HI Boston Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

Good hostel. lots of outings per day like free with walking tours, pub crawls etc. Location is OK but close to metro stations. Price is way above normal for hostels. The big minus for me was the pub crawl. Very badly organised and the pubs themselves were boring with no music. And no club in the end. Just find yourself back to the hostel after 11 30pm from the last boring pub. That's just not good enough.

While the staff was - by far - not the friendliest I've ever dealt with, the hostel itself was amazing! It's probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. And it was very safe too. Something about the atmosphere is antisocial though. I've never been at a hostel where travelers aren't talking to each other. Perhaps something could be done about that.

Great hostel with excellent facilities. A little $$ but you get a little extra treatment than most hostels.

Great location with everything at your doorstep. Hostel is very clean and facilities are top notch. Staff are friendly and helpful. Lots of activities planned by the hostel as well. Definitely recommend

Great value for money. Lots of comfortable common spaces. Well located. Friendly staff. Very reliable Wifi. Coffee shop and snacks for sale in the hostel. Really good breakfast included. Towels provided. Overall, a wonderful experience. Would highly recommend.

Hi Christopher, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to know that you have loved your experience at HI Boston. Cheers,

A bit sparse, but exactly what was advertised. I just needed a quick space to sleep a few hours during a 2 day event I had. This exactly fit the bill. Dan was also generous in coming down on his price a bit since I was using the space for such a short period of time.

• 12th Dec 2015

Hi Tamara, We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at HI Boston! We hope to see you again in the future.

I have been to dozens of hostels all around the world and I have never given a perfect 100% to any of them. This hostel is just perfect. No additional comments needed.

WOW!!!! Thank you Alberto. We are so excited to know that you had such an awesome experiences at HI Boston. cheers!

The facilities were really great - nice lounge/public spaces, large kitchen with lots of cooking/storage space (Is there baking equipment by the way?), individual style hall bathrooms - and were clearly designed with hostel residents' specific needs in mind. Everything was also quite clean and well maintained. Because it's a big place, though, it lacks some sense of community. People will, for example, shamelessly steal your food. (Many other people were friendly and nice.)

Hi Margaret, Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm sorry that some of your food was taken. I'm glad you enjoyed the other aspects of the hostel. Thank you!

Central park tour for free included on fridays :) Something happened with the booking of my shuttle to go to the airport, but they helped me really fast in the moment because I asked for early and still had time to arrive to the airport.

Very friendly, very clean, great kitchen, its money totally worth!

Hi Claudia, Thank you for sharing your thought! We are ecstatic that you loved our hostel. Have a safe trip home!

I have been travelling across the states over the past month. By a long way this was the best thought out hostel I visited. It is basically free to get to from the airport, the layout of the rooms is fantastic and very personal, the location is brilliantly central and surrounded by everything you could need, there is a lot of variety at breakfast and the staff are enthusiastic and friendly who clearly love their city and meeting new people.

• 4th Dec 2015

The Hostel is really nice,everything seems to be new and there is everything u need,when u are traveling!the Service is very friendly and is there for u any time...they even clean the dirty dishes for u! Breakfast is quite good, the Location is just perfect! The only thing, which was really annoying, are the doors....they are really loud and everytime someone leaves the room,or the room next to u or the bathroom,u wake up!

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Austria

Wow, wow WOW.. what a cool place. Nicest hostel I have been to.. I would recomend for sure. Thank you thank you for so much fun and nice accommodations.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Hi Celine, Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about HI Boston. We are so happy to know that we had such a positive impact on you. We hope to see you again in the future! Best, Tatiane

Great place. Clean and modern. Only gripe is that you have to pay $3 to store your luggage and it's one use. RIdiculous. I've stayed in a fair amount of hostels, and none (especially ones with facilities on par with this one) made you pay.

Hi Gianni, We really appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry you were disappointed about the luggage storage price. Unfortunately we don't have enough space in our storage room to keep the luggage for guests that are arriving to check-in and for guests that are checking out. I hope get to see you again in the future! Cheers,

Very good! I had a great stay there. The room was clean, each bed had their own lamp, bathrooms were clean. They have a good breakfast in the morning, the hostel is really well located. Definitely recommend it.

It was a really nice hostel staff were extremely friendly

• 25th Nov 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Hi Adam, We are happy to know that you enjoyed your hostel stay! Cheers!

amazing hostel in city center, very clean and modern

The staff is not so welcomed but they will solve your problem. Location is perfect, and transportation is convinient. Facilities are good and clean. Don't forget to bring your own lock. BTW, I combined two reservations to one, and they charged more than what I should pay. It's about 10 bucks and I don't want to write emails to argue. Next time if I need to add one more day, I will cancel my old reservation and make a new one.

Hi Bing, Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you feel that you were overcharged. According to our records the reason you paid more than you were previously quoted was because the only room we had available to combine both of your reservations was a smaller and more expensive room. As per your email request you wanted both of your reservations to be combined so you didn't have to move rooms during your stay. We were just trying to fulfill your request. Cheers, Tatiane

Very clean and modern. A bit industrial, which might not be appreciated by some people. Bathrooms are basically private bathrooms as you find in a normal house, which is awesome.

Hi Tim, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about HI Boston! We are so excited to know that you loved your stay! Cheers,

It's a really comfortable place with a convenient location.

• 22nd Nov 2015