HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

I had a very good stay. The front desk was very helpful with directions and suggestions. The bathrooms were clean and we were provided with bathtowels whenever we asked. I will say that having to make our own bedding was a little difficult. I struggled with properly getting the heavy blanket into the slip. That's pretty much my only complaint though. A+ staff, A + location, A + cleanliness. Good choice for anyone going to Boston alone.

Super location, really modern facilities, breakfast was included and pretty decent!!! But I had the feeling our bathroom did not get cleaned over the weekend once, maybe that was because of memorial day...but by tuesday there was no toilet paper anymore and already by sunday no clean bath mats...

Enjoyed the hostel, rooms were a bit warm at night. I liked the private bathrooms. Some water fountains in the room would go a long way but I realize that's not really standard. Only real thing I didn't like was the price, WAY too expensive for a hostel.

• 21st May 2015

Fantastic location made it very easy to get around Boston! Close to multiple T stations/lines and to attractions. Loved the modern feel of the hostel, friendly staff, and spacious general rooms.

• 21st May 2015

We loved our staying!

It is by far, the most expensive hostel I have ever been. That said, the location and facilities are great and make your stay 1000 times easier in town. I'd go back again

The hostel is perfect is clean all over, the facilities are an A++++ except for those male bathroom that smell like male urine even after they've been cleaned up. For the huge price tag, for food: the hostel should bring back boiled eggs OR instead a container of scrambled eggs…. and some sausages…. basic foods like apples, bananas, berries….. Later on party times I suggest children who want & deserve something dignified

HI Boston is super clean and the facilities are awesome, however for a hostel it is quite pricy - but I do understand that Boston is a more expensive city in general. Also there are a lot of younger students and families staying here which is fine, but it does make for a different sort of atmosphere than what many backpackers may be used to in Europe or Asia (also no alcohol is allowed on the premises).

It was awesome. There are a lot of events . If you like meet new people and make foreign friends, It will be chance! I really recommend the HI Hostel if you are looking for staying.

• 12th May 2015
  • South Korea

This is my first time living in a hostel and I have to say I was impressed. The hostel is very clean and convenient. staff are super nice. The location is close to many attractions too. Stayed 3 nights there and enjoyed it!

Hostel does not have a bar and you are not allowed to bring alcohol from the outside, therefore no wine dinner parties at night :( Also, locker aren't free.

Staff was very friendly, location was perfect, everything was very clean and I found folks of all ages stayed there.

• 8th May 2015

This place was great ! It's right in the middle of tons of bars, restaurants, clubs but not too loud! Perfect distance from major attractions. The breakfast was phonomenal. I was only there for one night and wanted to stay longer! Great hostel!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in - staff were so helpful and there were activities everyday, which is perfect when you're travelling alone. Rooms were well thought out - lots of plug sockets, bed light and a little cubby for all your stuff that only you could reach while in bed. Enough bathrooms on each floor to get in the shower without waiting even in the morning and lots of choice for breakfast.

I always stay here when I come to Boston for business. I enjoy the clean facilities including the quilt on the bed. Close to restaurants and everything including subway from airport.

Great place right on the centre and 10 mins walk from tge South Station. New, clean, nice & helpful staff, breakfast included and big rooms and hotel bathrooms. Totally recommended.

All Thing is good , But The Air Conditioner in the room a bit hot to sleep at night.

Great staff - very helpful. Very clean hostel and great there are lockers in room and really liked the personal cubby hole and light provided. Well thought through.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

HI hostels and especially this one have an identity crisis. This place isn't really a hostel. It's large, impersonal, expensive, with an impersonal staff and atmosphere. It's not really a hotel, either, because you share dorms with others, but there are arbitrary conveniences that go into the large price for the reservations, like not having to wash your own dishes. However, there are things this "hostel" charges for that even hotels offer for free, such as luggage storage and a non-member fee.

Excellent hostel offering all you need and even more. Rooms are clean, spacious and well furnished. Almost a bathroom per room, which is very appreciable. Common spaces are pleasant as well, with a nice industrial decoration. The staff is irreproachable. The only downside was the insulation: as hostel is located in the very centre, nights can be noisy with car traffic, up to give the impression that you sleep with opened window when it's not the case. A good pair of earplugs is recommended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6