HI Baltimore Reviews

17 West Mulberry Street, Baltimore, USA

The Saturday night pub crawl was a lot of fun!

• 30th Jan 2016

Best Hostel on the East Coast

It was quite a decent hostel. The living room was huge, which is a great plus point. The dorms were a bit too large to my liking. They only have 8-bed dorms and 12-bed dorms. When you have such a big dorm, the probability of running into someone who snores at night increases. Apart from that, the breakfast was decent - one could make their own pancakes. But there were no fruits or eggs. I guess that would be too much to expect, but I have been to hostels who have that.

Clean and safe environment

I thought it was great. Whenever I'm in the area again I would stay there again. Staff was pleasant and the company was cool. Hanging out with People from around the world. Sharing stories and other stuff. I'm about that life promoting Peace love n respect to others is the vibe.

• 31st Dec 2015

Everything was great expect that our room smells very bad before anybody checked in!

I stayed in this Hostel over Christmas break. It was a bit noisy in room one but a great atmosphere for the most part. Only myself and a handful of others, the breakfast smelled great and the shower and bathroom areas were decent. I'd stay there again the next time I'm passing through.

• 24th Dec 2015

The perfect Hostel!!!!

This hostel is in an older building, so there was a weird stench in the hostel and things just felt less cleanly because of this. For the most part, everything else was pretty clean. I loved the showers, there were two sets of curtains so you can change in private after the shower. There were a lot of older people in the building and most didn't seem so friendly. I probably wouldn't stay again though. I would've felt safer in a hotel in the area. The cheap pricing wasn't worth it.

Great place and nice atmosphere! Kudos to the staff!

The hostel had a lot of very old and long term guests. Not good atmosphere for young travelers. Toilets don't flush well.

Wonderful staff who are helpful and friendly. Great location - many historic sites nearby, museums, a big library, arsty shops... Also the place was clean, there were plenty of restrooms, and the beds were comfortable. I had a great time. The atmosphere was chill. People were in the lobby and kitchen area hanging out, reading, on computers, etc. Quiet hours begin at 11 - it was a nice wind down.

• 2nd Dec 2015

A very good value for money hostel with an extremely friendly and helpful staff. It is also conveniently located close to Penn station and within walking distance of the harbor.

• 27th Nov 2015
  • South Africa

Spent several minutes waiting outside before anyone attended to my ringing the doorbell, then slow check-in process itself when I was in quite a hurry. Room was a little cramped, bathroom even more cramped and pretty grotty, and the sink was almost falling off the wall. The included breakfast was a positive, and a spacious living area and patio

Great place to stay

Beds are uncomfortable and make noises every time you move... On the other hand the staff are nice and friendly :)

Nice Hostel!

Excellent choice for Hostel

Nice hostel, very good location. Good wifi, awesome free breakfast. It's located in a Safe area of town. Would stay again.

It was easy to walk around, the hostel is in a safe area. I liked the size of the room, very large so it didnt get stuffy. The beds were super comfortable, I was there only one night but was very pleasant. I walked from the train station, which is one mile away and nice walk. For the price I recommend it, although there isn't much to do in Baltimore, glad there is a HI hostel that is accessible.