HI-Baltimore Reviews

17 West Mulberry Street, Baltimore, USA

Just spent three nights. Over all I would say this hostel is adequate at best compared to others I have stayed at during my trip. While the location itself was quite convenient to get to from the airport and in a decent part of town with easy access to many surrounding areas and things to do the room was just okay and several of the outlets didnt work. The bathroom was not the cleanest, and both of the external washrooms were experiencing issues which made things challenging.

Best hostel I've been to! My 3rd time there and I love it.

Very good HI hostel close to the harbor.

The bathroom was terrible. ..... and bed very hard

Great hostel, in a perfect location by the Baltimore Cathedral and only a 10 minute walk from the Inner Harbor. Dorm room was clean and had everything I needed - clean sheets, plug sockets, mirror and a decent bathroom. Breakfast was basic - toast or make your own pancakes - but I wouldn't expect anything more from a hostel. The common area had a friendly atmosphere and was a comfortable place to hang out. I would definitely recommend to budget travellers.

Staffs are helpful! I wemt there impromptu and they help me a lot. Ask for a suggestion about free bus, that was amazing

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

A nice place to stay. If u would have to visit Baltimore city, I definitely recommend this place. Near to city center. Plus wonderful breakfast and kitchen facilities! I am really impressed by their kitchen, u could even cook yourself! BTW, I don't think the city is so good. suggest those visitors consider more on safety before coming Baltimore.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • China

I do think a long history hotel supported traveler's journal. Even you can not image how to stay with 8 - 10 members together, but hostel makes it happen. Culture, language and food could be enjoyed at the same time.

• 6th Jun 2014

A really good place to rest up. It was perfect location for what I needed.

Well located and polite employees

• 16th May 2014

Excellent. Wish I'd stayed more than one night. Free breakfast and excellent maps and advice from staff for getting around the city. Location is near everything you'd want to see or do.

The hostel is located in a historical building right in the middle of everything, The staff is awesome. One thing to improve is that it was hard to figure out how to make the water in the shower hot. Well, I only stayed one day and had no chance to ask. My experience was great, met a few interesting travelers too.

Really good location in downtown Baltimore, staff were friendly. The place was really clean.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed in this hostel for several days, but I fell in love with it from the first day. Though I had only 2 days in Baltimore, this was my favorite stay during all my trip, or at least one of the best. The hostel is situated in the centre of the city. The staff was really friendly and helpful, I regret I had to leave this hostel, cause there I felt very well. One day we even had a meal with pasta. The atmosphere in this hostel was very sociable. I love it a lot.

The location is great, the house is big and have good places to stay, but the rooms are smelly and the beds are so little compared with other hostels. Also the guest have the permission to play instruments inside the living room, two people was playing the chelo and the clarinet, out loud and for many hours. In the hostel I never saw a housekeeping in any room, only in the kitchen.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Chile

Staff was especially with directions and even loaned me an alarm clock to get up for an early flight. I would have liked for breakfast to be earlier or at least something earlier to go. I had to leave before 7:30 every day.