HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

An excellent hostel, looks after everything one might need. Well worth the price. Clean, efficient, and at a great location.

Right in Chinatown, within walking distance of the Silver Line, a couple blocks from the Common, it's a great location. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, there wasn't a lot of noise at night. My mom stayed, too, and she said it was the nicest hostel we've stayed in. I agree.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in

The most amazing hostel I've ever been to.

• 4th Sep 2014

Great hostel in Boston! 100% recommend! Free great breakfast in the morning which is a win. Aaron the hostel rep helps you with any queries about the city and points you in the right direction for things to do. Lovely guy! Wifi and facilities are excellent. Only criticism is that in your room you have a locker to store your luggage. It remains unlocked unless you have your own padlock with you. So bring one. Otherwise was everything I needed for an incredible stay in Boston! Loved every minute!!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel was great! Very new hostel, and had a new feel. I stayed in a dorm room, beds were really comfy, there was heaps of room for everyone's luggage and there were lockers for each person. The hostel was close to South Station so it was easy to get to and it was also walking distance to Boston Common and the 'T'. All the staff were really nice and there were activities on every day if you wanted to join. Definitely recommended to stay here!!!

Very nice, clean and secure hostel, located very close to South Boston station. They served a very good and big breakfast. The only thing that I found quite disappointing is that you have to pay 3$ to leave the luggage there the check-out day.

Coolest Place to Stay . Must visit to all backpackers .

• 29th Aug 2014
  • India

Staf were extremelyhelpful fo tips, lots of events were put on and the breakfast was just amazing

The common spaces in this hostel were great - very modern, clean, good atmosphere. The rooms were also very clean, and were modern, standard hostel rooms. I stayed in two rooms - one was very noisy from the rooftop AC unit outside the window, and it was stuffy; the second room was noisy from the neighboring room (thin walls or through the air duct) and extremely cold from the in-room AC unit that was blasting cold air - literally, there was a strong breeze in the upper bunks. Not pleasant.

• 27th Aug 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Regardless of the noisy group of friends in my room, this hostel is HUGE, everything works, everything's clean, free breakfast is great, coffee 24/7, great social areas and great activities to get involved with every day/night. This is a lesson on how to run a hostel. The price is barely anything to complain about considering the central position. Close to EVERYTHING in the city. Would stay again with no hesitation

I definitely would stay there again. It's one of the best hostels I've ever been! :)

• 26th Aug 2014

I liked clean bathroom and shower. The room was kinda small but good enough to stay. It was very clean and nice to place to stay. I liked variety of food for breakfast!

This is truly a fantastic hostel! Certainly one of the best I have ever stayed in. The hostel is very modern and is laid out very well with the common areas on the 2nd floor and all of the rooms upstairs. The breakfast is good and the cooking facilities are perfect. They even wash up for you! The beds are extremely comfortable with 3 power outlets for each bed. The showers

Thought that this was the best hostel that I have ever stayed in however I thought that the house keeping staff were rude and made me feel very awkward when I was going to the toilet and they would stand outside and wait for me to be done!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Extremely clean, modern facilities, and conveniently located within walking distance to bus and Amtrak stations. Breakfast is fresh, healthy and the dining space allows for meeting other travelers. There are also lots of common areas for reading/checking email/conversing outside of the sleeping room. Optional activities are planned for each evening and during afternoons as well. Staff are extremely welcoming and check in/check out is quick and efficient.

• 22nd Aug 2014

This hostel is fantastic it can't be denied; there's a great atmosphere, the staff are friendly and host day and night trips which really help if you're staying on your own. The place is clean and there are plenty of toilets and showers even for such a large hostel. The only issue is the wifi. The hostel has four wifi channels and you are lucky if you can stay connected to one for more than 5 minutes. This could have been just for my stay but it did let the hostel down. Otherwise great stay!

Great location, compact yet comfortable rooms, secure lockers, single-use bathrooms with showers: overall it was a very nice place. The breakfast was a little light, but it's not like you're staying in a hostel for the fantastic selection of food. Also it took the shower about 3 minutes for the warm water to finally kick in, but that wasn't a real problem either. So, apart from a few very small observations, an overall pleasant experience.

• 21st Aug 2014

I was a little hesitant about booking this hostel as I thought it was a little pricy, however you really do get what you pay for. The staff ar very friendly and welcoming, the rooms and bathrooms are very clean. The location of the hostel is so great and I felt very safe walking home at night by myself. The atmosphere of the hostel was very chilled out and relaxed and I felt very welcome at all times. I will definitely stay with HI Hostels again. In the future.

• 21st Aug 2014

Wonderful to sleep in a great, clean hostel with free breakfast and dinner!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7