HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

1956 Total Reviews

Everything was new and clean. It was the best hostel.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Great location, good prices, friendly staffs, cozy common rooms, and nice dining room.

I quite liked the HI Boston. Environment nicely, very competent staff with the cleanliness and comfort of guests. I recommend the HI Boston and sure in a next opportunity, will stay again in this hostel.

This is a very new and modern hostel. Still very clean and everything works well. Plenty of bathrooms. If you timed breakfast right there was a staff member there to help you with your travel plans for the day if required and the hostel is really centrally located that you can walk pretty much everywhere (didn't try to Harvard/MIT because too wet). Very enjoyable stay with activities daily if you wish to participate.

It was one of the best hostels I've ever been, so clean and the interior design was great.

A good hostel but prepare to be fleeced. The list price was $38 but it came to over 60 by the time they were through adding all the extra charges, memberships, locker fees. Lucky no one thought about charge extra for the mattress... Yet

The common facilities are great, but the room itself was a horror: a very small room with 2 double beds. It was poorly ventilated, with the strong smell of socks in the air. The personal space was so small, one could not even sit up in the bed, or even extend hand up without hitting a person on the top bed. I arrived at 11:30pm, and I was dead tired, praying that I would fall asleep till 6:00am. I kind of fell asleep, but woke up from sound of snoring at 3:00, packed and moved to another place.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Austria

Excellent hostel experience. Clean. Rooms are nice

• 2nd Dec 2014

The staff of Hi-Boston are awesome and the location is great too. I would like to stay there again when next time I go to Boston.

I definitely made the right choice as the hostel and its location was perfect!

Excellent hostel! The breakfast (and free cookies at the front desk) were wonderful. Very clean and very safe - I'd highly recommend this place and would definitely stay here again.

The place was perfect. Clean, had power points, lots of bathrooms, warm, hot power showers and a comfortable bed. Gold standard.

This is an excellent hostel! Keep it up!!

Overall, I had a great stay! The hostel is massive -- there are lots of comfortable common areas, a lot of space to cook, and the rooms and bathrooms are also really spacious. The beds were comfortable, and there was lots of space to put your stuff (I really liked the little nook that had the shelf and reading light). There were lots of activities arranged by the hostel, both social and touristy. Wifi was great. I personally didn't require it, but I really appreciate the physical accessibility.

• 27th Nov 2014

GREat Hostel!!! I don't have any complaint!!! Many thanks!!

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Argentina

Once again. Really good hostel. More like a hotel. Just tricky to meet people if u travelling on your own. But i enjoyed my stay. Would stay again. And the thanks giving meal was ace.

The HI boston was an awesome hostel with great facilities and in a convenient location with heaps of stuff in walking distance

This is just an international hostel following my imaginations about international hostels! So clean, no smell, so good design of interiors! Two pillows in bed, your own Tresor box big enough for travel luggage, enough plugs, enough towels. Perfect connection with subway-three minutes to green, three minutes to orange line, fifteen minutes close to the airport. I have travelled a lot this year and if I would compare all of hostel I have visited, I would strongly recommended just this one.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

HI felt like a hostel on an industrial scale. The staff are very helpful and they dedicate time and approach guests to give advice on places to visit while in Boston.

The extra paying for HI - its not right