HI - Boston Hostel Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

1955 Total Reviews

Th best hostel I have been, but the most expensive too!

Best hostel breakfast I've ever had in my 15 years of hostelling. Rooms were clean and maintenance knew what they were doing. Would recommend

Aaron deserves a separate comment, he has been awesome! He suggested me how to maximize the time in the city according to my needs and his guidance was excellent!

I was satisfied with nearly eveything in this hostel, except for the staff. When I arrived, I practically had to beg the employee who served me for her to give me some tips about the city of Boston. In general, I felt like they did not really care about the customers.

Wifi is not working....... Except that, everything is great!!

Great service and well worth the money. Facility is very modern.

• 15th Jun 2014

Lovely modern clean and central hostel. The staff were also friendly and helpful.

Well situated 10min walk from South Station and 30min walk from North Station, HI Boston is a great place to stay! The staff was friendly, the room and bed were clean. Bathrooms were also clean and there was hot water throughout the 4-day stay. You can get a free map of the city from the reception and any advice if needed. WiFi was also included, although it tends to be a bit poor on the 4th floor where I was. Overall a great place to stay, would recommend!

Really friendly staff, nice atmosphere and some of the best designed dorms I've ever stayed in (6 beds, but not too loud, all beds have a plug and light, huge lockers). Really good location, highly recommend.

I had a great time in this hostel..meeting new friends and i was welcome with open arms

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

It's great. The location is good, near freedom trail and downtown. Subway station is not far. The facility is new, the room is clean. The price is little bit high, but in Boston it's fine.

Good free breakfast, location and staff. Activities advertised by hostel did not always go ahead which was a bit annoying but there were plenty of activities planned each day. Good friendly place to meet people and excellent rooms.

Great youth hostel, amazing kitchen wuth all you need, friendly and welcoming staff, rooms are really quiet to sleep. Only bad point, to pay lockers if you need to store your luggages after your check out and no free computer.

I've been only for three days but it was great. The bedrooms are very clean, with a lot of space and there lots of restrooms with showers. Staff is helpful. They could improve breakfast, but it's ok. The hostel is in the middle of chinatown and very close to the other places of the city (it's not a big city).

Great hostel in a good location! My only disappointment was that they initially wanted me to pay a higher than quoted rate due to an ongoing dispute on whether their services were taxable. They seem to have knowingly taken a risk in advertising tax-free rates and lost. And despite benefitting from the gamble, they now expected customers to pay for the loss. I didn't have to pay it. Nonetheless, it was a hassle to deal with and many other customers were not as persuasive in arguing it.

Hostel was very clean however it was overrun with 18-19 year immature children

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. But the breakfast was just ok.

Really comfy beds

This is a very nice and well-located hostel. Staff is nice and helpful, especially those doing the tours and pub crawls. Rooms are quite big, as well as the lockers. The only problem is that the wifi connection is quite bad, no matter where you are. The rest is very good. I can definitely recommend staying here.

The bathrooms on the 4th floor smelled like stale urine and were disgusting.