Fabulous 907 Total Reviews
Fabulous 907 Total Reviews
HI-Banff Alpine Centre Located at #801 Hidden Ridge Way, Banff, Alberta, Banff.
Canada
Banff AB #801 Hidden Ridge Way, Banff, Alberta
86% 907
51.1849519 -115.5486202
    Rooms available

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
12th Aug 2016
8.0

Huge samesun fan, however HI Banff provides just as good quality and reception. Staff were very courteous, friendly and approachable. Breakfast was delicious and bar prices can't be beat. Definitely will return. Proximity to tunnel mountain is fantastic, but downtown proximity is mediocre. Yet the transit deposit more than makes up for it. Cleanliness and access to kitchen is awesome. My only gripe is no discounts for couples who have to pay for two beds and a little pricey.

• Australia, Female, 41+
5th Aug 2016

Unfortunately I had to cancel my booking, which I did well in advance of my expected arrival.The hostel staff were very understanding and helpful.I had thought there was no booking fee as advertised by hostel world.But unfortunately hostel world charged me $77.In future I will book diect.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
5th Aug 2016

Situated beautifully in the mountains! One of my favourite parts was eating breakfast on the patio with a mountain view. Pub was super fun and easy to meet other travellers. Only a 10 min drive to Banff avenue. Helpful staff. Only downside was not many scheduled outtings and one night a Contiki tour group took over the pub and made it super cliquey. Samesun is closer to bars but I enjoyed this hostel more.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
3rd Aug 2016

I really care about cleanliness & this place was very very clean. The beds were also very nice, and the environment was friendly. Could quickly walk to a nearby store to buy toothpaste which was nice as well. The location was pretty perfect. Beautiful views from the deck.

• jyau22
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
29th Jul 2016

It has everything you need - facilities are older but if you need a clean bed, clean bathroom and even a place to get food - this is your place. I'm assuming everywhere else in Banff is crazy expensive so in relativity, I think this was a good price! Though a bit higher when compared to other hostels. Otherwise, staff were friendly and helpful, people from all walks of life stayed here, I would recommend.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
28th Jul 2016

Great atmosphere, staff, cleanliness, however it was $50 a person per night for 4 of us which felt a little pricey considering that is equivalent to a hotel. We do understand location is key though and banff things are pricier. Overall would highly recommend and would definitely return - we had an awesome experience.

• Switzerland, Couple, 25-30
22nd Jul 2016
7.1

Banff is too expensive. Staff is unfriendly. They just gave me a map and thats it. No time for explication, they told me to go to the Visitor Centre in Town. How rude

• England, Female, 18-24
21st Jul 2016
6.9

This hostel was ok, nothing fancy but comfortable and pretty clean. Had an OK restaurant attached. Lots going on in the bar in the evenings, but I didn't feel like it had much atmosphere. It was a short bus ride to town, but still felt detached from the town. All in all it was a good hostel, but I definitely preferred the one in town

• Australia, Female, 25-30
21st Jul 2016

Fantastic hostel with lots of lounging space outside the dorms which was lovely. Staff were super friendly and helpful.

• USA, Male, 18-24
20th Jul 2016

Although I have limited hostel experience--one of my favorite hostels. Several building serve as lodging. Restaurant is pretty good. Hostel itself is a few miles outside of Banff downtown, but on the bus line. And the front desk will lend you a bus pass for free (well, you need to give them $5 temporarily until you return it). Of particular note for me, Cassandra at the front desk went out of her way to help me out and make my stay great. Would recommend to others!