HI - Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

Nothing to say about it, I stayed 2 nights at the hostel and I slept like a baby. I felt safe and the hostel was very clean.

Very untidy and less equipped kitchen. No glass plates, no refrigerators with boxes for guests. No uniforms on staff working during breakfast time in kitchen. Room doors very noisy. When opened or closed it wakes up nearly everyone in the room. Beds are shaking. When someone moves in under level, it is felt in upper level of bed as it occurs. Bed lights not good, Washington DC HI Hostel has better ones. No charging places nearby of each bed. Very limited charging places in kitchen.

It was a clean, secure, lovely hostel in a great location. Compared to a lot of the hostels I have stayed in while travelling in Europe, I found it harder to meet fellow travelers. It felt more hotel and less hostel, but part of it may be the difference in hostel culture between the States and Europe. Nonetheless, it was a great experience.

Super friendly and helpful staff. Great location, safe part of town. Cleanest hostel I've seen.

• 2nd Nov 2014

This hostel was a delight with a perfect location! Super easy to get around Chicago and see the sites and travel to the venue I was attending a concert at! Staff was super friendly (counter woman was nice enough to let me print my boarding pass at the front desk since my airline charged for it at the airport) and the rooms were clean! My only gripe is that I was not able to choose my bunk. Had a top, would have preferred a bottom but not a deal breaker in the slightest.

• 31st Oct 2014

Only bad thing about this hostel is the room is so close to metro trains, I did not get any sleep during my 2 nights due to the constant rattling of trains passing by. Also they need to revamp their computer centre, you need to pay for internet and print out, for the kind of money they charge it should be free. On the good side, the hostel clean, full with facilities and great location.......

No electricity for 2nd floor bed.. The train is passing noisly in the early morning.. like 5 a.m....

Big hostel, so impersonal. In general I don't like this kind of hostels, but the location is just perfect and they are a secure choice. Bad for travelling alone, probably good option for groups

Everything was good and it is in a really good location

Would most definitely stay again! Walking distance to the train and no curfew! Right downtown!

Room was huge (8 bed premium dorm, 2 suites with 4 beds in each and shared bathroom), staff were very accommodating, breakfast was great and you can't beat the location in the loop and a brief walk to Michigan Ave. They also don't charge to hold your luggage once you check out so provided you have your own padlock you're good to go. Plenty of activities to keep you occupied and there's also walking tours you can do on your own. Def stay here when in Chicago!

Staff was extremely helpful in helping me circumnavigate the city.

• 25th Oct 2014

This was a good hostel but is definitely pricey compared to hostels around the world. It was in a great location though and very safe. They could use more bathrooms/showers. There is a big common area with TVs and pool tables but it's not the usual hostel atmosphere with young adults because alcohol is not allowed. All in all I would stay here again over the overpriced hotels downtown.

One of the Best Hostels I had used. Excellent

• 22nd Oct 2014

The location its amazing! This is a hostel with a hotel looks. The beds are comfy and very warm. The breakfast its ok very basic but its free so its one less thing you worry if ur in a budget. I only stayed one night so there isn't too much to say. The kitchen its so well equipped. I would recommend it to everyone.

Couldn't have really asked for anymore in way of facilities, security, etc. - breakfast was substantial and the location was amazing. Did feel a bit more like a hotel than a hostel though - wasn't too conducive to meeting new people, but apart from that I can't fault it at all.

i like the accessibility of this hostel. It is near to every interesting place, you can just walk to the tourist spots in the city like the Willis tower, Millennium park,Chicago library, Michigan shopping district etc. They serve breakfast good. Panda Express is a near Asian fast-food to the hostel

I really enjoyed my stay at HI Hostel in Chicago. The best part being the location. Everything is within walking distance and even the stations for long distance travels are close by. I stayed in a 10 bed male dorm and the room was fantastic. Clean, spacious and well organized. Good sized lockers(Usually seen smaller ones where nothing fits!). The breakfast could be a bit more diverse, it got boring really fast but nonetheless I enjoyed the free breakfast ! I would totally recommend this place.

it was the best hostel I ever seen

Great Hostel. Plenty of room, clean and tidy. Good atmosphere. Well located. If planning to be in donwtown chicago, dont miss this hostel. You´ll never regret.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6