HI Boston Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

The staff is not so welcomed but they will solve your problem. Location is perfect, and transportation is convinient. Facilities are good and clean. Don't forget to bring your own lock. BTW, I combined two reservations to one, and they charged more than what I should pay. It's about 10 bucks and I don't want to write emails to argue. Next time if I need to add one more day, I will cancel my old reservation and make a new one.

Hi Bing, Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you feel that you were overcharged. According to our records the reason you paid more than you were previously quoted was because the only room we had available to combine both of your reservations was a smaller and more expensive room. As per your email request you wanted both of your reservations to be combined so you didn't have to move rooms during your stay. We were just trying to fulfill your request. Cheers, Tatiane

Very clean and modern. A bit industrial, which might not be appreciated by some people. Bathrooms are basically private bathrooms as you find in a normal house, which is awesome.

Hi Tim, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about HI Boston! We are so excited to know that you loved your stay! Cheers,

It's a really comfortable place with a convenient location.

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • Taiwan

This hostel is very well located, you can go walking to south station and from there take a bus to the airport. Staff is very friendly and they try to help you in any way they can.

Yes and I want my back. Cause was denied access to a room and was my . I will take the matter to the .

• 14th Nov 2015

Very clean facilities. Atmosphere was friendly, with people playing pool or hanging out in the common areas. The bathrooms were semi-private, one person rooms.

I booked 2 beds for 1 night and paid a little bit more that 55$, that's kind of a lot, especially it was cheaper, when I booked it.

I loved this hostel!! Kept prolonging my stay :-). They organise many things like free walking tours, pub nights, free dinner. Lots of opportunities to meet other people. Loved the fireplace in the lounge as well as the pooltable area. Very convenient to get some work done as well. Friendly staff. And loved Aaron who, besides walking tours gave great personal advice as where to go / what to visit according to your interest! No rows for the restrooms and showers, plenty of them. Very clean.

Hi Danielle, We are so thrilled to know that you loved our hostel. We hope to see you again in the future. Cheers,

I was extremely impressed by the courteousness of the staff, the coziness of the hostel, the design, the grand array of breakfast food, the cleanliness, and convenient location of this hostel. As a non-member, I paid less than $40.00 for a bed. The rooms are spacious and have a private, shared bedroom. The other guests were very cosmopolitan and considerate. Despite staying only one night, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

This was my first time staying in a hostel and I absolutely loved it! Thanks

• 12th Nov 2015

Hi Ashley, We are so happy to know that your Boston experience was enhanced by your hostel experience. We would love to see you again in the future. Best, Tatiane

Great vibe, loved the hostel. Possibly more thought into the activities would be fantastic!

Hi Luke, Thank you for your feedback! I will make sure to send your comments to our engagement department. Cheers, Tatiane

Very clean and organized! Decent breakfast, had good tours/info available and the staff was very helpful.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

We had a really good experience at Hi Boston. Facilies are excellent and breakfast is sooo good. Despite of an argument we had with a guy from recepcion who we saw having a discussion with other guest too, I think he said he was from Equador but not really sure where, the general stay was very enjoyable.

Staff were friendly and helpful, Breakfast was good.

Hi Alison, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hostel, Best, Tatiane

Amazed by the quality of service! The kitchen is amazong with everything needed and even more! The lobby is super cosy. Activities are numerous and offer possibility to know the city and get along with others !!!!

Hi Helene, We are so thrilled that you loved our hostel! We hope to see you again in the future. Cheers,

What a great hostel! Very central location close to restaurants and Chinese food if you like that. Just a few minutes walk to south station and Boston common and very close to the Chinatown metro. Good value for money, hostel is very clean and provides lots of stuff. Wifi works like a charm throughout building. Kitchen staff seems a bit moody but the front desk staff are usually friendly and helpful. Breakfast (continental)is good too lots of options.

Hi Ariana, We are thrilled to know that you loved our hostel. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Cheers, Tatiane

It was dumb that they didn't tell me when I checked in that the storage lockers aren't free. For the record, it's $3 and if you don't have exact change you can't store your stuff there. The employees are pretty rude about that and everything in general. One of them didn't show up for the pub crawl they said was happening but luckily another employee took us even though it wasn't his job. Also, my sheets were covered in hair/dirt... so they definitely don't change them.

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry that you didn't have an excellent experience. Unfortunately we don't have enough space on our storage room to hold the luggage for guests that need to check-in/out, but our staff can always provide guests with change for the locker. As for our Pubcrawl volunteer, sadly he ended up at the hospital that night, so I'm glad one of our staff members was able to lead the group. I will make sure to send your comments to our HK manager. Cheers Tatiane

I don't like it. I booked for 4-female dorm. When I was there they put me in mix dorm and said they would make sure that additional guests were women. But it turned out that there was a guy coming to my room at nearly 11pm. I was so upset but I was about to sleep so that I didn't go to the reception desk.

Hi Mattana, I'm very sorry about the mistake on your reservation. Please know that this type of situations don't usually happen at our hostel. We hope you can give us another chance in the future. Cheers,

Great atmosphere and common room with fireplace. Fruit and yoghurt offered at breakfast, which is better than most American hostels, but still way below European standards. Inexplicably expensive like all hostels in large US cities.

Hi Joel, Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at HI-Boston. Unfortunately Boston is a really expensive city which can reflect our prices sometimes. During the off season our rates are much cheaper so if you are ever back in Boston I hope you give us another chance. Best,

Great stay.. Fun place.. Good period.. Very helpful.. Met a lot of people, had a good time..

• 4th Nov 2015

Hi Steve, Thanks for your feedback, we are pleased to know that we made your Boston experience much more fun. Cheers, Tatiane