HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

Wifi is not working....... Except that, everything is great!!

Great service and well worth the money. Facility is very modern.

• 15th Jun 2014

Lovely modern clean and central hostel. The staff were also friendly and helpful.

Well situated 10min walk from South Station and 30min walk from North Station, HI Boston is a great place to stay! The staff was friendly, the room and bed were clean. Bathrooms were also clean and there was hot water throughout the 4-day stay. You can get a free map of the city from the reception and any advice if needed. WiFi was also included, although it tends to be a bit poor on the 4th floor where I was. Overall a great place to stay, would recommend!

Really friendly staff, nice atmosphere and some of the best designed dorms I've ever stayed in (6 beds, but not too loud, all beds have a plug and light, huge lockers). Really good location, highly recommend.

I had a great time in this hostel..meeting new friends and i was welcome with open arms

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

It's great. The location is good, near freedom trail and downtown. Subway station is not far. The facility is new, the room is clean. The price is little bit high, but in Boston it's fine.

Good free breakfast, location and staff. Activities advertised by hostel did not always go ahead which was a bit annoying but there were plenty of activities planned each day. Good friendly place to meet people and excellent rooms.

Great youth hostel, amazing kitchen wuth all you need, friendly and welcoming staff, rooms are really quiet to sleep. Only bad point, to pay lockers if you need to store your luggages after your check out and no free computer.

I've been only for three days but it was great. The bedrooms are very clean, with a lot of space and there lots of restrooms with showers. Staff is helpful. They could improve breakfast, but it's ok. The hostel is in the middle of chinatown and very close to the other places of the city (it's not a big city).

Great hostel in a good location! My only disappointment was that they initially wanted me to pay a higher than quoted rate due to an ongoing dispute on whether their services were taxable. They seem to have knowingly taken a risk in advertising tax-free rates and lost. And despite benefitting from the gamble, they now expected customers to pay for the loss. I didn't have to pay it. Nonetheless, it was a hassle to deal with and many other customers were not as persuasive in arguing it.

Hostel was very clean however it was overrun with 18-19 year immature children

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. But the breakfast was just ok.

Really comfy beds

This is a very nice and well-located hostel. Staff is nice and helpful, especially those doing the tours and pub crawls. Rooms are quite big, as well as the lockers. The only problem is that the wifi connection is quite bad, no matter where you are. The rest is very good. I can definitely recommend staying here.

The bathrooms on the 4th floor smelled like stale urine and were disgusting.

Nice mix of people - we were not the only 60+ travelers. We had a room meant for three people - a double bed with a twin bed set up overhead. Really not suitable for 3 older people, but would work for a couple with a friend. We were fine with it as we were only 2 people anyway. And it was really nice to have the private bath.

Everything was good! Absolutely no complaints. One thing I want to mention is that, when booked my stay at the website, I did not know this hostel offer so many events like bar hop or brewery tour. If I knew, I have no doubt I would signed up for it. But since I already arranged my travel schedule when I arrived at the hostel, I couldn't squeeze in the events that this hotel provided. And I love that you guys put digital screen that shows event info next to the elevators!

• 27th May 2014
  • South Korea

nice hostel, close to downtown. Most expensive hostel I have ever stayed in (and I have stayed in a couple of hostels in the U.S.). It is big and therefore the vibe is average, but most people anyway spend the whole time visiting the city and only stay there for cooking and sleeping (and if you are looking for that it is a good hostel with a great kitchen).

My biggest gripe is that they have no cut off point for check-ins. We had a couple arrive at 2:30am which completely woke me up. Also, their bed assignment was ill planned- we were the first ones in the room and was given the bottom bunks...which made the 2:30am arrival of our roommates climbing and creaking above in our bunk that much more unwelcome.