HI Boston Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

There was one staff member who was absolutely superb. He ran the brewery tour and in the morning at breakfast was offering help to everyone and provided extremely useful information. He was so nice and happy and it just made our trip so much better.

Hi Molly, This wonderful staff member is called Aaron, he is definitely a superstar. I will make sure to share your comments with him. Have a wonderful trip home. Best, Tatiane

i cant recommend this hostel enough. handy to everything, informative staff and friendly.location excellent and fantastic facilities with great breakfast in morning. a lot of thought has gone into this hostel. lots going on in hostel ie free walking tours, dinners, movie nights. you would be hard pushed to find a better hostel to stay in.....excellent all round. well done and thanks for great stay.

Hi Ann, Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about our hostel. We hope to see you again in the future. Cheers, Tatiane

Hostel is a bit too big for my taste, feels more like a hotel then a hostel. So that didn`t really improve the atmosphere but on the other hand the facilities are great! All in all a pretty good stay!

- AC was way too hot the first night, and it couldn't be adjusted. The second night AC was fine. + Breakfast was okay.

The HI Boston is a well-oiled machine. Killer location, new facilities and modern decor in a historic building, spacious dining and lobby areas, and a good value to boot. The icing on the cake was the concierge (I think that's his title), Aaron, who was on hand every morning to help guests plan their day with knowledgeable advice; he led excellent free tours as well. I definitely recommend this hostel if you're visiting Boston.

Overall it is a very good hostel. Nevertheless 43 USD per night (including tax) is way too much for a 7 bed dorm. That is more than double as much compared with hostels of the same kind in cities like Paris or London. But that seems to be a general issue in Boston as all hostels are overpriced there. Apart from that I liked that the hostel tries to be energy efficient and environmentally friendly. Breakfast was very good. Perfect location. I appreciated the proper European style warm blanket..

Staff were great. This is more like a hotel than a hostel. Really great place! I would recommend as the Hostel is not only fantastic but they do daily events most of which are free! Thanks

• 25th Oct 2015

Good location and really nice hostel.

Only problem was the temperature in our dorm - super hot, but a repair guy came almost immediately after we mentioned it to staff, and temporarily fixed it until the air conditioning system could be remedied.

• 24th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

The staff member who checked me in was excellent, made everything simple, informative, and quick. Cleanliness of rooms and facilities was great, as was the social atmosphere in common areas.

• 20th Oct 2015

I found both the staff and the hostel to be overall nice.

• 20th Oct 2015

Excellent Hostel.

• 18th Oct 2015
  • Chile

I was sleeping on the bed close to window at that night. The wind kept howling for the whole night and I can feel the window is shaking also. I know it's part of the weather reason, but I recommend to have window with better quality.

• 18th Oct 2015
  • China

A very good hostel. It surpassed my expectations. This was my first time at a hostel and I can say I'm very happy! The only negative aspect would be some girls in the kitchen are a bit rude sometimes. The kitchen gets really messy and people leave stuff anywhere and not on the right place but that doesn't mean they have to be moody. Except for that, everything was perfect! Would recommend again!

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Hi Andrea, I'm happy to know that your experience was almost perfect at our awesome hostel and I'm sorry that some of our staff members were not as friendly. I will make sure to forward your feedback to our housekeeping manager. Thank you for letting us know about your experience Cheers,

I really enjoyed myself at the hostel. Loved the staff, decoration, guests, breakfast ;) I would definitely recomend it.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Hi Maria, Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy that you loved your stay at our hostel. We hope to see you again in the future. Cheers.

No hot water in very early morning, I thought hot water will supply 24 hours

• 12th Oct 2015
  • China

My stay at the Hi Boston, my first time at a hostel, was a great experience. The staff was very nice, always helping with a smile. The facilities were absolutely awesome, the people I met there was great, and I have to make an special remark about breakfast. Absolutely delicious!!! I will come back to Hi Boston if I have the chance, no doubts!!!!

• 12th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Hi Ines, Welcome to the hosteling community! That is so great that we made your hostel experience amazing. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you again in the future. Cheers!

Es ist ein sehr grosses Hostel. Teuer. Gute, grosse Schliessfächer. Sauber. Gute Gegend, nahe des Chinatown und South Station.

This hostel is excellent. Everything is very new, clean and fresh. There is great storage in the rooms and the bathrooms are brilliant and were always clean. Location is also great as we managed to walk everywhere and didn't need to rely on public transport. Definitely recommend!

Hi Rachel, Thank you for sharing your experience about HI-Boston. Like you mentioned our location is definitely unbeatable and so convenient for sightseeing. I will make sure to forward your review to our housekeeping department. Cheers, Tatiane

Great location. The staff was OK but lacked a bit of local knowledge and just asked me to google. The hostel is very quiet and very calm. No hostel to stay at if you are into partying.