HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

Enjoyed the hostel, rooms were a bit warm at night. I liked the private bathrooms. Some water fountains in the room would go a long way but I realize that's not really standard. Only real thing I didn't like was the price, WAY too expensive for a hostel.

• 21st May 2015

Fantastic location made it very easy to get around Boston! Close to multiple T stations/lines and to attractions. Loved the modern feel of the hostel, friendly staff, and spacious general rooms.

• 21st May 2015

an excellent place to be! Very secure. The only thing I highlight is related to the the beds that were noisy.

• 20th May 2015

Great place, great facilities, close to china town, pretty close to the main greyhound station, only thing I would say is that it is more for yonger people, I'm 31 coming 32, and I felt like an old man being there. Apart from that its a good spot, bed super comfortable too.

The only complaint is that I was not able to get better bookings earlier bcuz it was too full

We loved our staying!

It is by far, the most expensive hostel I have ever been. That said, the location and facilities are great and make your stay 1000 times easier in town. I'd go back again

The hostel is perfect is clean all over, the facilities are an A++++ except for those male bathroom that smell like male urine even after they've been cleaned up. For the huge price tag, for food: the hostel should bring back boiled eggs OR instead a container of scrambled eggs…. and some sausages…. basic foods like apples, bananas, berries….. Later on party times I suggest children who want & deserve something dignified

The 4 bed male dorm I stayed in was kept to a high standard, with large open space to spread out bags and items, firm and wide bunk mattresses, plenty of electricity outlets. The bathrooms are all individual bathrooms with showers and toilet combined and most of them are in good to very clean conditions round the clock. Highly recommend this hostel to others.

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a weekend trip to Boston. We weren't impress with the staff, very unfriendly and unhelpful. It was a nice hostel in appearance and secure. It was difficult to get to know anyone at all, not many people in the hostel were very social and there were a lot of super young church groups. It wasn't our best experience. Good luck

HI Boston is super clean and the facilities are awesome, however for a hostel it is quite pricy - but I do understand that Boston is a more expensive city in general. Also there are a lot of younger students and families staying here which is fine, but it does make for a different sort of atmosphere than what many backpackers may be used to in Europe or Asia (also no alcohol is allowed on the premises).

It was awesome. There are a lot of events . If you like meet new people and make foreign friends, It will be chance! I really recommend the HI Hostel if you are looking for staying.

• 12th May 2015
  • South Korea

This is my first time living in a hostel and I have to say I was impressed. The hostel is very clean and convenient. staff are super nice. The location is close to many attractions too. Stayed 3 nights there and enjoyed it!

Hostel does not have a bar and you are not allowed to bring alcohol from the outside, therefore no wine dinner parties at night :( Also, locker aren't free.

Staff was very friendly, location was perfect, everything was very clean and I found folks of all ages stayed there.

• 8th May 2015

This place was great ! It's right in the middle of tons of bars, restaurants, clubs but not too loud! Perfect distance from major attractions. The breakfast was phonomenal. I was only there for one night and wanted to stay longer! Great hostel!

Location is ideal, hostel is clean. All sweet here!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in - staff were so helpful and there were activities everyday, which is perfect when you're travelling alone. Rooms were well thought out - lots of plug sockets, bed light and a little cubby for all your stuff that only you could reach while in bed. Enough bathrooms on each floor to get in the shower without waiting even in the morning and lots of choice for breakfast.

I always stay here when I come to Boston for business. I enjoy the clean facilities including the quilt on the bed. Close to restaurants and everything including subway from airport.

Great place right on the centre and 10 mins walk from tge South Station. New, clean, nice & helpful staff, breakfast included and big rooms and hotel bathrooms. Totally recommended.