HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

I was really pleased with my stay. Though it was a bit difficult coming and going to the room without waking everybody up, it was a good deal overall. It's not often hostels have a decent sized bathroom for 1 w/shower right outside of the room (that seemed to never be occupied!). They also have big lockers in the room, so even my suitcase fit. It was also the first time I went on a hostel bar crawl, which was great fun, so I recommend that. Also, everything seemed to be within walking distance.

Arriving quite late at night we found a friendly welcome and advice on where to find a meal. Our private twin room with bath was clean and bright. One pleasant surprise was to find a double bed at ground level with a single upper bunk. That would be worth advertising for couples with one child. In the attractive dining room we had a choice of boiled eggs, cereals, juice, bread etc. One morning we had an excellent conversation with a doctor from Nairobi and a nurse from Arizona.

• Couple, 41+

Can't say enough good things about this exceptional hostel! New facility shows great attention to detail and planning to make for a wonderful hostel experience. Thanks to those who made it all happen!

• 17th Sep 2013

Great hostel, it's unfortunate they can't have a bar. Bowling was fun... and free! Like all HI's I have been to, the common room isn't conducive for meeting people. The place is brand new and beautiful! Wish we had more of these in the US.

Excellent breakfast! Great position, nice hostel and helpful staff :)

This was by far the best hostel I stayed in throughout 2 weeks of travel in USA and Canada. Was really neat and tidy, clean, rooms and beds were amazing. It felt like sheer luxury for me! Had a relaxed vibe, more of a hotel feel than a hostel which I definitely preferred. Bathrooms and showers were also very good and well equipped. Staff super nice and breakfast good too. No complaints!

• 17th Sep 2013

have a bar in the hostel

Great hostel, great location. Everything is really clean, the rooms are new and really nice. I would go there again!

The best hostel i've ever been

HI are the best, I choose them whenever I need a hostel

• 10th Sep 2013

Hi-Boston was the best I have ever visited.

Staff were friendly, welcoming, and accomodating. Room was clean, hallways quiet after at reasonable hours, and bathrooms were spotless and fresh-smelling. Location was fantastic. I highly recommend this hostel.

Amazing! Best hostel & best people in my 3 month traveling . Boston you will be missed until next year!

• 9th Sep 2013

A bit pricey, but one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at.

Was like a hotel very clean. But no alcohol allowed. People weren't very social. And I had like 92 monks when I was there :s. staff are super cool and great. If your not looking to party to much ad a good sleep. That's the place

Only stayed there one night, but beds and bathroom were clean, staff were nice, and there's free breakfast! WiFi is a bit dodgy because of all the people staying there though...

This might be the most expensive hostel where I've stayed. It might also be the best -- everything was wonderful... except their wifi connection which is very weak throughout the building and logged me off continuously -- my phone and computer as well as other users' equipment. Nobody seemed to take the problem seriously. I will forgive that.

Omg!! I think this is not the hostel but just the luxury five stars hotel!! Perfect location with all things you need around, easy to walk to access everywhere. Super clean , more than enough bathrooms and restrooms, breakfast is great plus the stuffs here are super friendly and professional especially Aaron, he is super nice and fun! This place is more than enought than you expecting. I would highly recommend!!

Everything was good. The lockers are overpriced and a scam to make more money, but effective.

2 people in a private room - over $400 for two nights and we couldnt get a bit of sleep! the concrete surroundings echo badly and pipes etc send extremely loud noises and constant sounds into our room- all night long! the hallways are amazingly loud. there need s to be soft furnishings to make the hostel more comfy and quiet. the concrete floors in our room were filthy, too. i was sad to see a green hostel selling plastic water bottles in the reception. :( i cant come back.

• 6th Sep 2013