HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

2062 Total Reviews

Very cool atmosphere, and a lot of great (FREE) opportunities! It's great how eco-friendly the building was!

• 26th Feb 2015

Everything is nice except the price,$42 per night....Great America...

All the fun of a college atmosphere with none of the work!

• 17th Feb 2015

Great hostel in general. Pub crawl was terrible though, don't plan your Saturday night around this.

If there were such a thing as a 5-star hostel, then HI Boston would instantly qualify for that designation. The location is very convenient to both the MBTA Red and Orange Lines (just a 5-10 minute walk, depending on which station you're heading to). I think the only drawback is that the hostel is located near a busy intersection and there is quite a bit of traffic noise that filters through the closed windows at night. Fortunately, it's not much of a problem if one wears earplugs.

I didn't really enjoy my stay here because everything is so anonymous because then hostel is so big. For the money I paid I expected more, definitely not worth it. The breakfast was great though and they offer it from 7-10 which is longer than in most hostels. They charge you for so much extra stuff which should be included in that high price you pay for your stay. For example I paid 5.50 $ for washing, drying and detergent. And another 3 $ to leave my luggage there at the day of my check-out.

Great,must-stay

Loved everything! :)

• 7th Feb 2015

Great hostel, have already recommended to my friends ! Can't wait to come back to NYC !

Not expensive, GREAT vibe. I checked out one day before, and they refunded me the money even though it was late. Great social environment. I never closed with a lock my luggage and i even left my staff unattended, nothing happened. I'd say it's strongly worth the money ! One of my bests so far !

This hostel is comfortable and fun. Sleeping rooms, hallways, bathrooms, and kitchen are clean. There are plenty of places to read or simply hang out. Location is close to several subway lines and lively sections of Boston. In bunk bed rooms, sometimes snoring roommates make it hard to sleep, but I'm not sure the staff can do anything about that. Guests spend much of their time staring at their phones. Staff members know Boston well and are helpful. Overall, this is a great place to stay.

• 4th Feb 2015

It is loved this HI. Thanks a lot! Marcelo

• 1st Feb 2015

Absolutely wonderful, would definitely stay here again and would encourage anybody to give it a go - such a pleasant, safe, clean and convenient environment. Fabulous!

Although the hostel has a nice atmosphere the time I was there the heating was not working correctly and it was way to cold. Different people told the staff but the lobby was to cold as were the bedrooms. The cleaning could be better because even after the cleaning ladies just did the bathrooms there were hairs and old liquids from shampoo everywhere. Besides that I felt ok being in this hostel.

The hostel is great especially for people who have never stayed in hostels, their is a very friendly atmosphere and the staff were around at all times to make you feel safe. It's Quite expensive, but you get what you pay for, always hot water etc. Rooms very very hot at night, and doors are very heavy so always slamming. Beds comfy and clean.

• 29th Jan 2015

Honestly, this was the greatest stay ever. I was blizzarded into Boston and had to stay a few extra nights. It was a delightful stay - they served hot chocolate and three meals because there was nothing open. Also, the staff is extraordinary. Very clean and professional. A marvelous place to meet people of all ages - they had sleds to play in the snow! I would chose this over a hotel any day.

• 25th Jan 2015

I had a great time! I especially enjoyed the activities organized by the Hostel.

Have stayed in HI before on multiple occasions, I love it! Very clean, the locations is also good! This time had to cancel the booking because I had lots of trouble with my flight, they were extremely nice to understand the situation and help me out to cancel with no penalty. Great Staff!!! I don't know a better hostel in Boston.

When i stayed there, many staff are very kind and i thought this hostel is like the hotel because of cleanliness and comfort. So i will definitely recommend this hostel if you go to Boston.

Nice and clean place but too big. Had no soul, so to speak. More a hotel than a hostel if it weren't for the bunk beds. Facilities were great and kind of justify the price tag but for the cost I would look at sharing a hotel next time and only having two people in your room for the same price as you will pay to have six here.

• 16th Jan 2015