HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

Breakfast was the only slightly disappointing aspect. Everything else was brilliant

amazing free breakfast!!

A nice hostel with a good breakfast. However it's very expensive for a hostel. For the price I was paying I don't expect the wifi to drop out every few minutes or only be limited to certain areas. We went on the hostels Harvard your which was good and there was also a movie night whilst were there.

Excellent facilities, staff and location. Very friendly, very safe and lots of activities offered. As larger hostel you do lose some of the atmosphere of the smaller places but this can hardly be helped. Had a very enjoyable stay, thank you.

• 15th Jul 2015

Cheers! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in Boston. Come back soon.

Great basic hostel, not a super social environment, felt kind of like a factory. The kitchen is chaos in the mornings. They do a good job providing a place to sleep and clean up, but it wasn't anything special at all. I prefer smaller, more intimate and quirky hostels. This was pretty expensive, but as is the going rate in Boston apparently. Staff were nothing special, one of them didn't know where the Freedom Trail started and I think that would be a basic piece of knowledge for tourists.

Very cool hostel. Enjoyed our stay. the air con going out one night was the only dampener.

Great place to stay. Location is excellent and the staff are all very helpful. The beds are very comfortable and clean.

Thank you for your kind comments. Its our pleasure to provide our guests excellent accommodations.... glad to hear you had a wicked awesome stay!

It would be nice to have locking room storage via key card instead of having to use a locklock of your own. My towel hahad a stastain on it.

A key-card locker system sounds like a great idea! Thank you. We are always trying to come up with new and improved ways of doing things. Sorry top hear about the towel - I hope you brought it to our attention right away so that we could give you a new one.... fresh linens and towels are available at any time. Cheers

I stayed in Hi-Boston, Hi-Wahingon, Hi-Miami, Hi-LosAngeles. The most wonderful Hi-Hostel is Boston, I think. Clean and calm. Everything was okay.

Great place. Great way to visit a country. Aal guests and staff very corteous, considerate and respectful. Many activities for the guests.

• 13th Jul 2015

Cheers! We were happy to have you - please come back soon.

Great Modern Hostel.Loved the free Brekkie idea :) Great location,The T station,5 min walk away. Easy access to Boston Common,bars and resturants in the heart of China town

Thank you for staying with us - please come again soon! Cheers

Hostel is in a good area, walking distance to most things / subway. About 10-15 minute walk to South Station. The facilities were fantastic, including vending machines, kitchen, dining area, pool table, etc. The room I stayed in was a 6 bed room, luckily I had the closest bed to the window so there was still a breeze, but the rooms do not have air conditioning so it could get quite warm, especially if you're away from the window.

Your comments are much appreciated - thank you. We do have a new central heating / cooling system in our Hostel - though we are sorry to hear you were not completely comfortable in your dorm room... we can always do a better job. Thank you for staying with us.

Great hostel but hotel prices

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. We have very high expectations for our facilities and services - and we are always trying to improve. Thank you for your business and hope you can stay with us again soon.

Very clean and modern hostel with excellent facilities. During my stay I went to a red sox game and later found out that others in hostel went to the same game. If could keep track of people attending the game (blackboard 2nd floor or at desk) and arrange to meet in foyer then it would be a better to see the game and meet people.

Awesome idea. Thank you. And glad to hear you got to go to a Red Sox game.

Expensive!!! Also, the doors slam really loudly.

Thank you for leaving your comment - sorry to hear that you experienced some noise during your stay.. we are always trying to improve... We know you have other accommodation options and value your business.

Nicest Hostel I've stayed at.

Thank you... Thank you!

Friendly atmosphere secure clean facility. It's just great.

• 6th Jul 2015

Your kind words are much appreciated. We want to get even better - come back soon.

I would definitely stay here again! It has a perfect location and is a very comfortable place to spend evenings. Thank you!

• 4th Jul 2015

We are looking forward to your next stay already ! Cheers!

The best Hostel where I've stayed.

Thank you very much! Your the best Hosteller we've ever had :-)

I loved this place. Very close to transit and close enough to walk to many places. Really modern fun vibe. Clean and quiet at night. Stayed in a six bed female dorm. Breakfast was good and I loved the common areas. Comfortable bed with individual lockers and lights. Pay locker to leave your things after check out. I can't say enough good things about this place. The only caution I would have is the street is pretty deserted after 10 PM on a week night for walking alone.

• 30th Jun 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your comments are appreciated and remind us to keep doing what we are doing right! Stuart Street (which becomes Kneeland past Washington) doesn't have too much activity during the weekday evenings that's for sure.... but as you now know - HI Boston is right smack in the middle of Chinatown where it is so easy to access FOUR (!) subway lines - all within a block away..