HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

Todo estuvo bien, pero al momento de hacer el check in la señora me cobro de más, así que hay que tener cuidado en eso, pero en general estuvo bien y cómodo.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Everything was perfect! I really enjoyed my stay there.

Great hostel!! I stayed for two nights and I felt very comfortable the building itself it's all very clean and modern, the atmosphere is awesome as well thanks to the kind personnel. I was traveling alone but made some good friends on the tour they offered! If I come back to Boston I'll stay there again

• 21st Jun 2015

Thank you for you kind words! Our Staff enjoy hearing from our many happy guests. I'm so glad you were able to meet new friends and enjoy one of our tours. Come back to Boston soon. Cheers!

I had a great stay at HI-Boston... it's in an excellent location, it's very clean and the atmosphere/amenities are quite nice.

• 21st Jun 2015

Cheers! Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We'll be here waiting for you the next time your in town :-)

great hostel. can only recommend it. breakfast too.

Fantastic Hostel... I think this was the best hostel that I have ever been.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

The best backpacker's Hostel I have been, but the most expensive too.

Thank you - happy to hear your stay with us was enjoyable. HI-Boston is constantly evaluating our facilities, activities, tours and overall atmosphere in order to provide the best value for our guests. We know you have other choices for accommodations in Boston - and we thank you for choosing us! Cheers!

I was highly disappointed with a member of your reception staff. I found her quite rude and unwelcoming. She's greeting international guests to the city. She was the first person I spoke to when I had arrived in Boston after a long flight and her lack of friendliness gave me an instant unhappiness to the city. I don't often complain about petty things but she was often who dealt with my queries if I presented myself at reception and every time it was not a great experience. Sorry :-(

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us – I do apologize for the disappointing interactions with one of our staff members. HI-Boston strives in its efforts to provide a welcoming atmosphere – and we often receive positive comments about our staff. This is an area we can always improve upon – thanks again for your feedback. I hope you can visit with us again in the future. Cheers!

The design perfectly rejuvenated the old brick building into a vibrant hostel!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • China

Thank you! and Thank You! Can you believe this building was a factory in the late 1880's? The area we are located in (now often referred to as Chinatown) was once part of the 'leather district' back in the mid to late 1800's... The building itself is called the Dill Building (check the internets!) and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. Hope you will stay with us again soon.

the location is good, while the unsatifactory things are on staff side, firstly when I checked in asking for whether a lower bed is available, the lady said nothing available and gave me an upper bed, actuallly there is the available lower bed in the room, I later have to ask for change since my knees are not good. Secondly, they are not quite familiar with the transportation info, actually when you buy charlie card, you can save money, I asked same who said differently. Breakfirst too simple

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Your comments are valuable to our constant efforts to do a better job. Thank you for choosing to stay with us - and I do hope you will give us another try in the future. The lower bunk in your room may have been on reserve for another who had requested prior to their arrival? - Sorry for the hassle this caused you however. And sometimes is is cheaper to buy a charlie card..... sometimes it is not... tricky, tricky...

Excellent hostel. Good lockers, clean, great common areas and kitchen. Well located. This hostel has it all.

Thank you for your kind comments. Its our pleasure to provide our guests excellent accommodations.... glad to hear you had a wicked awesome stay!

A little expensive but it was the only hostel in Boston. And it was fantastic! Definitely one of the better hostels we have been to. Right in China town with a great free breakfast and the common room and dorms are clean and spacious. Would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Boston

Wicked Awesome! Thank you for your comments..... come back soon.

Loved this place! Such a nice hostel, beds were great, lockers were huge definitely a nice change from your average hostel :)

I liked the hostel a lot. The amenities were very nice. However, I had a bad experience with other guests not observing quiet hours and guests arriving in my room in the middle of the night who were not considerate of the fact that they were sharing a room with several other people who were already sleeping. I also used the lockers on the first floor and when I came back, my locker had been opened by someone else. Anyone with three dollars can open any locker if there might be valuables in it

• 14th Jun 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear your stay with us was good - but concerned about your open locker on the first floor... these lockers have electronic locks and once shut, can not be accessed without the appropriate code. We have not heard of any malfunctions before regarding these lockers - please email us back if you can and let us know which locker you were using - we will check this right away. Thank you for staying with us - hope to see you again soon Cheers!

Great staff. One receptionist in particular, she was new but did a great job. Also very pretty ;)

• 13th Jun 2015

Thank you - and all of us working at HI-Boston are are very pretty indeed...

Location is within walking distance of most things (Bus station at South Station) or a subway is close by to take to Harvard, MIT, Fenway Park etc. Internet is a bit temperamental in the kitchen area. Beds very comfortable, I like reading light and personal plug space. My only issues (not the hostel's fault): my bunkmate below was a bit rude and inconsiderate not to mention had terrible BO you could sniff when trying to sleep. & the price, for a hostel it's expensive but overall nice.

Cheers! Your feedback is noted and appreciated. We have upgraded our WiFi accessibility recently and are constantly evaluating it .... never ending process - but totally worth the time... Please stay with us again soon - we will try and match you up to a more polite, better smelling dorm mate :-)

Probably one of the nicest hostels I've ever visited. Its location in Chinatown is very close to South Station, but also close to multiple attractions and T stops. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean, and the free breakfast was quite good. My one gripe is that it's not exactly inexpensive to stay there. In addition, free luggage storage is only available upon check-in. Upon check-out, one must pay to use a locker in order to store bags. I found that to be a bit of a cash-grab to be honest.

Thank you for your feedback - and we are satisfied to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable... wicked awesome maybe even? ;-) Your comment about the rental lockers for departing guests is noted - sorry for the unexpected $3 fee... but these lockers are managed by a 3rd party vendor... We realize you have other accommodation choices and appreciate that you chose to stay with us! Please visit Boston as soon as humanly possible - we are waiting for you!

Travelled solo and stayed for 6 nights. The dorm rooms were a good size with an individual locker which was really helpful. Breakfast had a good variety and plenty of food. Although one morning I got there at 9.30 and it finished at 10 and they were already packing up. I really loved they had a wide range of tours to go on, many of which were just a volunteer taking to a 3rd party tour. But was really helpful! Staff at the desk were usually pretty helpful and friendly.

Thanks for that - we look forward to hearing back from our satisfied guests. Your comments help keep us on our toes... and sorry to hear you missed out on breakfast one morning - bummer.... I hope you were able to at least get some toast or juice? Please come back to Boston soon! Thank you for choosing to stay at HI-Boston.

You couldn't ask for a nicer hostel. It was like staying in a three star hotel. The location was great. I would definitely recommend.

Thank you! Please come back soon - your comments are very much appreciated. Cheers!

Loved our stay