HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

2062 Total Reviews

more like a hotel than a hostel! great facilities, modern, clean and most of all super breakfast! only con the charge for the lockers on departure day before leaving it but everything else overshadows this!

Excellent location, very attentiv staff. Marc Retired vacation.

Good hostel but very expensive.

What a fabulous hostel! Clean, friendly and relaxed atmosphere, good facilities. The free breakfast is excellent and really adds value for money. We had a private room that was clean, spacious and comfortable. If we could change one thing, it would just be that the bed was ridiculously squeaky! Every time my partner turned over in the night, all the metal springs creaked to the extent that I would wake up and vice versa. We would happily stay here again despite the noisy bed!

people looked up from their computers

It was a good clean place to stay. I would recommend it.

Well, I don't really get the good recommendations on this hostel. The breakfast was terrible. All the dishes were dirty and the variety of food was poor. When we wanted to store our luggage we had to pay extra. It's definetely not worth the money. I'm disappointed.

• 25th Oct 2014

Awesome location! This hostel is within walking distance of almost everything. Friendly staff and nice rooms. Lots of bathrooms as well, never had to wait for a bathroom which was really nice. Overall great place and would stay again for sure.

HI Boston is a good hostel. It is not only reasonable price but good in overall. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Room is clean and location is very convenience.

The hostel was in a great area - right next to the park, shopping streets, and china town. There were a lot of cafes and restaurants nearby. The staff were very polite and welcoming. Rooms had large lockers big enough for my suitcase, thick duvets, a cubby hole with light and sockets. There is a fantastic kitchen with plenty of room to sit, games area, tv area, and computers. It was the best hostel I stayed at while in the US and would definitely go back there.

If you are planning to stay in Boston and have a small budget, this is a very good option. It is secure, clean and well equipped to meet the needs of young travelers. It is also very close to the main bus and train station and lots of restaurants and theaters. The staff are friendly and helpful, and there are tours and activities they organize for guests. There is also a very nice help-yourself breakfast to get you going in the morning.

This place is brand new so everything works and there's nothing to complain about. Each bathroom has a shower and toilet and they are conveniently located right outside the dorm, if the ones near your room are being used, just cross the hall. The beds and lockers are designed really well and there's a good amount of space in the room. Breakfast is really good and free cookies at reception are awesome!!

I love the activities in the hostel (like the screening of Psycho that I attended), the attached café with comfortable seats and the convenient bathroom combos.

I booked for $42.00 nightly on the compute but with all the hidden fees it comes out to almost $60.00.When I asked the person at the front desk they said there's no $42.00 booking. It was late and I was tired so I just said OK. They also changed us as now extra $3.00 per person for not being members of Hostelworld

The best hostel i'd been.

The stuff were super nice, very helpful and informative. The atmosphere was very cool, very Boston like. The bathrooms could have been cleaner, but as a whole, the hostel was clean enough. The breakfast was simple but plentiful. The location was great. Overall, that was a very pleasant experience.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Bulgaria

Good location but it is a bit pricy. Props go to the pub crawl and the pub crawl leader. Please make it so that alcohol is allowed in the premises. I know that this is a possibility but given HI Hostels restrictions it is not. However, Hi Hostel has a lot of leverage given it is ranked so well so it should be worth exploring.

I would love to see more food for breakfast

Undoubtedly, one of the best hostels I've stayed where. Cleanliness, safety, service, good location, price quality, and a full breakfast. Towels provided with replacement available. Modern and clean bathrooms. The building is modern and spacious. Would return without hesitation.

Really nice establishment and the staff were accomodating as my flight caused me to check in at 230am. Staff at the front desk did not suggest a lot of things to do but other than that I was very happy with my stay.