HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

Travelled solo and stayed for 6 nights. The dorm rooms were a good size with an individual locker which was really helpful. Breakfast had a good variety and plenty of food. Although one morning I got there at 9.30 and it finished at 10 and they were already packing up. I really loved they had a wide range of tours to go on, many of which were just a volunteer taking to a 3rd party tour. But was really helpful! Staff at the desk were usually pretty helpful and friendly.

Thanks for that - we look forward to hearing back from our satisfied guests. Your comments help keep us on our toes... and sorry to hear you missed out on breakfast one morning - bummer.... I hope you were able to at least get some toast or juice? Please come back to Boston soon! Thank you for choosing to stay at HI-Boston.

You couldn't ask for a nicer hostel. It was like staying in a three star hotel. The location was great. I would definitely recommend.

Thank you! Please come back soon - your comments are very much appreciated. Cheers!

Loved our stay

• 8th Jun 2015

Great location, walking distance (10 minutes) from train South station and Bus terminal. Also just a block away from several Subway lines, easy to access anywhere around Boston!! Staff are great, very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is good, I like they have yoghurt! Easy to meet solo travelers from around the world! Clean rooms and bathrooms, cleaning staff are always there to make it! Thank you.

Your comments are appreciated - glad to hear you had a wicked awesome stay with us! Cheers!

I used to stay at the hostel when it was at its previous location on Hemenway, & it was closer to where I would spend my time in the Backbay, but that building was quite rundown and the new location and building are quite lovely. I love to visit Boston, and thought I knew the city like the back of my hand, but on the walking tour on Monday afternoon I learned a lot more about Beacon Hill, & the South end from our extremely nice male tour guide. I also was happy 2 see the hostel had vegan items.

• 6th Jun 2015

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. When I give tours of our new Hostel - I compare the old location as a Hut and this new location on Stuart Street as a Spaceship! Very very different experience indeed. Thank you for your continued visits with us; and I'm glad to hear that you learned something new about Boston.... though I think finding new things in Boston is a never ending experience!

A very nice stay in a hostel, much nicer than what I was expecting. The one downside is that whoever designed the locker storage set up in the ground floor was an idiot! Unless you are stretch Armstrong, it is not possible to hold the spring-loaded door closed with one hand and reach the kiosk machine that locks it with the other..

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback - greatly appreciated. Your rental locker experience does sound like a weird carnival act... I assure you that it is not typical... maybe there was something wrong with the locker? At any rate - so Sorry! Please stay with us again soon - we'll help with the locker if needed!

I had a great stay!!!! Best HI I've stayed in especially atmosphere wise....lovely staff, good breakfast, great facilities, lots of room, social events. Only downside was one of my roommates was grumpy in bed early and up after 6 haha!!

Cheers! - and thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear your stay with us was wicked awesome (despite the grumpy dorm mate!)

Ihave stayed in well over 30 hostels around the world and this one is definitely up in my top places. It is one of the cleanest and nicest hostels I have been to. Even when you have a dorm room it feels like a private room because of how the beds are set up. Food was typical for hostels in the morning, but they had ample space to store leftovers and cook them later. Large lockers to store everything (remember to bring a lock). Towels and bedding provided. Wonderful location too!

• 4th Jun 2015

Thank you for your lovely comments. We appreciate hearing back from our happy guests. Please come back for a visit again soon. Cheers

This is really luxury & 4* hostel it's my favorite in the USA!

This was my second time staying at HI Boston. I love the hostel! However, there were some very loud hostellers that woke my father and I up several times. Please note that the loud hostellers were in different dorms. This was my farther's fist time saying here. He is wary of returning due to the noise. We could not determine which dorms all of the loud noise were coming from. They were near (beside/above/below) room 324,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback - this helps us with our efforts to ensure a quality experience at HI-Boston. I'm sorry to hear about the noise during your latest stay - please come again soon and let us know of any issues during your stay. We do have staff available around the clock - and we want to make sure you get a good night's sleep!

I was very happy with our stay .It was my first experience @ a hostel. It has a great vibe,great staff who were very helpful and a very nice group of people who stayed there.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Cheers! So happy to hear about your wicked awesome stay with us - please come back again soon.

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Great location, very spacious, clean, lots of activities offered, and very adequate breakfast (free), to get your day started. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Cheers! Boston awaits your return visit...

5 star hostel! Very modern and large, and is conveniently two minutes walk away from China town station. The beds in the shared rooms are in single file, giving more privacy. The only complaint is that the reception is under-staffed, and might have to wait a while for check in and check out.

5 Star Hostel - indeed! Thank you. Thank you. We do appreciate your feedback. Your commented regarding check in has been noted... and we'll keep an eye on this for sure.. Cheers!

Suprisingly clean and organised. Enjoyed every minute of it.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

You are very welcome - and we are very grateful for your comments. Cheers! Please come back soon..

The staff was very friendly and informative, the rooms were well kept and breakfast was great, but the black mold in my shower room was pretty off-putting :/ Other than that, I have no complaints!

Thank you for your feedback. . We are constantly getting compliments regarding housekeeping - but we can always do better... your comments have been noted - thank you Please visit us again soon.

Best Hostel in Boston

Excellent hostel, clean and trendy. The free breakfast is a big plus!

• 1st Jun 2015

Cheers! Glad to hear your stay was wicked awesome! We know you have options for your accommodation needs. Thank you for choosing HI-Boston. Please come and visit with us again soon!

wish there was a foosball table in the common area, it's big hostel but not a lot of socialization going on between those who stay there (more activities, or newbie welcoming party, or game night..)

• 31st May 2015
  • Vietnam

Everything is very good except the laundry service is confusing.

• 30th May 2015
  • China

Overall this was a very nice hostel for what I needed. I stayed in a 4-bed female dorm for 2 nights. Pros: Walking distance to major sites; subway station close by; much cheaper than hotel; breakfast included; clean bathrooms and no wait for bathroom; comfortable bed; big lockers; own light and charging station per bed Cons: doors open/close are noisy, room was stuffy