HI Boston Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

the temperature control is a bit rough. and the narrow rooms are claustrophobic. besides that, great place and really friendly staff, staff is by far the best run hostel I've ever been to.

• 3rd Jan 2016

Thank you for the nice compliment to our staff!

Everything was awesome

• 2nd Jan 2016

Nice and funny staff, awesome breakfast, good people, interesting activities. Nice to have been there!

• 2nd Jan 2016

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

One of (if not) the best hostels I've ever stayed at! Awesome staff, great facilities, super clean (they even do your dishes!) and I love how they do so many events, was a great way to meet people.

Thanks for the nice compliments~ glad you had such a great time staying with us. We like to keep our events frequent, varied, and cheap!

We stayed in a private room and my only complaint is that the bed is kind of short. Everything else was great, the bathroom was good and the room was clean and spacious enough for two people. Didn't get to try breakfast, but you can always get coffee from the reception downstairs. Another plus was the possibility to rent a locker for $3, which proved very useful as I had to check out and my flight wasn't until 10 in the evening. It is a bit expensive, but I guess that's to be expected in Boston

Thanks for your feedback. Those lockers definitely come in handy- a few different sizes and can be used until 1AM!

It was a really good stay there, but there we're some problems with the heating in our room, it was on 79 degrees the whole time and I asked th stuff three times to change it but they never did. It was really not comfortable sleeping and all. And I also had to pay additional 40 bucks there, but didn't really got told what for.

Aaron was great and gave us so many recommendations! We went to 3 different restaurants/bars he suggested and loved them all. Not touristy, great food, and just what we were looking for!:)

• 31st Dec 2015

Perfect experience! Staff there are very friendly, we met a lot of good friend there. Will choose there again if we go back again

• 30th Dec 2015
  • China

Excellent location, friendly staffs, big public space

• 30th Dec 2015
  • China

I love this hostel! All the facilities, location and atmosphere were awesome! Just a little high price for a hostel, but I think it worth the money!

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Thailand

Great hostel, very accommodating, clean and a great setup. Location cannot be beaten for the price and the facilities including the free breakfast is an awesome touch.

• 27th Dec 2015

1. Convenient location, near to tourist spots such as Freedom trail. Next to Chinatown and easy to get food. There is also CVS nearby. 2. Convenient transportation. Chinatown station is just nearby. 3. Breakfast provided! 4. There are different activities held every day and I joined the Harvard Tour by the staff. It was really great to know more about Harvard Uni under the guidance of a tour guide! 5. The room and bathroom are clean! There are lockers and electrical socket next to every bed.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at so far. Great facilities, incredible staff and activities everyday, and awesome location. A must in Boston.

Very clean and spacious rooms and facilities. Great hostel.

Great hostel, very clean, comfortable beds. Good bathrooms and showers. Facilities- Kitchen is top notch and the free breakfast is great. Good location also.

excellent hostel I'll choose it for a second time!

Walter was awesome, very funny guy and warming to the guests

• 20th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Ambience was good, hotel room was comfy, and the breakfast was great! There's a lot of variety. Place was a short walk from Chinatown station on the Orange line too. I would definitely recommend my friends to use this hostel if they come to Boston.

This hostel as the most refined ever..! And very big. Especially, kitchen was very spacious so there were no inconvenience for cooking my own food. Many washrooms were there, so it was also convenient for shower.

When the other hostels grow up they would all like to be the HI-Boston Hostel. Modern and sleek facilities. Clean, all bathrooms kept up. Desk staff and support service staff were all helpful. Job well done.

Thank you so much for your kind words - they are much appreciated! We hope to see you again soon - Cheers!