HI - Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

One of the best hostels ever!!!

i'll tell HI-chicago will be your best choice while traveling to Chicago. The location is perfect, close to all subway lines. Also close to art institute, millennium park, and all the stores and restaurants. The staffs are very helpful and the rooms are great!

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • baltherfang
  • Taiwan

It was better than I expected! Nice staff, excelent activities and the tour suggestions were really nice, I highly recommend this hostel.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Everything was great but I wish the common kitchen area was maintained a bit better. There were some sticky stains on the tables that weren't wiped up for the entire three days I stayed. Dishes in the sink were also not washed and put away in a timely manner. Other than that everything was awesome!

• 15th Mar 2015

I've stayed in hostels all over world and this one has to be in up there with the best. Safe, clean, great staff, all you could ask for. Not as intimate as smaller hostels but still you meet loads of people. Great stay and highly, highly recommended. I'll be going back when I'm back in Chicago!

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Wales

We loved our stay at this hostel! It is a perfect location. We really enjoyed our free breakfasts and tour of the city. Thank you for a great stay! We really appreciate having cheap options available for students!

• 13th Mar 2015

Breakfast is great and easy to pocket a peice of fruit or a Bagel for later in the day. The area the hostel is in is great because there is a range of food near by, and you are within walking distance of all the main tourist sites. The hostel runs a free (no tipping) walking tour that is great and a must join. The hostel however is really big so it is hard to meet people, they should have pub crawls. The rooms are really hard to open with your swipe card and you have to wait ages for the lift.

Kimberly provided kind, savvy service in solving my WiFi problems.

• 11th Mar 2015

This hostel is probably one of the best hostels all over the world. Location is in " The Loop" which is hearth of Chicago. You don't even need to purchase tickets to get famous places, you can simply walk to everywhere from that hostel. Only downside was the smell in the room. Other than that everything was perfect. Additionally they serve complimentary breakfast in the morning!

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Turkey

amazing place

i was really satisfied staying in here!

• 7th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

I wasn't expecting to have such a great time!! A good shower and matress after a walking day is all you need and the hostel totally provides you that. The place is very clean ad the rooms are huge, lots of space for your luggages.

• 4th Mar 2015

This is really the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Everything is perfect. I recommend it strongly, especially the male deluxe room. Great breakfast, great people, great facilities.

Great stay there!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • China

(I am short but ) a hanger of woman shower was too high to reach. I think it is better to add a lower one.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Japan

Very unpleasant staff member. Unfriendly and went out of his way to upset us and tried to aggravate us.

• 13th Feb 2015

Very good hostel, close to everything. There is enough space in your room and things are clean and new. Totally recommend.

This place was great. The room was massive (4 bed female dorm) and had it to myself most of the time I assume cause its winter and the low season. Lots of facilities and good location. Would most definitely stay again and recommend.

Amazing hostel! will come back, highly recommended!

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Costa Rica

I have traveled around quite a bit and have stayed in a lot of hostels, but this one was by far the nicest (and one of the cheapest too)!

• 12th Jan 2015