HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

It is by far, the most expensive hostel I have ever been. That said, the location and facilities are great and make your stay 1000 times easier in town. I'd go back again

The hostel is perfect is clean all over, the facilities are an A++++ except for those male bathroom that smell like male urine even after they've been cleaned up. For the huge price tag, for food: the hostel should bring back boiled eggs OR instead a container of scrambled eggs…. and some sausages…. basic foods like apples, bananas, berries….. Later on party times I suggest children who want & deserve something dignified

This is my first time living in a hostel and I have to say I was impressed. The hostel is very clean and convenient. staff are super nice. The location is close to many attractions too. Stayed 3 nights there and enjoyed it!

Hostel does not have a bar and you are not allowed to bring alcohol from the outside, therefore no wine dinner parties at night :( Also, locker aren't free.

Staff was very friendly, location was perfect, everything was very clean and I found folks of all ages stayed there.

• 8th May 2015

This place was great ! It's right in the middle of tons of bars, restaurants, clubs but not too loud! Perfect distance from major attractions. The breakfast was phonomenal. I was only there for one night and wanted to stay longer! Great hostel!

I always stay here when I come to Boston for business. I enjoy the clean facilities including the quilt on the bed. Close to restaurants and everything including subway from airport.

Great place right on the centre and 10 mins walk from tge South Station. New, clean, nice & helpful staff, breakfast included and big rooms and hotel bathrooms. Totally recommended.

All Thing is good , But The Air Conditioner in the room a bit hot to sleep at night.

Great staff - very helpful. Very clean hostel and great there are lockers in room and really liked the personal cubby hole and light provided. Well thought through.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

HI hostels and especially this one have an identity crisis. This place isn't really a hostel. It's large, impersonal, expensive, with an impersonal staff and atmosphere. It's not really a hotel, either, because you share dorms with others, but there are arbitrary conveniences that go into the large price for the reservations, like not having to wash your own dishes. However, there are things this "hostel" charges for that even hotels offer for free, such as luggage storage and a non-member fee.

Excellent hostel offering all you need and even more. Rooms are clean, spacious and well furnished. Almost a bathroom per room, which is very appreciable. Common spaces are pleasant as well, with a nice industrial decoration. The staff is irreproachable. The only downside was the insulation: as hostel is located in the very centre, nights can be noisy with car traffic, up to give the impression that you sleep with opened window when it's not the case. A good pair of earplugs is recommended!

This was my second stay at the Boston Hostel. I have always felt welcome and comfortable. The staff at the front desk is helpful, kind and informative. I also appreciate the added special emanates like the electrical docking station next to the bed.

• 27th Apr 2015

Your efficiency and calm orderliness induced the same in me. I slept through the night for the first time in years. Awoke early and happily. I am a peaceful hostel enthusiast now. When and if I travel again I will seek out hostels, if commercial quarters are needed, and hope what I find is up to your standards.

• 27th Apr 2015

I had a spectacular stay at HI-Boston. I was able to check in when I arrived - about 1:30pm - and as I was flying out first thing the next morning and was afraid I'd oversleep, I stayed in the common room by the front desk for a couple of hours before I caught a taxi back to the airport (and the girl at the front desk called a cab for me). Everyone, staff and other guests, were very friendly, I was able to grab a soda at 2am - I would definitely stay there again!

• 24th Apr 2015

good and well-thought out hostel. kitchen and common space are great, and the breakfast is decent, although it could use some protein (eggs?) -- too carb heavy! i arrived very late and settled the only vacant bunk in my room which appeared to already have been slept in. i addressed it the next morning and the person i spoke with was pretty indifferent. although she apologized for it, she made no other concessions, which sucks, considering this is definitely on the pricier end of hostels.

Overall I enjoyed my stay. The facilities were nice, it was nice having a big locker and my own cubby with an outlet by my bed, everything was clean, never had to wait to use a bathroom. Everything was just so impersonal. It was almost too big of a facility to have that personal and homey touch. The staff I interacted with were ok, but didn't seem overly motivated to provide help or recommendations. I did overhear one staff member being very helpful to a couple, though.

• 22nd Apr 2015

The rooms are a little dark but the rest was perfect! I enjoyed the stay at the HI-Hostel a lot. The facilities are excellent, breakfast was amazing, you feel very comfortable, the offer of activities is varied and huge, the staff is very friendly and helpful and it was rarely dirty somewhere. I would definitely stay at the HI - Boston again.

Comparable to staying at a credible hotel. I could not believe how clean, spacious, and well-kept everything was. I would definitely stay here, again.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Clean and comfortable. The bathroom were big and spacious and they have bath mats for a single use. It is located very near the metro and many tourists attraction. The staff was very friendly and they let me checkin at 11 am when I got in the hostel. the breakfast was really good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6