HI - Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

My daughter and I stayed at the HI Chicago while we visited a college in the city. We could not have asked for a better place to stay. The people and the staff were all great! We'll come back again! Thanks!

• 10th Apr 2015

I have thoughts about the hostel's perfection, it's like they know what I want being a student. Everything I need as a student is there, washer, stove, shower, bed. The check in-out times are enough for me to rest from traveling. Thank you and thanks for the friendly customer service.

• 4th Apr 2015

I loved Chicago and the hostel is in a perfect location!!! The wifi worked really well and the hostel activities were really good!

Great place to be! I'd have loved bigger lockers but they are fine.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Great place to stay! Location was great and price! Vey secure/safe as well. Like a hotel but with roommates. Definitely would stay there again.

I got totally confused when the receptionist told me the deposit i paid online in advance was not part of the hotel fee. The invoice and receipt they gave me only covered the amount I paid when I arrived there at the counter. So what is that deposit (about $40) for? just online booking agent fee? Thank you very much if you can answer this.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • China

It's close to everything so it's really good, but the neighborhood is a little bit scaring especially at night

My belt was stolen. I checked out and then an hour later realized that my belt was missing. I remembered that I left it on the bed and when I went back it was gone. The staff allowed me to go up to the room and look for my belt which was nice of them to do. They said that they would alert me if someone found the belt. I doubt that I will ever see it again. Always lock up your valuables. I don't trust anyone to steal from me for a second.

One of the best hostels ever!!!

Like all HI hostels I´ve stayed in USA, HI Chicago was wonderful. Nice building & a wonderful location. Chicago is not a cheap place for travelers, that´s why my review about Value for Money was "average"

i'll tell HI-chicago will be your best choice while traveling to Chicago. The location is perfect, close to all subway lines. Also close to art institute, millennium park, and all the stores and restaurants. The staffs are very helpful and the rooms are great!

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • baltherfang
  • Taiwan

Fantastic experience. I could not have asked for anything more. The staff were exceptionally professional and friendly.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

It was better than I expected! Nice staff, excelent activities and the tour suggestions were really nice, I highly recommend this hostel.

Everything was great but I wish the common kitchen area was maintained a bit better. There were some sticky stains on the tables that weren't wiped up for the entire three days I stayed. Dishes in the sink were also not washed and put away in a timely manner. Other than that everything was awesome!

• 15th Mar 2015

I've stayed in hostels all over world and this one has to be in up there with the best. Safe, clean, great staff, all you could ask for. Not as intimate as smaller hostels but still you meet loads of people. Great stay and highly, highly recommended. I'll be going back when I'm back in Chicago!

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Wales

We loved our stay at this hostel! It is a perfect location. We really enjoyed our free breakfasts and tour of the city. Thank you for a great stay! We really appreciate having cheap options available for students!

• 13th Mar 2015

Breakfast is great and easy to pocket a peice of fruit or a Bagel for later in the day. The area the hostel is in is great because there is a range of food near by, and you are within walking distance of all the main tourist sites. The hostel runs a free (no tipping) walking tour that is great and a must join. The hostel however is really big so it is hard to meet people, they should have pub crawls. The rooms are really hard to open with your swipe card and you have to wait ages for the lift.

Kimberly provided kind, savvy service in solving my WiFi problems.

• 11th Mar 2015

This hostel is probably one of the best hostels all over the world. Location is in " The Loop" which is hearth of Chicago. You don't even need to purchase tickets to get famous places, you can simply walk to everywhere from that hostel. Only downside was the smell in the room. Other than that everything was perfect. Additionally they serve complimentary breakfast in the morning!

• 8th Mar 2015