HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

Good but way too expensive. And they charge $3/night if you're not a member (who the f* is a member?).

Although the cheapest accommodation in Boston still expensive compared to other HI and commercial hostels.

• 28th Aug 2015

Fantastic hostel, really social

a ver good hostel. excellent breakfast, clena, activitites, nice rooms. i'd go there again.

Just got back from a 2 night stay in the HI boston hostel, and have to say couldn't fault it! All the staff especially Aaron and Tori were great, aswell as the volunteers inparticular Anna for monday Trivia were excellent. The hostel was in a great location and the black board full of activities was a great bonus, and a great way to meet new people! The hostel itself was clean, comfortable and very relaxing. Would highly recommend if you were thinking of visiting Boston! :)

• 24th Aug 2015

Thank you for your comments and recommendation! So glad to hear you got a chance to go to Trivia Night - it is so much fun!

While the HI Boston hostel's facility is new, with modern features and design, I was disappointed in my stay. I was assigned a room on the 2nd floor, which also houses the kitchen and rec room. There seemed to be no noise consideration as music played well past midnight, and the noise from the pool table area disrupted my sleep. I had hoped there would be more consideration of this, considering I had paid extra for a premium room.

• 24th Aug 2015

Thank you for leaving your comment - I am sorry you were not satisfied with the placement of you room... we do have several other floors with Premium QUADS and our Staff try to move folks if requested. At any rate - your comments are noted and we will try to work harder on this issue.

The hostel itself is ok: my 4 beds room was pretty packed and the bathroom was not shining, put the common areas are very nice and overall it was a pleasent stay. What really makes the value of this hostel is the amazing staff who work here! I had problems with my credit card and was really panicking, but Walter Rodriguez - one of the staff members - went out of his way to help me and calm me down: he spent over one hour after his shift was over trying to fix my problem and reassuring me!

Thank you for your review... Walter is one of Rock Stars :-) I'll be sure to point out your kind words here to him. Cheers!

The individual restroom is great and clean. The crew is engaged to do the best.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Thank you ! I hope you can stay with us again in the near future.

Friday night my room and baggage were moved without any staff informing. It wasnt until I walked into the wrong room that I was made aware of the issue.

I often stayed at the hostel near Hynes Convention Center Station around 2005, but I couldn't find it on the web, which was disappointing. However, I found this hostel near the Boston Common and China Town, which is really easy to access. From there, you can go any interesting tourist destinations around downton Boston. The hostel itself is clean and quiet and it has also some meeting points for travellers inside the building, which means you can enjoy the friendly atomosphere.

Cheers! Your comments are much appreciated. Hemenway Street (near Hynes) is our old location --- we closed the old location and opened here at 19 Stuart Street June 2012... I'm happy you approve of our new digs :-)

I had a great time staying in this hostel had a great time would definitely recommend

The staff was great and very helpful to our group. They helped us plan several activities and was a great resource for other suggestions of events.

• 14th Aug 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment - we are always happy to help with directions and planning itineraries... Cheers!

I was very impressed with HI Boston. The rooms were great. The locker was wide enough to fit a normal pack and I appreciated the reading light and plug-in near the bed. The bathroom facilities were great. They were both clean and provided some privacy. I enjoyed the included breakfast as well. I would be happy to stay at HI Boston again.

Cheers to you my friend - thank you for your comments.

Top notch facilities, breakfast and group activities. Basically you get what you pay for! Keep in mind this is a very big hostel. Reception was always busy. Would stay again!

We look forward to your future stay with us - Thank you for your comments.

Guides were great!

• 12th Aug 2015

Hey! You got a chance got a chance to checkout one of our tours - glad to hear you had a good time. Thank you for your comment.

Very nice hostel, good security, close to bus station + friendly staff

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us - Cheers!

An excellent place for going alone, with friends or even with your family. It provides all the facilities you could need, and even more. Totally recommended if you're visiting the city.

Please come back an visit with us again soon. Cheers!

Great hostel that organizes lots of guided tours and activities. I definitely recommend it.

Thank you for your comment - and glad to hear you enjoyed your tour.

Really nice hostel, very clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful but seemed a little impatient as they were so busy, I wasn't told about storing food or where the kitchen even was. Massive communal space so it became a bit more difficult to meet people as everyone was so spread out, but overall a very good place to stay with lots of planned activities. Perhaps a bit overpriced, as it's still a hostel after all.

The hostel was outstanding, the staff were all friendly and keen to help, it's located in a nice area of boston which helps give the area a great atmosphere. Thoroughly recommend this place to anyone staying in Boston.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7