9.2
Superb 887 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 887 Total Reviews
HI-Calgary City Centre Located at 520-7th Avenue S.E., Calgary T2G 0J6, Calgary.
Canada
Calgary AB T2G 0J6 520-7th Avenue S.E., Calgary T2G 0J6
92% 887
51.0462776 -114.0520763
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 18-24
26th Dec 2016

Facilities were outstanding. The manager was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable when I was trying to re-book my flight. And a great location to boot!

• Chile, Female, 18-24
21st Dec 2016

It looked really new and clean, nice staff. Good rooms and common areas. Awesomely located. Nice breakfast with pancakes, fruit, cereales, bread, etc.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. We have now added a few more items including bagels, eggs, yogurt and deli ham. We hope you can stay with us again in the near future! Cheers, Cassandra Moore - Assistant Manager

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
18th Dec 2016
6.6

Needs to have their heating sorted. The centrally controlled heating is inconsistent between rooms - the room I was in was roasting on the first night I stayed there, but apparently there are some rooms that are freezing. They would probably save money by having individually controlled heating. Also, I believe that if you pay for a mixed dorm, you should not automatically be put into a single-sex dorm without a price adjustment if the single-sex dorm costs less, as a matter of principle.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy to announce that we are in the process of updating our heating and cooling system throughout the building. It is a very big project but it is currently underway and will be great when it is finished. It is our policy to keep solo travelers in gender specific dorms as we keep the coed for groups and couples. There is no price difference between coed or male dorms. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you can stay with us again soon! Cheers, Cassandra Moore - Assistant Manager

10th Dec 2016

Perfect, no Party-Hostel

• SeanCav71
  • Australia, Male, 41+
12th Nov 2016

Was an awesome step off point , for me it was central to what I wanted so it was perfect. The staff new exactly where to point me for any enquiries I had. The whole world lace was spotless and all facilities clean. Couldn't ask for anything better. I highly recommend this backpackers.

Thank you very much for your great review and recommendation. I will be sure to let the staff know that you appreciated their help. We hope you can stay with us again soon. Cheers, Cassandra Moore - Assistant Manager

• Germany, Female, 18-24
2nd Nov 2016

Great location near the city hall, so a lot of things to do and see are within walking distance and public transport is only 5 minutes away. Staff was very nice.

27th Oct 2016

Best hostel I ever stayed at. Two blocks away from public transportation, 1 km away from the Saddledome (important for me since I had tickets to a Flames game), huge wooden locker to store my belongings, stable bunk beds made of wood. Landry room is equiped with superior grade equipment. Kitchen top class.

• Philippines, Female, 41+
20th Oct 2016

First time to be in a hostel, I had a great time meeting people.

17th Oct 2016

Great place. Wonderful run the hostel. Easy access to city, nicely out in the open. Kitchen is top class. Good for meeting people. Calgary has all you need good walking city, but in can be cold. Calgary also has an excellent transport system.

17th Oct 2016

Really great place and staff was great! Place was really clean which was nice! Beds are a bit bad on the back and don't stay on the first floor, you can hear almost everything from upstairs. Pretty quiet and in a good area of the city. Next to a few good eating areas, grocery/drug stores. Also close to public transit.