HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

Good hostel, but really boost at night because the airconditioning never stops. So you really need earplugs if you wanna sleep. You also have to pay for using a computer.

Next time again! All very perfect and welcome from the whole team ! Thanks ! Elisabeth&Karl-Heinz/ Germany

• 25th Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Everything you'd expect from a HI hostel. Incredible kitchen, great facilities in general. Everything is very new and well designed. Sometimes had to search for a free bathroom, but not a huge problem. Free cookies in the lobby and decent communal areas. I liked the quotes on the walls. Bedrooms well designed with plugs and lights for each bed. Lacked the kind of atmosphere I like, but that's a personal preference. I like a more lively crowd.

Decent hostel, lots of activities on offer and good location. Not great value for money and average atmosphere around the hostel. It had very good facilities but extremely large hostel so not the best for meeting people

very good and modern hostel

Quite pricey in the Hostel categorie, but well worth the money

Great stay. VERY clean. Staff was welcoming!

You can't get a clear information until you made a reservation and receive a confirmation letter: " add $3 per night for each person arriving without an HI membership card". Breakfast is very good.

• China

Despite the kind assistance of the personnel and the young and cosy atmosphere, I would argue that for 640 dollars for four nights in a double private room, I would have expected the towels and the room a bit cleaner. Underneath my bed plenty of dust and abandoned objects were found, plus I regretted not having my personal towels for the presence of unidentified marks and hairs...

• 22nd Sep 2013

I only stayed two days. I will def stay again here when in Boston. my biggest disappointment was not gettting any kind of check in info: I didn't even realize thre was a v nice breakfast and breakfast area on 2nd floor until a roommate told me! also, there seemed to be no towels available although website indicated towels provided: again, maybe I was supposed to know where to go to get a towel, but got no check in info. v v nice lobby. v nice bed sheets and blanket!! I'll stay here again!

• 22nd Sep 2013

Great stay, good activities laid on and a well equipped and modern Hostel.

Great hostel with everything you could need.

Really nice hostel, everything was great! Saftey is awesome, have lockers for a suitcase after checkout, rooms were clean, so were the bathrooms. Can only recommend it!!! I'd love to stay there again!

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Austria

very good hostel though of everything such as plugs in lockers. kitchen very good well equipped and hostel kept very clean. great location and lots of information for things to do in Boston

I was really pleased with my stay. Though it was a bit difficult coming and going to the room without waking everybody up, it was a good deal overall. It's not often hostels have a decent sized bathroom for 1 w/shower right outside of the room (that seemed to never be occupied!). They also have big lockers in the room, so even my suitcase fit. It was also the first time I went on a hostel bar crawl, which was great fun, so I recommend that. Also, everything seemed to be within walking distance.

Arriving quite late at night we found a friendly welcome and advice on where to find a meal. Our private twin room with bath was clean and bright. One pleasant surprise was to find a double bed at ground level with a single upper bunk. That would be worth advertising for couples with one child. In the attractive dining room we had a choice of boiled eggs, cereals, juice, bread etc. One morning we had an excellent conversation with a doctor from Nairobi and a nurse from Arizona.

• Couple, 41+

Can't say enough good things about this exceptional hostel! New facility shows great attention to detail and planning to make for a wonderful hostel experience. Thanks to those who made it all happen!

• 17th Sep 2013

Great hostel, it's unfortunate they can't have a bar. Bowling was fun... and free! Like all HI's I have been to, the common room isn't conducive for meeting people. The place is brand new and beautiful! Wish we had more of these in the US.

Excellent breakfast! Great position, nice hostel and helpful staff :)

This was by far the best hostel I stayed in throughout 2 weeks of travel in USA and Canada. Was really neat and tidy, clean, rooms and beds were amazing. It felt like sheer luxury for me! Had a relaxed vibe, more of a hotel feel than a hostel which I definitely preferred. Bathrooms and showers were also very good and well equipped. Staff super nice and breakfast good too. No complaints!