HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

Obvisously this hostel does deserve its high ranking. It´s super clean, modern, right in the downtown. My only complain is on thin walls - I could´ve heard literally everything from the other rooms. But anyway - it´s good choice to be there.

Such an amazing time! (St Patrick's weekend) - I met so many people from all over which was greatly aided my the different activities

possibly the best hostel ive ever stayed in. met some wonderful people during my time in boston and this was largely due to the hostel staff and the activities. pub crawls, walking tours etc where all brilliant. i cant say enough good things about this place.

another level in hostels around the world, immaculate, full breakfast. Modern and well thought out, close to the bus, the subway, in the heart of Chinatown and within walking distance of everything.

I had a great time, especially the breakfast was fantastic.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

The best hostel I've ever stayed in! And I've seen a lot of really bad ones and really good ones. The breakfast was great. Bagels, porrige, eggs... a lot to eat. They even had free food at night time. I wish I could of stayed longer!

I didn't stay long, but it seemed clean and very safe. They had an Oscar watching party projected on a wall, which I thought was great. I didn't get to experience the breakfast, but when I am traveling in Boston again, I will most definitely stay at this hostel again! Good downtown location, next to a lot of nightlife!

The AC in my dorm did not work well. But the others were just perfect.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • China

This is a great place to stay. It is quite large and has everything you could need. But be warned the WIFI does not work and has been broken for a while. This makes it really difficult and the shared computers have to be paid for. The place is very clean and there are tour and events planned for each day. If the WIFI worked it would be great!

Wifi didn't work, so you had to pay to use their computers. Other than that, so amazing!

People there are friendly and welcome. There are many activities to attend.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • China

The best hostel i ever stayed. Nothing bad to say.

• 18th Feb 2014

everything was perfect except Wifi.

• 18th Feb 2014

everything was excellent except for the wifi connection. I couldn't even open my email account anywhere in the hostel. Plus the staff were a bit impatient and seem to me, even a bit unfriendly. The kitchen and breakfast and restroom were excellent though.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • China

This is a good, clean, spacious, well facilitated and well located hostel. However, I wasn't especially fond of it due to its size. I think this is the third largest hostel in America and has something like 450 beds. The manager mentioned to me that it is more like a hotel, which is fine, however due to the size and the fact that people are not 'forced' to be congregated means that people space themselves apart, so socializing wasn't as straightforward. I was only there for one nite tho...

everything was great! If I got a chance to go to Boston I would stay here again

Gooooooooooood :)

This is the best hostel I've been to in North America, great rooms, great facilities and great staff. The tours with Paige are also top notch. No point staying anywhere else in Boston!

Originally I found it a bit too expensive, but in the end it was worth it. Great breakfast and very good facilities. Incredible atmosphere as well. Thank you HI Boston!

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Spain

I have stayed 2 times in the hostel and both times everything has been perfect.