Fabulous 873 Total Reviews
Fabulous 873 Total Reviews
HI-Banff Alpine Centre Located at #801 Hidden Ridge Way, Banff, Alberta, Banff.
Canada
Banff AB #801 Hidden Ridge Way, Banff, Alberta
86% 873
51.1849519 -115.5486202
    Rooms available

• Switzerland, Couple, 25-30
22nd Jul 2016
7.1

Banff is too expensive. Staff is unfriendly. They just gave me a map and thats it. No time for explication, they told me to go to the Visitor Centre in Town. How rude

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
19th Jul 2016
7.1

Really friendly staff and a great atmosphere. This hostel is in the wilderness so remember to bring basic things like water as it wasn't always available. There is no cell phone service, and the WiFi was only available for an hour or so. If that's what you're into, then this place is for you!

17th Jul 2016
6.9

I found this hostel to be just functional - not the most inviting at which I've stayed. Check-in was perfunctory, the 6-bed dorm room was quite cramped, and the location a bit of hike outside of center. It was ok, but I've stayed in better hostels for less.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
11th Jul 2016

I've never stayed in a hostel before this trip and I was a little worried we would end up in a run down place. Luckily it was a very nice place! The staff was awesome and told us everything we needed to see. Rooms were good. Lots of fun activities to do every night. And very close to Banff st. (We took a cab and it was $7). I would definitely stay here again. Good value for your money!

• USA, Female, 31-40
11th Jul 2016

Great place to stay but might bring ear plugs for when the bars close. Don't order breakfast there if you're in a hurry but the nice guy working in the restaurant made the wait ok. Great location. Very clean. Would stay again.

9th Jul 2016

One of the best hostels I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. Nothing bad to say about it at all. It is clean, secure, cozy, and stunningly beautiful. The restaurant has great food at a surprisingly reasonable price and the porch is a great place to sit, eat, and enjoy the wonderful view. Next time I am in Banff this hostel will definitely be my first choice.

• Switzerland, Mixed Group, 25-30
7th Jul 2016
5.7

we were told on our arrival that we (3 pax) are not staying in the same room. we were a group of two men and a woman and had specifically bookedbeds in a mixed dorm to be in the same room. The receptionist was very unfriendly and unhelpful. Also the total price was much higher than what we had seen on hostelworld. We saw 38$ per person, but it was over $50 in the end, although we were given the HI-member rate apparently. the hostel is nice but waaayy out of town.

• USA, Male, 25-30
4th Jul 2016

This is best hostel experience I've ever had. Exceptionally clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again if I'm in the area, especially given the cost of other accommodations around Banff!

• Australia, Male, 41+
2nd Jul 2016

Hostel location was in easy reach of the townsite via the bus service - clean - staff were very helpful

• Italy, Female, 31-40
2nd Jul 2016
8.0

I was only here for 2 nights but enjoyed my stay. No prop Bless at all. I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm with ensure bathroom - definitely worth the extra few bucks! This was my first hostel experience and it was a good one so I would recommend. Make sure you get a free bus pass from reception - this saved loads of money and you can use it to get anywhere in Banff on the transit.