HI Buzios Reviews

Rua Marisol, 35, Buzios, Brazil

I was only person in hostel for 3 days. Flavia was great. I didn't get any sleep the first night (6 hours of battle mosquitos). At 3 am I found the switch to the fan and that solved most of the problem. But beware, they tried to charge me 30% more than the rate I booked at through Hostelworld. I proved my point by showing the printout of the Hostelworld Receipt, then went through booking process again for next week to show them that the RATE was STILL the SAME as I booked at.

It is a very nice hostel, with very nice employees and very good services, but unfortunately, it is far away from dowtown. Instead, if you are a surfer, this is your hostel, very closed to the surfs beach.

The map in maps and directions shows the property located in a great spot. Not true, its far away from downtown and thebet beaches. It's not unclean, but it's nt really clean either, espcially bathrooms, wich don't flush correctly. We were promissed parties, but there was hardlt any people in the hostel, and some were families with little chidren. Bassicaly we felt cheated. It costs too much for what it is.

Arrived at night after traveling all day & wanted to head out for a bite to eat, but was actually scared to walk around the corner it was that sketchy. The woman at the reception had a bad attitude, & didnt speak english or spanish which was hard. Rooms were dirty and hot, and the bathrooms worse! was supposed to stay 5 nights but only stayed 1. Dont know why anyone would stay there when its the same price as hostels right on the beach and main street! DO NOT STAY HERE! GO TO NOMAD INSTEAD!

The breakfast is poor and limitid...1 bread per person is something that I never saw in any hostel... The rooms shoud have anti-mosquite in the electricity as they 'eat' everyone all day along... The party (once in a month) was nice with live music.

Great value for the money, good location (a little far from the city center but just 10 minutes walking to Geriba Beach), very close to a bus stop where you can take vans 24 hours a day to go everywhere for just R$2! Great breakfast, comfortable rooms, the staff is definitely the best part! Everyone is very friendly and helpful, helped us out with everything and took us to the hottest spots in town! MARIANA LANZIOTTI is awesome!!! :)

It was an ok hostel in a very expensive part of brazil. Location is ok, the rooms werent very clean and the first i woke up with insect bites all over me from the bed. The staff had very limited english and spanish so conversation was at times difficult. However staff were helpful and I would not be put off staying there again. about 10-15 minutes from the main street by bus.

Very friendly staff, nice rooms, short walk to Geriba beach, and easy access to public transportation. Relaxed atmosphere, very fun place to spend a few days at the beach.

• 16th Nov 2011

We stayed a couple of days at the hostel and we had a lof of fun!!! the staff was very helpful and really took care of us. The location is very close to a beautiful beach, and close to the center. Also there is a supermarket nearby. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 11th Oct 2011

excelente lo recomiendo, muy linda zona, muy buena atencion y hermoso el hostel!!! excellent!!! i recommend it, a great zone, wonderful attention y a beautiful place!!!!

The staff was very friendly. Especially Bernard Moraes was very helpful and friendly. Thanks to his help I could find my cell phone again. Since I don't speak Portugues, he gave me a hand and talkes to the people. Not only gives he color to the hostel, but also talks to the guests in the hostel to make sure yhey feel well. The activities in the hostel are ok (TV, computer, DVD). However, what disturbed me were the mosquitos.

there was a lot of mosquitos i just prent 1 nite and it was enogh to get a lot of bites

I paid for the reservation; I don´t know if there was any advise here that the hostel was CLOSED! The hostel is outside the city, very far away, and I had to arrive there just to walk back all the way to the bus station because it was closed and there was no advise, only a blackboard that I saw, when I arrived!!!

Dear Jose De la Roca, we profoundly sorry about the mistake. During september we are closed for restoration. We thought that we had closed the availability in all online reservations sites, but it seems that we left avaible here. We're really sorry for the incovenience, and we invite you to come back without expenses after october 12th. Sincerelly, Buzios Hostel Team

A super nice hostel with the best staff! We had a great time and a lot bacause of the staff! I highly recomend Hostel Buzios!

Staff excelent then all poor!!

Warning - the staff claims that hostelworld bookings don't work, then upon arrival they say they have no reservation for you and the prices are double those stated on hostelworld. Shady.

This place is miles out of town and has no atmosphere at all! Don´t stay there!!

The hostel just opened.

we traveled from rio to buzios and when we arived the hostel was closed, there was only a caretaker there. the number and email address on you booking confirmation form is incorrect and needless to say we are very pissed off espically seen as the deposit was taken from my credit card, can you please replace it.

The desciption given on the site stated that was only 1 female 4 bed drom and 1 male 4 bed dorm - howevwer when we arrived there there more room we were not aware of - ie doubles and i wonder why this inomration was not put on the site. There was also no internet facilities as advertised. The rooms had fly nets to protect against mozzies but were poorly fitted and got bitten to death, also did not clean the rooms on a regular basis. I would not recommend this hostel to anybody else.