HI - Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

It was a great experience. The volunteer-lead trips to the Jazz club, walking tour of Chicago, and bar crawl were all fantastic! Great opportunities to meet people from all over the world and explore a new city.

The hostel is good, is in a good location of Chicago! I liked soo much my stay in this hostel, except about an employee called ROBERT, the receptionist, he was too much stupid with me and my friends, and I saw him been stupid with others guests...

• 6th Aug 2014

Great location!! and i like breakfast, i stayed dorm. it;s huge place. it's comfortable and quiet.

Great location, good facilities, would defs stay here again.

This has been the best hostel that I've ever stayed in. Great location, easy to find, absolutely clean, and worth much higher in terms of value than you'll be charged. I could not recommend this place enough.

Great option and location! Breakfast is very helpful. Bathroom paper and towels may run and you should ask for some on front desk but the service is awesome

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Great hostel in a great location! Felt instantly at home, safe and well taken cared for! The staff at the reception could be a bit more welcoming, but all in all the staff is very helpful. Second floor has fantastic common spaces, including a spacious eating area and kitchen, which are open day and night. So if the dorms are a bit noisy or stuffy, there is alsways a place to escape to and write those letters or read that book. Highly recommendable, would come back any day!

• 30th Jul 2014

I stayed here because it is close to Grant Park and I was attending the Lollapalooza music festival in August. You can't find a better location in downtown Chicago! Security, facilities and staff are all top notch, as with most large chain hostels, but being an alcohol free, family hostel I felt some lacking in atmosphere. Did the job and I would definitely stay at H.I. Chicago again.

Hostelling International was a great place to stay to explore beautiful Chicago!It's about a 10min walk to Millenium Park, State Street for Shopping and also the theaters (if you plan to see a musical). What impressed me the most at HI was the breakfast buffet!They offer you a wide range of food (muffins, bagles, toast, 3 different muesli, porridge, 3 sorts of fruits, orange juice, coffee)!just the staff is a bit unfriendly. Anyway would recommend it to everyone

It is in an old building, and cleanliness is not the best. I went upstairs and saw my assigned bed not cleaned or rearranged. the kitchen on the 4th floor was not very clean. But overall, nice experience at the price rage.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »