HI - Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

very nice and friendly place. Best breakfast I ever had in my Hostels !!! The room was ok, just a different to share with 7 people, most no long sleep. But I slept very good in this beds. Bathroom and shower wasn't that clean, but with 8 girls ;) Lots of activities from the Hostel. I just love this City

Stayed here one night with no problems. Every time I'm in Chicago, I book with Hi Hostel. The location can't be beat.

Very clean and large hostel. Free breakfast didnt have enough plates/cups for everyone so get there early. Staff was nice, but hostel events were awkward and boring.

Great place in a great city. Beware of your surroundings while taking the Orange line, and only use any lines of the "L" during busy times of the day--recent armed robbery on the Orange line. I'll only take a cab or van from now on when I'm in Chicago--what a shame! I've always felt safe on the "L" before I read about the robbery in the Tribune the day after it happened this past week.

I stayed at HI hostels in Boston, DC and LA and this was definitely the best one. HUGE rooms, HUGE common area. Excellent location right near millennium park and just off Michigan ave. Wifi didn't work in my room but I think it was because my room was on the buildings end. Everyone else seemed to have it in their rooms although the common area is nice so i could just use it there.

Amazing location! Walk distance to so many things! Easy to get to from the airport and great access to heaps of public transport! Okay activities! Super clean! Very helpful staff!!

• 15th Jul 2014

Location is perfect and 10 people dorms are huge.

HI Youth Hostel is advantageously located on loop in Chicago. Decor is tasteful, fresh and modern yet practical and functional. Atmosphere was quiet at all times. Breakfast was healthy and plentiful in a room with a view of the "L" Train. Amenities include activity areas for youth social opportunities, kitchenettes, plenty of soft seating for conversation groups, comfortable beds with linens provided. No soap bar provided. . .bring your own. Overall, very nice and served our needs well.

• 13th Jul 2014

I really like this hostel! If there was a hairdryer, I would like it more. Actually, there were several hairdryers, but all of them didn't work.

Great location, very comfy beds, spacious rooms ( 10 Bed Dorm) very clean. Events on in the week are great did the Green Mill and watched the World Cup Grand Final, could do with a pub crawl on Friday/Saturday nights though. Overall great place and would stay there again.

I have stayed in a lot of hostels overseas but have never done so here in the states. HI Chicago was wonderful. Super affordable - particularly for the area - and had wonderful location and staff. It's super close to numerous train lines so travel around the city is easy. The 24hr access is nice so you don't have to worry about rushing back at the end of your evening. What I found most wonderful was the cafe attached to the hostel. Easy food access if you missed the hostel breakfast. Love!

the best hostel experience :-)

The location of the hostel could not be better! All the must-sees are in walking distance and subway access is very close. It had the typical 'HI' atmosphere: not quite a hostel, not quite a hotel. Still, I stayed for 3 nights and had a great time in Chicago and made friends in the hostel. I would definitely recommend it.

There was just a complete lack of feeling and atmosphere in this place

Good breakfast.There was some fruit

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. I really enjoyed my stay. Everything was perfect, so I can only recommend this place. Staff was friendly and helpful, room was spacious and clean, breakfast was excellent, location was perfect.

The front desk was very friendly!

A great hostel with a good location and staff. I would go there again once i can go to Chicago again!

The private double room was wonderful, the utilities that you have access to are wonderful.

• 2nd Jul 2014

It has a great location, really close to most of the museums, parks, etc. The metro is really close too. Clean rooms and bathrooms. The wifi did not work for over 3 days while I was there and it was kinda of slow in the rooms.