HI - Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

Best hostel i have been so far.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Turkey

Best hostel I've stayed in in a long time.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Clean, well maintained, good selection of breakfast...

Very nice experience. Ideally there should be better facilities for locking away valuables and suitcases.

The hostel is clean, the location is great! I enjoyed my stay with the hostel. The only place I feel that improvement is needed is that there are too few restroom cubicles. You guys may want to look into that.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • China

Perfect location to explore Chicago, near a lot of attractions, restaurants and museums. Very clean and secure with lots of activities available with the hostel

Great Hostel, I will come back if I need to go to chicago

It will be better if dustbins could also be provided in shower place. And power outlet could be provided to upper bed.

Could hear chatter from next door. The bedroom doors opening and closing were loud. Otherwise a great place to stay.

• 18th Jun 2015

The hostel is wonderful, great location, safe and clean. It has standard breakfast of HI Hostels therefore satisfies. I will definitely stay there the next time you go to Chicago.

AMAZING. So helpful and considerate. I came back to pick up my luggage and was soaked from the rain. The guy at reception gave me a towel and let me upstairs to dry off. Seriously so nice. Great location. Clean. Rooms have their own bathroom!

There was a big crowd at breakfast that weekend which explain how hard it was to find glasses, mugs, and tea bags. However, our overall hostel experience was still pleasant. Great location and friendly, helpful staff.

Impeccable hostel! I don't have a single complaint! Rooms were massive! Showers were amazing! Clean and hot and powerful! Kitchen was fully equipped and really clean! The social area was really big and a great place to meet people! I was there during the Blues Festival and was lucky enough to attend the party they had! FREE FOOD AND BEER! Whilst enjoying the amazing Blues band 'two for the Blues'! Would recommend to everyone! Perfect location! Walking distance of everywhere! Best breakfast ever!

Great location and very clean, great value for money, although it's not so exciting for those who seek parties.

The best hostel I've ever stayed at! Staff was super friendly and helpful. Will definitely be staying here again!

• 4th Jun 2015

This was my 2nd stay at HI - Chicago, it is the best hostel i've ever stayed at. Flawless in my opinion. The bunks and rooms are spacious, the water is hot, and they serve a huge breakfast buffet, with lots of variety. Staff are pleasant and kind. HI - Chicago should be a model for every hostel.

DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 705-1! For reasons unknown, HI Chicago think that placing you in a room adjacent to a 24 hour running 'L' train is acceptable. It isn't. I had the worse nights sleep I've ever had in my life and paid $100 for the privilege of it! HI Chicago, please wake up to this issue; fix the rattling air conditioning system, and replace the windows with one that stop the 'L' train waking up the guests every ~30 minutes! Future guests - do not stay in that room!

• 1st Jun 2015

They cleaned up the rooms very well. I would like to have a (coffee)-bar at the public living room (2nd floor), that would be very nice :-)

• 31st May 2015
  • Switzerland

Very nice and clean. We has a private room for 2 and it was exactly what we wanted. All staff were very helpful and friendly

• 29th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

My second time staying here. Very clean, spacious, and accommodating. The staff are very welcoming and eager to help in any way and provide a great experience for guests.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4