HI - Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

The Lobby should better be structured to enable a more active interaction. A bar would be helpful.

Air con was too high in my bedroom

Stayed here two nights with no problems. I come here often as I visit Chicago a lot, and the HI Chicago is usually my go to place.

This is the best hostel I have been to! Super location and great value. A

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Lovely staff and delicious breakfast. Ideal location too. Wonderful hostel! Just wish there were mixed dorms.

Everything's perfect! I like the location of this hostel most. It's very convenient. I could get to any place very easily. All staffs are helpful. This is the first time I travelled in chicago. I'm very impressed.

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Excellent location. Clean. Safe. Friendly staff. Towels included. As well as breakfast and entertainment!

This was simply the best hostel I have ever stayed in. If I ever come back to Chicago I will definately be staying here again!

I was very surprised that the shower had soap! Some of the staff was extremely nice and friendly but one other seemed to hate his job or something and looked at me as if he was doing me a massive favour to answer one question. I would stay there again if back in Chicago though! I recommend

On arrival day I made aware TWICE the front desk staff that my bed was not prepared (clean) but no apologies, later that night I had to wait until 10:30pm to be moved to a crowded room, and the system messed up my original booking. It was recovered but it´s awful spending time dealing with their lack organization. Be aware that you will be charged $3 daily membership fee per night and also 16.4% tax.

Great location, Impressive building with a very clean a modern look. nice high ceilings, lockers and overall everything functioned well and looked nice. Unfortunately even as nice as the place itself was, I'll never stay at another HI again. No idea it would be taken over with groups of teenagers and young kids. Really the worst atmosphere ever. It was incredibly difficult to meet the typical backpacker and there was no alcohol allowed. MAJOR BUZZ KILL.

LOVED this hostel! My husband and I booked a private double room (bunk beds). My only regret was that it was for just 1 night! The location is great; really close to the subways and Millennium/Grant Parks and restaurants. The free breakfast was great and I wish we could have taken advantage of all the tours, etc that the hostel offers or can help organize. Our room was really hot when we were trying to go to sleep, they were quick to fix the problem though. Noisy subways outside- only complaint

Excellent place to stay. Stayed at this hostel many times. It's safe for a female traveller also.

The location is great and the facilities are reasonably nice. Would benefit from some amount of sound-proofing or a quiet hours policy--since the common area is next to some of the rooms downstairs it can be quite hard to get to sleep (even with earplugs…).

I have to say, it's probably the most beautiful hostel I have ever stayed at. It's clean, full of amenities, and the staff are all very professional. The problem is that this is a family friendly hostel...there are families, older people and introverts. The few people I met there were complaining about how hard it was to meet people here. It was bad enough that I cancelled my 2nd night. if you are looking for an affordable HOTEL this place is epic. if you are an introvert, this place is for you.

Perfect in every area

The facilities were great but the atmosphere was just so so. People don't really talk to each other. Many are groups of families or schools.

The staff was very helpful and great experience. Great way to meet fellow travelers from all around the world. Amenities are great and this hostel is great value for money.

• 28th May 2014
  • India

Really great hostel - a substantial breakfast, HUGE common area with pool table and table tennis & board games. Only issue is there aren't many spots to charge your phone etc in the rooms.

I thought there would be a lot of social events, but I never heard about the pub crawl or when any of the social events were. Good breakfast, good location, very comfortable and warm beds.