HI Boston Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

the best hostle I have ever lived :)

Great place to be if you are travelling alone. Impossible to get something like this price in Boston area.

• 20th Sep 2015

Staff could have been more friendly.

Good clean centrally located hostel. Like other hi hostels struggled to create a social atmosphere. Tried to charge to hold bags after check out when room is $60 per night is ridiculous.

Very clean and friendly staff. Bring a lock to save some money although it's only five dollars at the front desk.

We booked a Mixed 4 Person Dorm, but it was double booked and already had other else lived inside when we arrived.

I will recommend the HI Boston for the following reasons: - great activities, allows to meet people, - single shower/wc: excellent! - hostel comfortable and clean, - nice breakfast, - spacious lobby. The rest was generally good too, at least better than the average hostel.

You will have the best experience in Hi-Boston

I really liked the luggage storage area for $3 a day, was very helpful on my transit days in Boston

• 16th Sep 2015

I stayed in a lot of hostels and this one was the best one The staff was great Nice tours going out of the hostel

I arrived at the hostel early in the morning (8am) and although I couldn't check in (which I knew), they still held my bags for me and advised me on things to do and answered all of my questions. The staff were knowledgeable, helpful and always went above and beyond. Aaron was AMAZING! He couldn't have done enough - he is an asset to the hostel. Rooms, bathrooms, communal areas were all very clean, atmosphere was good and location is excellent. If in boston, stay here!

Had a great stay - thank you so much! Wonderful atmosphere and activities and Tristan was very helpful.

I would recommend this establishment on reservely. It's comfortable, spotless and client friendly. Also it's a good bargain, and it's in centrally located in Boston.

The best hostel I've stayed in so far, if ever again in Boston, would definitely stay there

Nothing to complain! Boston is quite an expensive city though!

This is the worst hostel I've ever stayed. In my years of experience with hostel across three continents, this place is the WORST!! I had never seen staff being so extremely arrogant, ignorant, and difficult to communicate with. They will rip you off!! All the hidden charges that were not mentioned and intentionally hidden from guests are utterly disgusting. Two black ladies who work there are extremely rude and lie to squeeze every single penny out of you. Avoid by all cost.

• 4th Sep 2015
  • China

I know this is a large hostel with a high volume of clients, especially foreign clients who dont speak great english, but service with a smile all day everyday is the standard. You may be the first/only place they come to stay in the U.S. make sure they are treated with the appropriate level of respect abd that they feel welcome. Even if they dont give that respect to you. Otherwise clean safe facility with great proximity to tons of restaurants and bars. Keep up the good work

I LOVE the HI chain of hostels. While you do lose a bit of the local flavour and intimacy that you would get with smaller property, you gain an experienced professional staff in a clean, consistent and safe environment. Always well located. For those who want the comforts and assurances of a hotel but stay in a hostel environment with close to hostel prices (they tend to be a bit more pricey than other hostels)...then this is the place for you. You get what pay for. Pay for this.

The hostel for US looked good. Unfortunately can't bring beer or other adult babe rages. It would be cool if hostel had bar on site, a good potential money making for their business and socializing for guests. Also, offering more tour options would be good. Overall, the experience was good.

Great hostel to stay in. Right in the center of the city, walking distance to everything. This hostel also features multple single-person occupancy bathrooms on all floors that all have showers. It is great to be able to shower privately and not worry about there not being enough open bathrooms for people. Definitely recommend this hostel!