HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

2023 Total Reviews

Great hostel. Well set out and fantastic facilities. My only negative comment is that because it's an alcohol free hostel the atmosphere is not good as other establishments

Amazing hostel. One of the best I've stayed at. They have really thought of everything you could want/need. Definitely stay here!

Everthing is great!Good internet, good facilities, clean bath room and nice atmosphere. Really like this place with 5 min to common and IMAX. Just a bit expensive~

• 19th Dec 2014
  • China

Close to the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The facilities are second to none. Iv stayed in more hostels around the world than I can count and this is in the top 2. Worth the money! Im 6'7 " and I fit in the beds ok which is a plus for tall people. Seriously. Stay here.

it was so far the best hostel I stayed in. The atmosphere is just amazing, the breakfast ist good and everything is very clean. The hostel is also very close to the shopping district and to many good restaurants and pubs.

It was cold inside, and the bed was not comfortable to sleep I think here is just good for a short period's staying

• 16th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Everything was new and clean. It was the best hostel.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Best U.S. hostel I've stayed in. Great facilities, great staff, fun decor, and it's only a short walk to Chinatown and Boston highlights.

Great location, good prices, friendly staffs, cozy common rooms, and nice dining room.

I quite liked the HI Boston. Environment nicely, very competent staff with the cleanliness and comfort of guests. I recommend the HI Boston and sure in a next opportunity, will stay again in this hostel.

This is a very new and modern hostel. Still very clean and everything works well. Plenty of bathrooms. If you timed breakfast right there was a staff member there to help you with your travel plans for the day if required and the hostel is really centrally located that you can walk pretty much everywhere (didn't try to Harvard/MIT because too wet). Very enjoyable stay with activities daily if you wish to participate.

It was one of the best hostels I've ever been, so clean and the interior design was great.

A good hostel but prepare to be fleeced. The list price was $38 but it came to over 60 by the time they were through adding all the extra charges, memberships, locker fees. Lucky no one thought about charge extra for the mattress... Yet

The common facilities are great, but the room itself was a horror: a very small room with 2 double beds. It was poorly ventilated, with the strong smell of socks in the air. The personal space was so small, one could not even sit up in the bed, or even extend hand up without hitting a person on the top bed. I arrived at 11:30pm, and I was dead tired, praying that I would fall asleep till 6:00am. I kind of fell asleep, but woke up from sound of snoring at 3:00, packed and moved to another place.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Austria

Excellent hostel experience. Clean. Rooms are nice

• 2nd Dec 2014

The staff of Hi-Boston are awesome and the location is great too. I would like to stay there again when next time I go to Boston.

I definitely made the right choice as the hostel and its location was perfect!

Excellent hostel! The breakfast (and free cookies at the front desk) were wonderful. Very clean and very safe - I'd highly recommend this place and would definitely stay here again.

The place was perfect. Clean, had power points, lots of bathrooms, warm, hot power showers and a comfortable bed. Gold standard.

This is an excellent hostel! Keep it up!!