HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

Excellent hostel, clean and trendy. The free breakfast is a big plus!

• 1st Jun 2015

Cheers! Glad to hear your stay was wicked awesome! We know you have options for your accommodation needs. Thank you for choosing HI-Boston. Please come and visit with us again soon!

wish there was a foosball table in the common area, it's big hostel but not a lot of socialization going on between those who stay there (more activities, or newbie welcoming party, or game night..)

• 31st May 2015
  • Vietnam

Everything is very good except the laundry service is confusing.

• 30th May 2015
  • China

Overall this was a very nice hostel for what I needed. I stayed in a 4-bed female dorm for 2 nights. Pros: Walking distance to major sites; subway station close by; much cheaper than hotel; breakfast included; clean bathrooms and no wait for bathroom; comfortable bed; big lockers; own light and charging station per bed Cons: doors open/close are noisy, room was stuffy

Food located hostel and very clean. The hostel is large (hotelsize) so you can't find the atmosphere you can get in other hostels. Also the placing of my bed was a bit unfortunate. Due to pipes hanging over I litterly had to crawl inside the bed and wasn't able to sit up straight.

Great place with people of all ages, a perfect mix of young and old all together. All was very good included breakfast, wi-fi, cleanliness, safety, entertainment area, rooms and toilets. The only weak point was the price. Boston is a very expensive city but the cost for one place in a 6-beds room should be lower in order to well accommodate people from all over the world.

I feel HI hostels receive inflated review scores only because atmosphere and staff are what I believe to be MOST important when it comes to a hostel (not a hotel), but are scaled down to other attributes that they do well. Run of the mill HI hostel.

Great place to stay. Very clean and friendly and a great kitchen.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. So clean, so many bathrooms and great facilities. There was a staff member going around at breakfast answering any questions we had about Boston and giving ideas, this was so helpful! I would definitely recommend.

Boston was a hard city to find decently priced accommodations, but my first HI experience was great. The hostel was close to a few T stops and was in Chinatown, so it was easy to get out and about. The only comments I had were about hostel upkeep...the hand soap dispensers (on the 6th floor at least) kept falling off their wall mounts, no warm water coming out of the showers for most of my stay, room temp was too warm, & clean towels weren't always available even w/mentioning it to the staff

• 24th May 2015

It is the best youth hostel I've ever lived in United States!

• 23rd May 2015

I had a very good stay. The front desk was very helpful with directions and suggestions. The bathrooms were clean and we were provided with bathtowels whenever we asked. I will say that having to make our own bedding was a little difficult. I struggled with properly getting the heavy blanket into the slip. That's pretty much my only complaint though. A+ staff, A + location, A + cleanliness. Good choice for anyone going to Boston alone.

Super location, really modern facilities, breakfast was included and pretty decent!!! But I had the feeling our bathroom did not get cleaned over the weekend once, maybe that was because of memorial day...but by tuesday there was no toilet paper anymore and already by sunday no clean bath mats...

it was a pleasant stay.very close to Chinatown ,surrounded by many resturants and not far away from Boston Common. Facilities are quite new ,which I like most is they have many restrooms and you will never have a problem that you may meet in other hostels when you stay in a dorm. Kitchen is big and with modern western cookers.It is so interesting that many people cook together for different food at the same place . Must stay here.

Enjoyed the hostel, rooms were a bit warm at night. I liked the private bathrooms. Some water fountains in the room would go a long way but I realize that's not really standard. Only real thing I didn't like was the price, WAY too expensive for a hostel.

• 21st May 2015

Fantastic location made it very easy to get around Boston! Close to multiple T stations/lines and to attractions. Loved the modern feel of the hostel, friendly staff, and spacious general rooms.

• 21st May 2015

an excellent place to be! Very secure. The only thing I highlight is related to the the beds that were noisy.

• 20th May 2015

Great place, great facilities, close to china town, pretty close to the main greyhound station, only thing I would say is that it is more for yonger people, I'm 31 coming 32, and I felt like an old man being there. Apart from that its a good spot, bed super comfortable too.

The only complaint is that I was not able to get better bookings earlier bcuz it was too full

We loved our staying!