HI Boston Reviews

19 Stuart St., Boston, MA, Boston, USA

While the HI Boston hostel's facility is new, with modern features and design, I was disappointed in my stay. I was assigned a room on the 2nd floor, which also houses the kitchen and rec room. There seemed to be no noise consideration as music played well past midnight, and the noise from the pool table area disrupted my sleep. I had hoped there would be more consideration of this, considering I had paid extra for a premium room.

• 24th Aug 2015

Thank you for leaving your comment - I am sorry you were not satisfied with the placement of you room... we do have several other floors with Premium QUADS and our Staff try to move folks if requested. At any rate - your comments are noted and we will try to work harder on this issue.

Organised activities were great, bike storage was handy, close to food and downtown.

Best Hostel indeed. There is a dude in the hall who knows everything about Boston and he is very friendly and willing to help. Every day there's a full board with things to do. Breakfast is included. WiFi is great, also there's a conference room for video calls. About the rooms: beds are separated by large lockers which allows you to charge your phone inside. Bathrooms are comfortable, clean and outside the shared room. I was planning to stay one night and stayed three instead... I recommend.

The hostel itself is ok: my 4 beds room was pretty packed and the bathroom was not shining, put the common areas are very nice and overall it was a pleasent stay. What really makes the value of this hostel is the amazing staff who work here! I had problems with my credit card and was really panicking, but Walter Rodriguez - one of the staff members - went out of his way to help me and calm me down: he spent over one hour after his shift was over trying to fix my problem and reassuring me!

Thank you for your review... Walter is one of Rock Stars :-) I'll be sure to point out your kind words here to him. Cheers!

excellent hostel.

• 22nd Aug 2015

The individual restroom is great and clean. The crew is engaged to do the best.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Thank you ! I hope you can stay with us again in the near future.

Very clean and nice hostel with a great location that is close to many metros and the Boston Commons. A little on the expensive side, but very nice nonetheless.

• 21st Aug 2015

Nice in terms of clean, facilities, breakfast and all most everything was nice. But they are collecting 3 dollars extra per night (means fee & additional 3 dollars per night). Moreover this information is not mentioning in their website or hostel world at the time of booking. My sincere advise is mention all the information (like 3 dollars extra per night) prior to booking but not after booking Thank you!!

• 21st Aug 2015
  • India

Friday night my room and baggage were moved without any staff informing. It wasnt until I walked into the wrong room that I was made aware of the issue.

Thank you for leaving your comments. I am sorry to hear you were not informed of your room change... this is not a usual occurrence, by any means - and I wish we had done a better job communicating with you. Please accept our apologies.

I often stayed at the hostel near Hynes Convention Center Station around 2005, but I couldn't find it on the web, which was disappointing. However, I found this hostel near the Boston Common and China Town, which is really easy to access. From there, you can go any interesting tourist destinations around downton Boston. The hostel itself is clean and quiet and it has also some meeting points for travellers inside the building, which means you can enjoy the friendly atomosphere.

Cheers! Your comments are much appreciated. Hemenway Street (near Hynes) is our old location --- we closed the old location and opened here at 19 Stuart Street June 2012... I'm happy you approve of our new digs :-)

I had a great time staying in this hostel had a great time would definitely recommend

The staff was great and very helpful to our group. They helped us plan several activities and was a great resource for other suggestions of events.

• 14th Aug 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment - we are always happy to help with directions and planning itineraries... Cheers!

I was very impressed with HI Boston. The rooms were great. The locker was wide enough to fit a normal pack and I appreciated the reading light and plug-in near the bed. The bathroom facilities were great. They were both clean and provided some privacy. I enjoyed the included breakfast as well. I would be happy to stay at HI Boston again.

Cheers to you my friend - thank you for your comments.

Top notch facilities, breakfast and group activities. Basically you get what you pay for! Keep in mind this is a very big hostel. Reception was always busy. Would stay again!

We look forward to your future stay with us - Thank you for your comments.

Clean, good location (the near subway station is closed because some works for some months, take this in mind!) very good breakfast: bread, cereals, marmalade, yogurt, milk, coffee, fruit. and it is included. Towels included, bathrooms very clean, good hot water, excursions included for free (and are very very good) There are very few things I may say I don´t like, Staff may have send me an email saying wich metro stations were closed (more than one) and wich ones have elevator :)

It was actually my first time to stay in a dorm room. One of my friends warned me not to cause she had bad experience. Turned out it was a pretty cool experience. Hi Boston's location is excellent, 3 mins walk to subway station and it's basically close to everywhere. I am Chinese so it's a plus for me that it is located right next to China Town. It was very clean and the free breakfast was pretty awesome too. I didn't join the tours arranged by the hostel but it seemed a lot of fun!!

Guides were great!

• 12th Aug 2015

Hey! You got a chance got a chance to checkout one of our tours - glad to hear you had a good time. Thank you for your comment.

Very nice hostel, good security, close to bus station + friendly staff

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us - Cheers!

An excellent place for going alone, with friends or even with your family. It provides all the facilities you could need, and even more. Totally recommended if you're visiting the city.

Please come back an visit with us again soon. Cheers!

Great hostel that organizes lots of guided tours and activities. I definitely recommend it.

Thank you for your comment - and glad to hear you enjoyed your tour.