HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

Friendly atmosphere secure clean facility. It's just great.

• 6th Jul 2015

Your kind words are much appreciated. We want to get even better - come back soon.

I would definitely stay here again! It has a perfect location and is a very comfortable place to spend evenings. Thank you!

• 4th Jul 2015

We are looking forward to your next stay already ! Cheers!

The best Hostel where I've stayed.

Thank you very much! Your the best Hosteller we've ever had :-)

I loved this place. Very close to transit and close enough to walk to many places. Really modern fun vibe. Clean and quiet at night. Stayed in a six bed female dorm. Breakfast was good and I loved the common areas. Comfortable bed with individual lockers and lights. Pay locker to leave your things after check out. I can't say enough good things about this place. The only caution I would have is the street is pretty deserted after 10 PM on a week night for walking alone.

• 30th Jun 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your comments are appreciated and remind us to keep doing what we are doing right! Stuart Street (which becomes Kneeland past Washington) doesn't have too much activity during the weekday evenings that's for sure.... but as you now know - HI Boston is right smack in the middle of Chinatown where it is so easy to access FOUR (!) subway lines - all within a block away..

I have stayed at d hostel twice in d past 2 weeks and both times the room at night were hot like a sauna. A number of U.S. Had to change rooms.. Secondly, not every console have lights..

Thank you for your comment. I am sorry to hear there was an issue with the temperature in your dorm room - the brief period between Spring and Summer in Boston does sometimes cause a hiccup for our HVAC system....but we hear you and we will try and do better. I am glad that we were able to switch your dorm room for you. Cheers!

Wow! This is an amazing hostel.

Wow! Thank you :-)

The HI Boston hostel has many good things. It's big, comfortable, very clean. Beds are good, there are many bathrooms! So you never have to wait to take a shower.. Kitchen is very big.. Looks like a comercial kitchen. Not very inviting to cook in it but it's possible if you want to. The thing I didn't like about the hostel is that its very boring. There are no activities at the hostel in the evenings, so if you travel solo, its very hard to meet people.

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry we didn't meet all your expectations - we are always working on doing a better job. We do try and offer several activities outside the Hostel every week: Harvard walking tour, local pub crawl, Harpoon brewery tour, etc... and we are working on offering even more activities moving forward. I hope you can give us a another try in the future. Cheers!

Todo estuvo bien, pero al momento de hacer el check in la señora me cobro de más, así que hay que tener cuidado en eso, pero en general estuvo bien y cómodo.

Gracias por sus amables comentarios. Espero que vuelva pronto - ¡Salud!

Everything was perfect! I really enjoyed my stay there.

Cheer! Thank you for your comment.

it is really nice to live here!!

Great hostel!! I stayed for two nights and I felt very comfortable the building itself it's all very clean and modern, the atmosphere is awesome as well thanks to the kind personnel. I was traveling alone but made some good friends on the tour they offered! If I come back to Boston I'll stay there again

• 21st Jun 2015

Thank you for you kind words! Our Staff enjoy hearing from our many happy guests. I'm so glad you were able to meet new friends and enjoy one of our tours. Come back to Boston soon. Cheers!

I had a great stay at HI-Boston... it's in an excellent location, it's very clean and the atmosphere/amenities are quite nice.

• 21st Jun 2015

Cheers! Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We'll be here waiting for you the next time your in town :-)

great hostel. can only recommend it. breakfast too.

Fantastic Hostel... I think this was the best hostel that I have ever been.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

The best backpacker's Hostel I have been, but the most expensive too.

Thank you - happy to hear your stay with us was enjoyable. HI-Boston is constantly evaluating our facilities, activities, tours and overall atmosphere in order to provide the best value for our guests. We know you have other choices for accommodations in Boston - and we thank you for choosing us! Cheers!

I was highly disappointed with a member of your reception staff. I found her quite rude and unwelcoming. She's greeting international guests to the city. She was the first person I spoke to when I had arrived in Boston after a long flight and her lack of friendliness gave me an instant unhappiness to the city. I don't often complain about petty things but she was often who dealt with my queries if I presented myself at reception and every time it was not a great experience. Sorry :-(

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us – I do apologize for the disappointing interactions with one of our staff members. HI-Boston strives in its efforts to provide a welcoming atmosphere – and we often receive positive comments about our staff. This is an area we can always improve upon – thanks again for your feedback. I hope you can visit with us again in the future. Cheers!

The design perfectly rejuvenated the old brick building into a vibrant hostel!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • China

Thank you! and Thank You! Can you believe this building was a factory in the late 1880's? The area we are located in (now often referred to as Chinatown) was once part of the 'leather district' back in the mid to late 1800's... The building itself is called the Dill Building (check the internets!) and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. Hope you will stay with us again soon.

the location is good, while the unsatifactory things are on staff side, firstly when I checked in asking for whether a lower bed is available, the lady said nothing available and gave me an upper bed, actuallly there is the available lower bed in the room, I later have to ask for change since my knees are not good. Secondly, they are not quite familiar with the transportation info, actually when you buy charlie card, you can save money, I asked same who said differently. Breakfirst too simple

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Your comments are valuable to our constant efforts to do a better job. Thank you for choosing to stay with us - and I do hope you will give us another try in the future. The lower bunk in your room may have been on reserve for another who had requested prior to their arrival? - Sorry for the hassle this caused you however. And sometimes is is cheaper to buy a charlie card..... sometimes it is not... tricky, tricky...

Excellent hostel. Good lockers, clean, great common areas and kitchen. Well located. This hostel has it all.

Thank you for your kind comments. Its our pleasure to provide our guests excellent accommodations.... glad to hear you had a wicked awesome stay!

Great place! Would love to stay again.