HI-Calgary City Centre

Superb 895 Total Reviews
Superb 895 Total Reviews

13th Feb 2017
8.0

Not much of a vibe - I little bit out of town but close enough to what you need! Did the job for one night perfectly - need more accessible power outlets for 6+ people in a room

13th Feb 2017

Although I only had an overnight stay, I really loved this hostel. It's fairly new so it looks that way, very clean and fresh! It's also right near the city hall train station which can get you basically anywhere you want to go. The staff were awesome, the lady at the front desk helped me carry my suitcases upstairs because they don't have an elevator. There was free breakfast and a really nice common room area and kitchen area. Nice value for money.

• New Zealand, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
9th Feb 2017

Clean, comfortable, amazing kitchen, great staff - super helpful, heaps of information on things to do. Washing room to do laundry only $5 all up. Excellent showers. Good wifi. Couldn't fault it.

4th Feb 2017
8.0

Only stayed for one night, but it was a good experience. Hostel was comfortable, except for the room being very cold (someone in my dorm kept leaving the windows open, so it wasn't the hostel's fault). Unfortunately missed out on the complimentary breakfast due to an early flight. All in all, it was nice and clean, and the location was great!

1st Feb 2017

The staff were so friendly and amazing. The beds were comfortable and the lockers were actually a decent size.

• Traveler855
  • Latvia, Male, 31-40
28th Jan 2017
6.0

1) A staff tried to sell one night more in agressive way. 2) Seems that staff don't like that customers something ask about city. When I asked they gave answers very fast and didnt want any comunication anymore. 3) They have reading room with a sign "You are entering the quiet zone". When I told staff that there somebody speaks very aloud, staff told me that this is backpacker hostel and I can leave their place. I did it for Wicked hostel and I dont regret it. :)

• Australia, Male, 18-24
26th Dec 2016

Facilities were outstanding. The manager was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable when I was trying to re-book my flight. And a great location to boot!

• Chile, Female, 18-24
21st Dec 2016

It looked really new and clean, nice staff. Good rooms and common areas. Awesomely located. Nice breakfast with pancakes, fruit, cereales, bread, etc.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. We have now added a few more items including bagels, eggs, yogurt and deli ham. We hope you can stay with us again in the near future! Cheers, Cassandra Moore - Assistant Manager

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
18th Dec 2016
6.6

Needs to have their heating sorted. The centrally controlled heating is inconsistent between rooms - the room I was in was roasting on the first night I stayed there, but apparently there are some rooms that are freezing. They would probably save money by having individually controlled heating. Also, I believe that if you pay for a mixed dorm, you should not automatically be put into a single-sex dorm without a price adjustment if the single-sex dorm costs less, as a matter of principle.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy to announce that we are in the process of updating our heating and cooling system throughout the building. It is a very big project but it is currently underway and will be great when it is finished. It is our policy to keep solo travelers in gender specific dorms as we keep the coed for groups and couples. There is no price difference between coed or male dorms. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you can stay with us again soon! Cheers, Cassandra Moore - Assistant Manager

10th Dec 2016