Fabulous 800 Total Reviews
Fabulous 800 Total Reviews
HI-Calgary City Centre Located at 520-7th Avenue S.E., Calgary T2G 0J6, Calgary.
Canada
Calgary AB T2G 0J6 520-7th Avenue S.E., Calgary T2G 0J6
89% 800
51.0462776 -114.0520763
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 18-24
15th Jun 2016

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Very friendly and helpful staff, they go out of your way to make hell you out, like above and beyond what would be expected of their job description. For example, I had a plane to catch early, so they put out the continental breakfast a tad early so that I was able to eat before leaving. Lovely place!

8th Jun 2016

Hi-Calgary was a great hostel. The lockers are huge!

• Hong Kong, Female, 31-40
6th Jun 2016

Great stay. I only stayed one night but I was able to borrow the free bicycle to see downtown, complimentary with helmet and bike lock. The bed was comfortable with a night light. There's a locker but you'll have to bring a lock. I only had one other roommate in the dorm for six so I didn't bother. Shower, towel and linen were very clean.

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
29th May 2016

Very modern, new and clean. Large lockers in dorm rooms and beds not too squeaky. Lots of different spaces to chill - huge kitchen/lounge/reception/games room etc - which meant that most areas were pretty quiet. Fine for us, but wouldn't work if you were after more noise and action. Great recommendations from staff (go to Simmons Building for great coffee and amazing bakery!). We only stayed one night so didn't do any of the activities but appreciated the info on airport transport etc.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
28th May 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here for the weekend. Great location with its accessibility to public transportation. The building was clean and the staff were all very friendly, willing to answer any questions I had.

• USA, Female, 41+
26th May 2016

Wonderful place to stay!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
4th May 2016

Great cheap option for a Calgary visit. Clean rooms and the bathrooms were the best that I had seen in a hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Was a bit noisey from other guests at night, some party people outside really late.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
25th Apr 2016
7.4

Overall, I would say I really enjoyed my stay at HI-Calgary. Probably the cleanest hostel I've ever been in! Very spacious kitchen and TV room. Although, I would say that if you're a solo traveller, this hostel really didn't have much nightlife atmosphere and was much more focused on chilling out and winding down at the end of the day rather than having any party atmosphere. I guess it depends what sort of stay you're looking for! Aside from that, I enjoyed HI and would recommend it 😀

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! You will be pleased to hear that we are now offering 5 events per week throughout the summer months! We hope to create more options for guests to mingle and socialize with one another. Hope you can come back and stay with us again soon! Cheers, Cassandra Moore - Assistant Manager

• Canada, Male, 41+
1st Apr 2016

This place was probably the best in the whole Alberta if not the whole country. I was at the beautiful park next to it and I went jogging every day, and since it is in the heart of Calgary I didn't even need to take my car I could simply walk a few minutes and I was surrounded with the best restaurants and bars. But that's not even just that the place it self is such a wonderful atmosphere and very service minded personal ready to help you with a smiling face weather it is day or night.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
25th Mar 2016

Best hostel I've ever stayed in hands down. Pretty good value for money too with all the facilities that they offer and how close they are to the city. Staff very helpful with knowledge of grocery stores and good pubs to go to as well. 👌

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! It's always great to hear how people enjoy our many amenities and central location. i will pass your kind regards on to the staff. Looking forward to you staying with us again soon! Thanks, Cassandra Moore - Assistant Manager