HI-Baltimore Hostel Reviews

17 West Mulberry Street, Baltimore, USA

Great place to stay. We had parking for our rental car right behind the property. Walking distance to stadiums, and Harbor Place, which has tons of dining and drinking options.

Great location, extremely cool building. Free pancake breakfast was great. Great value for the money, would definitely stay again.

It is a perfect hostel!

At first I was not permitted to check-in because the address on my (expired) driver's license is within a certain mile range of the hostel (???!) -- first of all, I no longer live anywhere near Baltimore, and was visiting my old stomping grounds to see a friend, and second, I had only booked a room for one night, so whatever they're trying to enforce with this ABSURD rule doesn't apply. Was finally allowed to check in, but late at night this was NOT a cool situation.

• 9th May 2015

The men's bunk room was stinky! Not sure the hostel can do much about that, but it is what it is. Overall a great place!

Very good location, welcoming staff, clean facilities and rooms. The wifi was better than mine at home. Atmosphere could've been better but then again not a lot of people go to Baltimore, much less backpackers where I categorise myself. Takes 10 min to walk to the inner harbour which is the sunshine spot of Baltimore!

I only spent one night here at the 12 bed male dormitory. The staff was friendly and helpful and the place was reasonably clean. The location was decent, right opposite to the old cathedral, and a few blocks away from the artsy, posh Mount Vernon district. The harbour area is also not too far away and the walk is relatively safe. The only downside for me was that it was a bit too quiet (this was a Friday night) and didn't have the typical lively vibe like some of the other hostels I've been to.

1 2 Next » last »