HI Baltimore

Fabulous 758 Total Reviews

• rachelledbetter
  • USA, Couple, 25-30
2nd Sep 2017

I stayed here on a long weekend, and it was my first time in Baltimore. Excellent hostel! Some reviews say it is in a sketchy area, but it is close to the Johns Hopkins neighborhood, a twenty minute walk to Baltimore Penn, and a twenty minute walk to the Inner Harbor. I never felt unsafe nor inconvenienced by the neighborhood or its location! Also--great staff and great rooms! Would stay there again.

• Nicolaa1
  • Scotland, Female, 18-24
31st Aug 2017

The building was really nice and clean. Staff were kind and helpful. The bed was really uncomfortable for me, the mattress was just not easy to sleep on and the sheets didn't fit right so they kept coming off. It's a shame because everything else about the hostel was fine, but I would be hesitant to stay again as I had a horrible nights sleep due to the comfort of the bed. I also really liked that they had laundry facilities!

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
29th Aug 2017

It was so amazing thank you so much:)

21st Aug 2017

Great location, amazing facilities for a hostel with great communal areas.

On behalf of the hostel and its staff, we thank you for your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the facility and hope to see you again soon. Please always feel free to let us know how we can improve.

• MexThunder
  • England, Male, 18-24
18th Aug 2017
7.4

Very nice hostel given the location of it and it was nice to stay, met some nice people too. The only real issues were the kinda sketchy neighborhood to one side and the difficult stairs to climb with a full suitcase!

Thank you for your feedback. Your points will be taken into consideration as we our always updating our facility when resources allow. Please always feel free to request assistance from our staff and we will be glad to help, if possible.

17th Aug 2017

This is such a lovely hostel! Super clean, high ceilings, big windows and tasteful decor. There is a big board which has different activities for each day. When I stayed I did the walking tour which was a lot of fun and our tour guide who worked at the hostel was super friendly and nice. The breakfast was really good too and an Irish bar just around the corner!

Thank you for the wonderful review glad to see you enjoy our #1 guest favorite free breakfast ! we were able to reach our goal of meeting and exceeding your expectations

13th Aug 2017

It was great, thank you! I slept in a room full of 12 females (6 bunks total) Everyone was respectful. They supply you with sheets, 2 pillows (one softer, one harder) a towel and a blanket. The room I stayed in had high ceilings which was nice because I slept on a top bunk. The hostel has quiet hours. Overall nice stay, I had only stayed for 1 night so I didn't use the showers. Also, they have free breakfast! They turn on a griddle and have a kitchen so you can make your own pancakes, etc!

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad your stay was a pleasant one and we are always happy for all guest comments (good or bad) to help us improve our services. Please do pass on the word and come again soon!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
12th Aug 2017
4.3

The staff was incompetent and one even asked us to wait until her shift ended to deal with a problem. We booked one room and they initially split us up into three rooms, putting people by themselves. One bed was even overbooked for a night, so someone had to find a new place to sleep. In two of the rooms, the showers were out of order and all of the showers were gross and tiny. One functional shower had no curtain. The contact information listed is out of date. wish i had more space to review.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on why your stay was not pleasant. On behalf of our team, I do apologize that our facility did not meet standard. We are always updating our services and amenities and do hope that should you visit in the future our rooms and bathrooms will meet your expectations. We do take all feedback into consideration and we have now updated our contact information. As a note, we do encourage guests to email us with specific requirements for their stay. Through this format we are able to make change and resolve any queries more efficiently.

11th Aug 2017

The staff was great! My room and bathroom was clean. I love the free breakfast. The hostel itself has a lot of space and it's beautifully decorated. The only thing I think they could do to improve is to offer lockers to *rent* out instead of purchasing a lock. The other people staying at the hostel weren't around much, but I don't think there's much the HI Baltimore staff could do about it. Enjoyed my stay, I definitely recommend. Thank you, HI Baltimore!!!

We really do appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Your comments are informative, as we always hope to improve and accommodate our guests the best we can. Based on feedback, we constantly update our services and amenities and will take you suggestion into consideration. Please spread the word and come again soon.

10th Aug 2017

This was a really cool hostel - the downstairs common area and kitchen was very spacious and really nice decorated with TVs, books, films, boardgames and even a piano. The free breakfast was great and made our stay really good valus for money. There were a lot of guests in our room but it never felt crowded. The bedlights and extension leads were also a really good touch. We really enjoyed our stay here!

×