Fabulous 976 Total Reviews
Fabulous 976 Total Reviews
HI-Banff Alpine Centre Located at #801 Hidden Ridge Way, Banff, Alberta, Banff.
Canada
Banff AB #801 Hidden Ridge Way, Banff, Alberta
86% 976
51.1849519 -115.5486202
    Rooms available

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
3rd Dec 2016

Staff were really lovely. Our room got upgraded. Amazing kitchen and showers. Would definitely come back.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
19th Nov 2016

This was first time hostelling and my friend and I had a really great time. We will definitely be back!

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
11th Nov 2016

We spent a long weekend in Banff and decided on a hostel as hotel prices for the weekend were really inflated. I had paid for a two-person ensuite with a bathroom but when we arrived we were given a larger room at no extra cost. Bonus! I have stayed in many hostels and I think this is the cleanest, most well maintained I have seen. The dorms, pub and cafe are in one building, and the kitchen and private rooms are in another, which made for quiet sleeps. A 15 minute walk from Banff, but worth it!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
26th Oct 2016

A very cozy hostel. The buss pass into town is an advantage. Reliable wifi. Kitchen and laundry downstairs with nice bunk beds. Plenty of privacy. Super clean!

• Spain, Female, 25-30
22nd Oct 2016

Great hostal. Nice atmosphere. No breaskfast inluded and not walking distance from banff downtown

19th Oct 2016
7.1

The staff specially the front desk that recieved me is very poor in her attitude she was lacking the know how of how to treat a client and she was very rude with me and with the other clients that arrived at the same time with me. So your attention to this matter is much appreciated.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
13th Oct 2016

The staff at the front desk are AMAZING! Friendly and caring and knowledgable! It was little noisy a few nights, I think some guests must have shared a room key or something as from 9pm till 3am there was constant knocking and squeaky doors opening and closing. I am a heavy sleeper and it woke me up.

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
8th Oct 2016

The staff were fantastic, the hostel itself had a fitting rustic feel, and the restaurant on the main level was a huge plus. It's quite out of the way to walk from downtown Banff in the cold, but luckily there's a bus stop right outside the hostel. The biggest downside were the bathrooms, which were a very unpleasant experience and I dreaded showering when I was there. The stalls had nowhere to put toiletries and the floors were really dirty, at least at night when I would shower.

• England, Female, 25-30
26th Sep 2016
5.1

We were excited to arrive at this hostel on our trip with comments on the food, drink and sociable atmosphere - however the staff member we saw was transferred from another HI so could not answer any of our questions about the local area. The bar and evening food was also all closed as staff were at another venue. This was presumably a planned closure at another venue and staff should have been organised appropriately to provide the service we paid for and expected at the hostel. Disappointing.

• England, Female, 31-40
24th Sep 2016

When I arrived I was upgraded to an ensuite room which was a really lovely surprise after an 8hr drive. The staff were super friendly and always helpful with anything I had queries on. I like the fact this hostel is tucked away from the main street and has a very chilled vibe to it.