HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

Great location, nice new building, and really good common spaces. If you're in the forms you'll need earplugs and a sleep mask, but that's par for the course.

Really well designed and practical. An incredibly comfortable and enjoyable stay

• 13th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

It was absolutly the best hostel I stayed in!! There is enough space for all your staff, everybody has a locker in their room and there are bigger ones at the first floor. Location is good as well, near to the subway and the park, easy to go jogging throug it and along the river! I definitly would stay again there :)

Love the "Go green"!!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Colombia

THIS IS THE BEST HOSTEL THAT I'VE EVER STAY !!! Complete Facilities and a lots of space in room for packing luggage. Great variety of breakfast. Super high speed internet and much more.

To be totally honest,this place is like a 4 star motel.it had everything going for it.there were 3 guarantee things on my boston agenda,they being the freedom trail,visit to Fenway park and looking at Harvard.all these were covered by the hostel which meant I didn't have to use up my valuable time in arranging these,and not getting lost.managed to see jerry Seinfeld during my visit,operated just around the corner from hostel. I had a fantastic time and if back in the states,will revisit boston.

A lot of old people. I expected something other in a hostel. Everyone do his own things, no community feeling ! The temperature in the hostel is much to warm, you must wear a t-shirt. A lot of school classes go in this hostel No backpacker !

I was ok with everything until got shocked by how lack of duty and care when the fire alarm rang. At first, the announcement was misleading. Then when the whole building was evacuated no one was organising. At the end, we saw the fire fighters left the building and there was still no official announcement that the emergency was clear and it was safe to get back to the room. Maybe US is not as heavily regulated as the commonwealth country?

I really enjoyed my stay at HI Boston. Ultra modern, clean and with friendly staff it's a cool place to stay. The day time planned activities are great, but the night activities aren't worth it and I found that the location was better for me to just go out myself and find the nightlife in the area. Overall a great hostel.

This was by far the most I've ever paid to stay at a hostel (and I've stayed in expensive cities in Europe). The facilities were really nice and breakfast was awesome, but I felt like $87 CAD was too much to be paying for a traveller on a budget. I also wasn't pleased to find out that on my check out day, I had to pay $3 to use the locker, when they have a luggage storage room I used for free when I arrived early to check in. Atmosphere is great and location is central, but very expensive stay

This is without a doubt one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in (and I've stayed in a lot). It has a high price tag so it really has to be! Very clean and very modern, with all of the thoughtful details you could want: lots of common space, lots of bathrooms, reading lights, comfy beds, track lighting so people can see what they're doing without turning on the overhead light. I didn't participate in any of the activities but they seemed to be plentiful. Would stay again.

A really great place. Will be coming back at the end of my travels!

• 25th Mar 2015

The location is great, the people are very kind and friendly, the atmosphere is cool. This is one of the best hostels that I've been. Please keep making people feel nice :)

the social program was kind of lame, because either the girl organizing the pub crawl or club nights is lame or there were to few people because there are a lot of school kids in the hostel.

• 22nd Mar 2015

The staywas good now fuckoff

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Iceland

We stayed in one of the private twins for one night. I was surprised with how nice the room was, it was huge, had 5 windows overlooking the street, nice bed, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, plenty of towels. Both bedroom and ensuite bathroom were very clean. The hostel offers a complimentary breakfast with cereal, yogurt, bread, juice and coffee. Overall it was a great stay.

• 17th Mar 2015

I've probably stayed at over 50 hostels. But this is the first one I've been to in the U.S. The atmosphere wasn't great for me. It wasn't much fun, we didn't meet a lot of people who were looking to go out

• 13th Mar 2015

The hostel is great, the only downfall is that it is located right near a first responder station. So during the night you may hear sirens often. However the front desk gives out free ear plugs and maps. So it is not bad at all.

I thought the location was awesome. Everything was clean and new. One issue was the increased temperature in our room. We stayed in an all female 6 bed room and the temperature was really high! I asked housekeeping once and the front desk twice to please turn down the heat in our room and the issue was never addressed. We started leaving the door propped open because it was so unbearable. Each morning the thermometer read 84 degrees!

• 12th Mar 2015

I was surprised that they had a enormous kitchen and dining area and you can cook there. The staff had passionates and really helpful. If I go to Boston again, I would say I will book here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6