HI Boston Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

This was just an overnight stay for us, but we enjoyed our stay very much. It was a great hostel with all the amenities you could ask for. The staff all were very nice and helpful. Located in a great part of town as well.

• 9th Oct 2015

Hi Robert, We are happy to know that HI-Boston and its staff had a positive effect on your Boston experience. We hope to see you again in the future. Cheers,

1 annoying glitch. At 6:50 am, wanting a bowl of cereal before checking out to catch a plane. A 50ish heavy set black woman set kitchen for 7:00. She would not give me milk for the cereal I poured in a bowl. Not till 7am she said. She was standing behind the counter doing NOTHING, facing me, no milk till 7:00 o'clock. I paid $325 for a 5 night stay, and the help treats a customer like that? Her attitude was off putting, standing defiantly. YOU WANTED to know. Oct 13 th at 6:50 AM

• 8th Oct 2015

Hi Keith, Thank you for feedback, and I'm sorry our team member wasn’t more helpful during the breakfast time. I’m glad you still enjoyed your stayed at HI-Boston and hopefully you will stay give us another chance when you are back in town. Best,

The hostel was very good. My main complaint was the pillows- they felt like a brick! I am not really that fussy. The mattress was just adequate, pillow awful. Staff was helpful, but the guys were not the cheery sort... Nice kitchen space. Breakfast was spare. I was in a female room. On my last night, two men were put in there, as there was no more space. We had a young woman from China there who was hiding under her covers. She was clearly not comfortable

• 8th Oct 2015

Dear customer, Thank you for informing us about this issues, I’m sorry we put 2 guys in your room and that our pillow conditions was not the best. I will ask our housekeeping manager to check our pillows and also talk to the staff member that checked in those two guys in your dorm. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and that you give us another shot when you come back to Boston. Cheers,

Staff should be more polite. There was a bunch of school children, age of 10-12, making a terrible noise all night. Noone could sleep from their running footsteps and screaming. Hostel staff did nothing about it. I prefer smaller hostels, this one is more like a dorm.

Hi Gordana, Thank you for your feedback. We talked to the group leader and the girls apologized for their behavior. Hopefully this didn’t fully ruined your Boston experience. Cheers,

Great hostel. Good atmosphere. More student based so it's pretty busy & resources are great. I'd stay here again...

• 5th Oct 2015

Location is great, near to Chinatown for affordable food, 10-15 mins walk to attractions. I really like the bathrooms with toilet inside, convenient and more private. They also have soap, hair dryer and towels provided. The room is nice with adequate space. I like the big lockers in the room. Breakfast is good, with fruits, lots of bread, yogurt, fruit juice. The check-in process should be faster.

Hi Mai, Thanks for your feedback! I'm sorry you had to wait a long time to be checked in, unfortunately the afternoons can be a little hectic sometimes because of the amount of guest arriving at the same time. We have just started to review our procedures and hopefully make our processes a little more efficient. Cheers,

I traveled to Boston alone and stayed for 4 nights. I always felt safe and comfortable at the hostel. The staff was very friendly and willing to help you with everything you needed. Very easy accessible and most things I needed was walking distance. Will stay here again when I go back to Boston.

Hi Lena, That is awesome that you have loved our hostel and staff! We definitely hope to see you again in the future.

Certainly one of the best youth hostels ever! Very clean, a very helpful staff, great location (you can visit most sites walking). The rooms are designed in a way that allows you to have your intimacy (I was in a six girls room). Great experience! I highly recommend it !

Hi customer, We are so glad that you had a good time at our hostel. We would love to host you again next time you are in Boston. Cheers!

Great location which takes onky five minutes to walk to Boston common park, the starting point of Freedon Trail. Near metro stations too. The onlything I would hope them improve is that there were people playing in midnight and made noises but no one attended to it.

Really good hostel with everything you need. Free breakfast, big kitchen and common areas for everyone. Rooms were good and big enough for everyone. Plenty of bathrooms for everyone on the floor. Overall good hostel and I enjoyed my stay.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in.A but expensive but totally worth it.Clean ,with a lot of things to do if you are stuck inside on a rainy day.If you are 21+ the harpoon brewery tour is a must.

Great location and good value for money due to lack of similar accomodation options in Boston. Most staff were friendly and were prompt when responding to requests but could have been more courteous.

• 28th Sep 2015

We appreciated the generous breakfasts and the great kitchen facilities which some residents used to prepare evening meals. The pool table in the recreation area was well used. Good information was available to residents to help plan their activities.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. It is in a great location to access attractions and close to south station if you are travelling by bus or train. The free breakfast was amazing and not like the piece of toast you get offered in most hostels instead they had bagels,cereals and yoghurt.

• 27th Sep 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in for cleanliness, facilities, helpful staff and good location! Really modern and spacious inside. Had a great stay!

• 27th Sep 2015

Hostel was great! Only downfall was the staff member who checked us in wasn't very friendly or welcoming.

The heating was set too high at night, making it really hard to sleep. Also one of the other hostel guests apparently needed to leave in the early hours, and so she turned on the main light in the room at 2/3 am for a significant amount of time while packing and brushing her hair. This is not the hostel's fault, but there should be clear signage to remind guests of good etiquette, including either using the night lights or ideally their phone torch

Great value. Excellent location. They have everything a budget traveller needs. I would suggest having shampoo and conditioner in the showers in addition to just basic shower gel.

• 25th Sep 2015

Nice place

This hostel was brilliant, a short walk to the bus station. And walk to nearby attractions. The room was clean and comfortable.