HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

2097 Total Reviews

A really great place. Will be coming back at the end of my travels!

• 25th Mar 2015

the social program was kind of lame, because either the girl organizing the pub crawl or club nights is lame or there were to few people because there are a lot of school kids in the hostel.

• 22nd Mar 2015

We stayed in one of the private twins for one night. I was surprised with how nice the room was, it was huge, had 5 windows overlooking the street, nice bed, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, plenty of towels. Both bedroom and ensuite bathroom were very clean. The hostel offers a complimentary breakfast with cereal, yogurt, bread, juice and coffee. Overall it was a great stay.

• 17th Mar 2015

I've probably stayed at over 50 hostels. But this is the first one I've been to in the U.S. The atmosphere wasn't great for me. It wasn't much fun, we didn't meet a lot of people who were looking to go out

• 13th Mar 2015

The hostel is great, the only downfall is that it is located right near a first responder station. So during the night you may hear sirens often. However the front desk gives out free ear plugs and maps. So it is not bad at all.

I thought the location was awesome. Everything was clean and new. One issue was the increased temperature in our room. We stayed in an all female 6 bed room and the temperature was really high! I asked housekeeping once and the front desk twice to please turn down the heat in our room and the issue was never addressed. We started leaving the door propped open because it was so unbearable. Each morning the thermometer read 84 degrees!

• 12th Mar 2015

I was surprised that they had a enormous kitchen and dining area and you can cook there. The staff had passionates and really helpful. If I go to Boston again, I would say I will book here again.

I love that this hostel is so spacious and clean. If I visit Boston again, I will definitely stay here again.

Pro: Facilities (great common area) Position Brekfast Clean Con: They charge for the luggage room

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Romania

Very cool atmosphere, and a lot of great (FREE) opportunities! It's great how eco-friendly the building was!

• 26th Feb 2015

Everything is nice except the price,$42 per night....Great America...

The staff was very helpful and polite. There were activities for guests almost every day (both during the day and during the night). The tours were really good and well thought. The people staying in the hostel were also very friendly and eager to socialize and meet new people. People from very different cultures stay at the hostel, so the experience is one to learn from.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

All the fun of a college atmosphere with none of the work!

• 17th Feb 2015

Great hostel in general. Pub crawl was terrible though, don't plan your Saturday night around this.

If there were such a thing as a 5-star hostel, then HI Boston would instantly qualify for that designation. The location is very convenient to both the MBTA Red and Orange Lines (just a 5-10 minute walk, depending on which station you're heading to). I think the only drawback is that the hostel is located near a busy intersection and there is quite a bit of traffic noise that filters through the closed windows at night. Fortunately, it's not much of a problem if one wears earplugs.

I didn't really enjoy my stay here because everything is so anonymous because then hostel is so big. For the money I paid I expected more, definitely not worth it. The breakfast was great though and they offer it from 7-10 which is longer than in most hostels. They charge you for so much extra stuff which should be included in that high price you pay for your stay. For example I paid 5.50 $ for washing, drying and detergent. And another 3 $ to leave my luggage there at the day of my check-out.

Great,must-stay

Loved everything! :)

• 7th Feb 2015

Great hostel, have already recommended to my friends ! Can't wait to come back to NYC !

Not expensive, GREAT vibe. I checked out one day before, and they refunded me the money even though it was late. Great social environment. I never closed with a lock my luggage and i even left my staff unattended, nothing happened. I'd say it's strongly worth the money ! One of my bests so far !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6