HI - Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

This is a really great place to stay.

Very nice hostel. People of all ages stay there. Met some really nice helpful people. Enjoyed my stay.

There were renovations going on on level 2 so it was fairly dusty. We had a problem with the plumbing in our room - toilet wouldn't flush and the sink wouldn't drain. Breakfast was great, and so was the location. The price seemed a little extreme but after realising they were bedrooms of four, and eight sharing a bathroom it made sense.

No alcohol policy, it´s a quiet hostel; but clean, secure and well located

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I really enjoyed my stay in the hostel and was pleasantly surprised by the abundant breakfast, the amount of sightseeing information and discounts you offered (loved the free guided tour!) and how spacious the rooms were. Downsides were the very unreliable wifi connection and the noise from the L (which was not as bad as I initially thought). It would be even better if you offered single rooms, rather than just doubles and dorms.

I really liked to stay here. I stayed in a big room. Rooms, shower, kitchen and lobby were so clean. Everything was clean. It was closed to go somewhere and it had sociable atmosphere. It was good to stay here.

Definitely a good place to stay in Chicago, however I found the place to be a bit on the non-social side. But nonetheless, I always had a decent night's sleep and public transport was easily accessible..

Every breakfast was so nice for 3days I stayed. And I like it !!! If I go chicago.again, I will stay here again.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Hooninuna
  • South Korea

I really enjoyed my stay at HI Chicago Hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful upon my welcome and when I left. There was one man in particular who I thought was very down-to-earth and comedic. I don't remember what his name was but I do know that he was Caucasian, brown short hair, kind of had a raspy voice, and smiled a lot. He checked me in when I arrived and made me feel very welcome. I also loved my room and it's cleanliness, the bed sheets/linens and the continental breakfast.

• 19th Aug 2014

The main thing I noticed was that there was no cleaning of the bathroom ie different people were checking in and out and the same used towels were hanging by the hooks so there was none coming in to collect the old towels and giving fresh ones daily or every second day and so you wouldn't know who's was who's.

Good hostel in great central location. Note that it's big and sterile which is fine if you're travelling in a group or a only checking out the sights for a few days, but if you want a hostel with a community feel, this isn't it.

Excellent location, friendly staff, very clean rooms and also a great breakfast. The only thing that can be improved is the showers, they are quite old and weak. Other than that an awesome hostel so I'd highly recommend it.

Despite not being the cheapest hostel I've stayed in, it is quite good. The location is perfect - within walking distance to pretty much everything, worst case scenario that means the bus station that takes you wherever you want to go. The staff is friendly, the place is clean and there are lockers to store your valued stuff in. The atmosphere is nice too. The only comments I have is that the water pressure could be a tad higher and don't expect the breakfast to change. Overall great hostel, A+

Unfortunately I had to cancel my reservation due to illness.

• 12th Aug 2014

Nice room and meet nice People . dont expect parties for that you should go to Chicago.

In front of the elevators there was a pinboard with photos and propositions from other travelers of where to go and what to see. A very nice idea. We have been offered a free walking tour. Great!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

As with most HI's in the US, it was a big, clean hostel with good facilities and decent location. However, (and also like my experience with other HI's in america) it had a very lacklustre atmosphere, the social area was rarely occupied, the pub crawl pulled a tiny crowd. There did appear to be a visiting school group of some sort, but that's exactly what I try to avoid in a hostel. By all accounts the Wrigley area of town (and hostels there) are more the young adult social scene I was seeking.

It was a great experience. The volunteer-lead trips to the Jazz club, walking tour of Chicago, and bar crawl were all fantastic! Great opportunities to meet people from all over the world and explore a new city.

The hostel is good, is in a good location of Chicago! I liked soo much my stay in this hostel, except about an employee called ROBERT, the receptionist, he was too much stupid with me and my friends, and I saw him been stupid with others guests...

• 6th Aug 2014

Great location, good facilities, would defs stay here again.