HI - Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

2091 Total Reviews

great staff and good location, close to the subway stations, places to eat and millennium park.

Such an amazing location. The room was spacious and comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

• 8th May 2014

This was another really great HI hostel. It's a quick walk to the tourist attractions and CTA. Breakfast is huge - muffins, bagels, croissants, jam, butter, PB, cream cheese, cereal, milk, yogurt, juice, apples, bananas, oranges, coffee and tea! And breakfast starts at 7am, which is a huge convenience for an early riser! Plenty of hot water and great water pressure i the shower. There's a really great cuban cafe on the ground floor. *Note - It's quicker to use the stairs, than the elevator

wish to add more showering room in bathroom.

• 6th May 2014
  • China

Very big hostel. The atmosphere was like anonymous.

I paid for a luxury room... but, any day the shower works properly !! we had take the shower out of the room always !!

very clean and quite modern feel. helpful staff. excellent downtown location. beds very comfy and decent sized lockers in rooms. there is no bar in the hostel and a no alcohol policy but this is understandable due to US drinking age laws. its a very short walk to the subway so a good central base to see Chicago. the breakfast is very good too for a hostel

Hostel's location the best of any accommodation I have ever stayed in, of any type.

• 28th Apr 2014

My stay was not as long as I expected -- just 0030 - 0730. I arrived late due to a warehouse fire related Amtrak delay: My one problem was that the only bunk available was an upper bunk, and it was not easy for me (over 65) to climb into it. The top rail was loose -- designed to be so -- and thus was not helpful. I could have gone back to the desk and asked for another assignment but chose not to do so. In the future I will know to inquire whether a lower bunk is available. Thanks.

• 28th Apr 2014

I stayed the private room for 4 nights. The room was clean and cozy. The hostel isvery close to the overhead subway lines, so it is a bit noisy. Although I needed to use share bathroom with others, the bathroom was clean. Also, the hostel provided towels and shampoo in bathroom. In addition, if you want to go to Skydeck or John Hancock Observatory, you can go to front desk to buy the tickets with discounted rates. Overall, I enjoyed my stay in here.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

I would have liked some boiled eggs at breakfast, but that's the ONLY thing I can comment on. My guy friend said his windows didn't have blinds on them, though all mine did. (He was room 410)

Great location for exploring Chicago. Clean and simple accommodations. Average breakfast.

Location, staffs, atmosphere and everything were great!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

Very nice and clean. In the city centre. Breakfast very good

HI Chicago was awesome! Nice breakfast, good wifi, fun activities (well displayed what is going on in Chicago at the moment) and the location was excellent. Printing is quite expensive and the first night when I arrived someone was sleeping in my bed. The guy at the reception, pretended it was my fault and I needed to take care of it with housekeeping. Bit strange, but the rest of the Staff is very nice! One guy really helped me out when I had problems with printing. I had a blast!

This place was AWESOME. seriously the location could not be better. The fact that they provide a continental breakfast is a plus. So close to Millenium Park, and the red line where you can transfer to pretty much anywhere you need to go.

Great selection for breakfast,female dorm roomy with air con., light for each bed and toiletries and towel provided. Plenty of sitting areas. Small detail was shower curtain difficult to keep in shower tray so floor got wet easily. Also found the door on the street open x3. But all in all was very impressed,would recommend it and would book again.

I enjoyed staying with you both times but this time was even better. This is where I always hope to stay when I am in Chicago

• 5th Apr 2014

Unbeatable location, low key but friendly and informative staff,and lots of facilities.Dorm rooms are very spacious and fitted with generous-sized lockers.Not a party place,but a very relaxing and practical place to stay.

The shampoo of our room was run out and didn't refill at the second day.

• 25th Mar 2014