HI - Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

I had a top time here,only one comment and I feel it should be looked into.there was a large school group,a group of some sort anyway,and they ran riot.the teachers and parentsp,handlers had no control pover the kids.they were standing in the pool table,they were shouting all night,etc I had a word to one if the handlers and it gave me a blank stare,as if to say,they are only kids.surely the teachers etc gave taught them to have some manners.it was not good.

It's a giant hostel machine with no feeling or atmosphere. If you need cheap lodgings I guess it would be fine. It's just not somewhere you would want to hang out. Definitely don't recommended if travelling alone.

I have always enjoyed staying at this hostel. It is great to see people of all ages including families. One of my favorite things you do is the sign up sheet for activities. Thanks

• 14th May 2015

I feel HI hostels receive inflated review scores only because atmosphere and staff are what I believe to be MOST important when it comes to a hostel (not a hotel), but are scaled down to other attributes that they do well. This felt like a pseudo hotel with not enough showers.

This was FOR SURE AN AMAZING SURPRISE! It was my first experience with Hostelling International and I was amazed by the facilities, so clean and cozy. The bed was more comfortable than my own bed at home. Besides the location (in the loop) makes easy for you to go walking to all main attractions from Chicago. The staff is friendly and open to help you with anything you need (even fixing a light bulb on a sunday afternoon). Come on and book it already, no regrets, I guarantee.

• 10th May 2015

Enjoyed my stay at Hi-Chicago hostel. I would love to recommend my friends to stay there.

• 7th May 2015
  • Pakistan

This hostel was very boring. The activities for young people started so early, not much atmosphere and you couldn't drink at the hostel. Needed pub crawls and more night events. Very old person feel.

• 5th May 2015

The biggest hostel I've seen so far! It's really clean, good facilities, nice looking and the location is amazing. Breakfast is pretty good. I really can't complain about anything.

Great nice clean hostel with some great activites and close by to the train system which is great

Excellent hostel. One of the best i've ever stayed in

• 25th Apr 2015

Will definitely stay there again if I visit Chicago.

Wish I cold have stayed longer...

• 19th Apr 2015

Hands down the classiest hostel I've stayed in, and I've been to hundreds of hostels around the globe now. Clean, friendly, safe, lively, well organised, good breakfast, great common area, free luggage storage, amazing location, information centre, laundry, self service kitchens... I stayed here half way through travels across America and this was the best stop for me to recooperate. Wish I could have stayed longer!

My daughter and I stayed at the HI Chicago while we visited a college in the city. We could not have asked for a better place to stay. The people and the staff were all great! We'll come back again! Thanks!

• 10th Apr 2015

I have thoughts about the hostel's perfection, it's like they know what I want being a student. Everything I need as a student is there, washer, stove, shower, bed. The check in-out times are enough for me to rest from traveling. Thank you and thanks for the friendly customer service.

• 4th Apr 2015

I loved Chicago and the hostel is in a perfect location!!! The wifi worked really well and the hostel activities were really good!

Great place to be! I'd have loved bigger lockers but they are fine.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Great place to stay! Location was great and price! Vey secure/safe as well. Like a hotel but with roommates. Definitely would stay there again.

I got totally confused when the receptionist told me the deposit i paid online in advance was not part of the hotel fee. The invoice and receipt they gave me only covered the amount I paid when I arrived there at the counter. So what is that deposit (about $40) for? just online booking agent fee? Thank you very much if you can answer this.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • China

It's close to everything so it's really good, but the neighborhood is a little bit scaring especially at night