that. Other than that I loved it!

I love the hostel and the staff. Everything was super clean and comfortable! Look forward to staying again!

• 29th Aug 2015

Great hostel. Very nice staff and good value for the city.

Best Hostel I've stayed...

I had a great stay at HI Baltimore. Everything was clean, people were very friendly and I had no problem at all. The breakfast they provide is really good! I definitely recommend this hostel and if I ever go back to Baltimore I will stay there again.

• 21st Aug 2015

Anthony and the rest of the staff were so wonderful and helpful!

• 6th Aug 2015

Great location! Close to everything and there are nice bars and restaurants around. Staff are nice. Thanks to their washing machine I could finally do my laundry lol

My trip to Baltimore was a spontaneous one. I booked the place just a few days before. I searched for the cheapest place and was prepared to stay in a shi*hole. To my surprise this was one of the cleanest places I've ever been to. The staff was helpful and friendly and piano, the pattio and graphite on walls make a really chill and relaxing vibe. Guests are mostly just students but in the evening it's so peaceful and quiet that I would recommend it to everyone.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Serbia

This was one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. The location was great, and the building itself was beautiful. I would definitely stay here again.

The location is great, it is within walking distance to anywhere, and transportation is very cheap in Baltimore. Very clean place with excellent staff members. Bed was comfortable, A/c was pretty good and the showers worked well. Toilets were clean.

Staff was extremely helpful with information about Baltimore and services.

• 8th Jul 2015

It was very comfortable here at this hostel. The room was great, although I had a small problem with another roommate, which the staff took care of immediately (One in particular). For $8/night, you can park your car in the back of the building. The one thing I didn't Like was that there was barely any other guests there. I guess it's because DC is more attractive (and because of the recent unpleasantness in the city). However, I'd come back.

Good location for visiting Mount Vernon area, Peabody Institute and Walters Art Museum but long walk from Inner Harbor. Staff are great, very helpful, although hostel seemed very quiet and empty

Very friendly staff. Loved the taco Friday after a long day of travel and the morning breakfast as well. Next time I am in Baltimore I will definitely be staying again.

The staff really is awesome. I loved everyone that worked there, but Anthony is truly great. I have never met any staff at a hostel that was as cool as this guy. He helped me out a ton during my stay.

The pancake fixings and coffee were great!

• 8th Jun 2015

Great place to stay. We had parking for our rental car right behind the property. Walking distance to stadiums, and Harbor Place, which has tons of dining and drinking options.

Great location, extremely cool building. Free pancake breakfast was great. Great value for the money, would definitely stay again.

It is a perfect hostel!

At first I was not permitted to check-in because the address on my (expired) driver's license is within a certain mile range of the hostel (???!) -- first of all, I no longer live anywhere near Baltimore, and was visiting my old stomping grounds to see a friend, and second, I had only booked a room for one night, so whatever they're trying to enforce with this ABSURD rule doesn't apply. Was finally allowed to check in, but late at night this was NOT a cool situation.

• 9th May 2015