HI - Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

Great place. I was a bit weary of staying due to the bad reputation associated with hostels but I was very impressed. Will definitely be staying again soon! I also am recommending this place to my family. Already have two groups looking to book! Only recommendations would be to have more interaction activities for the people every day instead of only two a week. Also bring your earplugs; although the city noises don't bother me, other people moving in their beds becomes quite noticable.

• 25th Aug 2015

Great Hostel with great staff. Set in a great location in walking distance to everything. Plenty of activities to do and a great place to meet other like minded travellers.

I was very impressed with this hostel. The location is great, the place is very secure and very clean. I went with a friend and she had never stayed in a hostel before and I'm glad her first experience was here because she loved it too. Will definitely stay here again when I go back to Chicago.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Excellent place, conveniently located and cosy environment.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • India

Was a good stay but unfortunately no events on while I was here (eg, tours) just luck of the draw i guess. The facilities are good and the hostel is well located.

This hostel was large, centrally located and clean. It could be improved with a few changes though. First, and most importantly, the hostel staff do not do a good job at orienting guests upon arrival. They were all nice but you have to constantly seek information and many of them don't give much recommendations. It would be nice to have a 5 minute orientation upon arrival ( standard for most hostels). The key cards don't work well (I had to replace mine 4 times) and the top bunks have no plugs.

Really great hostel! Great location, super clean, and amazing free breakfast! I'd stay there again.

Location was great only a short walk to downtown and you had great views of the skyline whilst doing so. Loved that breakfast was included, and the rooms were a good size so you never felt on top anyone plus wifi could be reached everywhere! Downsides, older Asian staff member was a little bit blunt and rude when we were checking in and the train track is right besides and it can be heard at night!

Very clean, friendly, and amazing location. Highly recommended!

• 20th Aug 2015

A perfect stay. Great location. I will stay again.

Everything was good. It was more than what I expected. I cannot ask for more. I think it would be great if only each bunk has their own plug. During my stay, I was in top bunk, I had a hard time to charge my phone on the wall of lower bunk especially when the person in lower bunk is sleeping... So yeah...

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in and nicer than all the budget hotels. The location is spot on. The food for breakfast was plenty and to the kitchen facilities to make your own food was amazing. The rooms were spacious and the wifi was everywhere and really fast. A really good hang out spot to meet new people as well as they have a common room and host special event nights. The only negative thing I can say is it's very easy for outsiders to just walk upstairs and be in our areas

• 18th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Amazing experience

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Great location and easy access from the blue line train from O Hare. Friendly helpful staff.

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I love this place, it was awesome, and the best part, it is on downtown. :)))

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Best hostel ever. Clean facilities, every bed has its own plug and good breakfast.

I have stayed at many hostels on my travels overseas and here in the States. I have to say the price for the service, the cleanliness, the great customer service, and being right in the heart of Chicago was a perk onto itself. I need to check out your HI NYC when I have the ability to get out that way. I've stayed at some other HI's before in Italy and I like the fact it's quiet and you guys are great. Thank you for making my trip to Chicago a memorable one. I was impressed with the 2nd floor!

• 14th Aug 2015

Excellent place, would definitely stay here again.

Gosh! if only most of the hostels were this nice. Miami Florida i wish would greatly improve!! I surely will stay here again and again. Thanks for your staff for all the great work.

• 7th Aug 2015

Everything was wonderful except the beds and sheets are really not comfortable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6