HI - Chicago Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

I have stayed in a lot of hostels overseas but have never done so here in the states. HI Chicago was wonderful. Super affordable - particularly for the area - and had wonderful location and staff. It's super close to numerous train lines so travel around the city is easy. The 24hr access is nice so you don't have to worry about rushing back at the end of your evening. What I found most wonderful was the cafe attached to the hostel. Easy food access if you missed the hostel breakfast. Love!

the best hostel experience :-)

The location of the hostel could not be better! All the must-sees are in walking distance and subway access is very close. It had the typical 'HI' atmosphere: not quite a hostel, not quite a hotel. Still, I stayed for 3 nights and had a great time in Chicago and made friends in the hostel. I would definitely recommend it.

There was just a complete lack of feeling and atmosphere in this place

Good breakfast.There was some fruit

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. I really enjoyed my stay. Everything was perfect, so I can only recommend this place. Staff was friendly and helpful, room was spacious and clean, breakfast was excellent, location was perfect.

The front desk was very friendly!

A great hostel with a good location and staff. I would go there again once i can go to Chicago again!

The private double room was wonderful, the utilities that you have access to are wonderful.

• 2nd Jul 2014

It has a great location, really close to most of the museums, parks, etc. The metro is really close too. Clean rooms and bathrooms. The wifi did not work for over 3 days while I was there and it was kinda of slow in the rooms.

Great! Only thing I'd suggest is that the bunk beds could use a little tightening up. I was on top bunk and the wood was kind of wobbly. for getting up there.

This was my second time staying here. It is expensive but location is excellent. Like last time there was a fire alarm in the middle of one night. Annoying. Also like last time I had A/C probs. It is controlled hy one rom and if you are not in that room - tough. This time it eorked but was not cool enough. I asked them to make it cooler. Desk staff said they would ask maintaintance to change it. Two days later, my last night, it got warmer. Sleepless night. Other than a/c it is good.

The best one hostel I´ve stayed so far in the USA.

Loved everything about it! Would definitely go back! Great friendly stuff, help with a lot. Even had a free tour by a volunteer who does it every Saturday. Had breakfast even before checking in, had lunch that was left over from a meeting for free! Got to shower and store luggage after checking out :) just great!

• 28th Jun 2014

The Lobby should better be structured to enable a more active interaction. A bar would be helpful.

Air con was too high in my bedroom

Stayed here two nights with no problems. I come here often as I visit Chicago a lot, and the HI Chicago is usually my go to place.

This is the best hostel I have been to! Super location and great value. A

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Lovely staff and delicious breakfast. Ideal location too. Wonderful hostel! Just wish there were mixed dorms.

Everything's perfect! I like the location of this hostel most. It's very convenient. I could get to any place very easily. All staffs are helpful. This is the first time I travelled in chicago. I'm very impressed.