HI - Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

Huge hostel, friendly staff and a great location. Didnt spend too much time in the hostel but they did seem to have lots of activities and common space.

What a brilliant place to stay! So close to everything I needed!

• 25th Sep 2014

Cozy place with good beds and bathrooms. However poor travel and backpack atmosphere since it looks like more a student centre hotel.

Could do with more showers/bathrooms

• 15th Sep 2014

Staff was knowledgeable about the area, including: great specific types of restaurants, where to easily grab a cab, how long different trips would take, etc. Everyone I interacted with was friendly and courteous. Personal space was well labeled in each room, i.e. 501-A had a specific bunkbed and locker, which was really nice. Rooms and elevator were clean and well secured. Breakfast was very high quality for a hostel and the coffee was good and strong.

• 14th Sep 2014

In terms of location and value for money this is the best hostel i have ever stayed in. I was so impressed by the size of the rooms and the choice at breakfast. The location was also prime and the staff knowledgable. The only thing that would stop me from staying here again is the lack of atmosphere at the hostel, coming from a party hostel where they made their way to get everyone at the hostel involved. However, I am young and don't fit the hostels target market what with it being families.

I stayed for two nights there and I enjoyed it very much. I recommend everybody to go there as the staff is really friendly, the hostel is really new and the location is excellent. no fees for luggage storage. Daniel from Germany

• 8th Sep 2014

very good hostel in perfect location

I went there to meet friends. The breakfast was good and all the facilities available in this hostel are great.

OMG most comfortable beds ever! 2 pillows, room was nice an air conditioned, very nice facility. I got in late but the desk was still very open, and no problems getting in whatsoever. Very good hostel. Only thing I'd do differently is have some plugins at each bed (I was on the top bunk and didn't have one)

The staffs are very nice and the location is great. I'm an Asian girl traveled alone in Chicago, but the location of this hostel allows me feel safe to take subway at 5 am. The free breakfast is nice and you can stay in bed and surf on the internet if you don't have activities at night.

Great hostel, very clean and it has excellent rooms.

Target and Neighborhood Wal-Mart neighborhood market nearby. Close to attractions and transit. Good kitchen facilities. Several urban university and colleges nearby. Good interpretive tours and tourist support. No alcohol on premises, which solves under 21 age liability.

This is a really great place to stay.

Very nice hostel. People of all ages stay there. Met some really nice helpful people. Enjoyed my stay.

There were renovations going on on level 2 so it was fairly dusty. We had a problem with the plumbing in our room - toilet wouldn't flush and the sink wouldn't drain. Breakfast was great, and so was the location. The price seemed a little extreme but after realising they were bedrooms of four, and eight sharing a bathroom it made sense.

No alcohol policy, it´s a quiet hostel; but clean, secure and well located

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I really enjoyed my stay in the hostel and was pleasantly surprised by the abundant breakfast, the amount of sightseeing information and discounts you offered (loved the free guided tour!) and how spacious the rooms were. Downsides were the very unreliable wifi connection and the noise from the L (which was not as bad as I initially thought). It would be even better if you offered single rooms, rather than just doubles and dorms.

I really liked to stay here. I stayed in a big room. Rooms, shower, kitchen and lobby were so clean. Everything was clean. It was closed to go somewhere and it had sociable atmosphere. It was good to stay here.

Definitely a good place to stay in Chicago, however I found the place to be a bit on the non-social side. But nonetheless, I always had a decent night's sleep and public transport was easily accessible..

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6