HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

Really nice hostel, very clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful but seemed a little impatient as they were so busy, I wasn't told about storing food or where the kitchen even was. Massive communal space so it became a bit more difficult to meet people as everyone was so spread out, but overall a very good place to stay with lots of planned activities. Perhaps a bit overpriced, as it's still a hostel after all.

The hostel was outstanding, the staff were all friendly and keen to help, it's located in a nice area of boston which helps give the area a great atmosphere. Thoroughly recommend this place to anyone staying in Boston.

More than $70 for a 4 bed dorm without its own bath is very expensive. Otherwise this hostel is a good place to stay, not far from South Station and in the edge of downtown Boston.

Rooms were very accommodating for a backpacker (large size lockers and plugs right near your headboard of your bed). You do have to bring your own lock though. It's also $3 to get a locker for your luggage after you've checked out. There is free breakfast but it's all simple, do it yourself type things (cereal, oatmeal, toast). Great location though and overall a good hostel.

• 7th Aug 2015

The hostel is in the heart of the city. The room I stayed in was almost perfect. They placed the bed in a way that it is almost private for everyone. The breakfast is decent. They have a big and cozy lobby as well as a big and functional kitchen. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

This hostel is the best I have used. I will stay there again when I go to Boston. Thank you fo everything.

Everything was ok, the staff very nice, except for Joanne, proper but not too friendly, Making me feel not too welco med Today

Great location, but there could have been more planning for events. It never seemed very clear if the bar crawls or tour were going to happen.

everybody working super nice the guest really good, no big deals many organized activities to choose from

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Uruguay

I got yelled at in the breakfast room for putting my coffee mug in the bin marked "mugs only" and told by the cafeteria worker not to follow the signs because they "are crazy" so that put a damper on my experience.

• 28th Jul 2015

The best hostel on our trip! Was very safe and secure and the location was second to none. Wifi was incredible and the layout of the rooms was amazing. Wonderful staff and i cannot recommend it enough!

Fantastic hostel. Probably the best I've stayed in.

It was great! Only thing is suggest is figuring out why the keys stop working. Could be a problem if someone came back late at night.

• 27th Jul 2015

Nice hostel, but the place is huuuuge so despite the fact that they do a good job at running a massive hostel, I just can't say that I like it. The breakfast has a good supply and range, but it is so busy because of the number of guests that it is quite manic and un-relaxing. If going to Boston I would recommend sacrificing some of the facilities in exchange for a smaller hostel feeling. But if you don't mind more of a hotel/institutional feeling then this is a fine option. Good location too.

Great experience overall; there's not much in the way of competition for this hostel which is unfortunate but they offer a great experience and are in a perfect location. Having to pay to store luggage the day I was leaving was lame but that's a minor gripe. The rooms are big and it didn't feel like there were six people even though there were. One of the best hostels I've stayed at.

Best hostel I have stayed in. Dorm layout is great for privacy. Location is not as great as expected and the lockers are a little difficult to use. Apart from that the facilities and staff are amazing.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Again, the restrooms are filthy, reeking of urine smell please clean better. Also, last time I stayed at hostel my comforter smelled of someone else's body odor. The prices are too high. Other than that, it is an excellent hostel.

We had one of the second floor rooms and the music starting at 6:30am in the kitchen was extremely loud in our room. This woke up our entire room every morning and was very inconsiderate.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Aaron was very helpful with day planning and the walking tour of south end and bay village was pretty cool. This is an awesome hostel.

• 21st Jul 2015

Would definitely stay again, only concerns were the wifi cutting in and out sometimes, and the evacuation (although it was heaps of fun, bit of a laugh) was not broadcasted over the speakers in any other languages and the Spanish couple in our room got really panicked and were unsure what was going on, definitely needs to be reassessed. Great location, close to subway, staff somewhat slow but friendly!