9.3
Superb 2,933 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 2,933 Total Reviews
HI Chicago, The J.Ira & Nicki Harris Family Hostel Located at 24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago.
USA
Chicago IL IL, 60605 24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago
93% 2933
41.8759200 -87.6263952
    Rooms available

23rd Jul 2016

I have been to dozens of hostels around the world, this is by far the nicest one I have ever had the pleasure to visit. The best location in the entire city, with everything you need, and more !!!

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
19th Jul 2016
6.9

Great facilities and security, but a hostel with zero atmosphere. If you're a backpacker looking for a bit of celebration and nightlife, avoid HI hotels on the whole. They are fantastically positioned and offer great facilities but for myself, I would forego these for a bit of life in the building. Half of the people staying there were under the age of 18, and a number of them were above 30. It seemed that 18 to 30 year olds were in the minority. Very disappointing.

• Malaysia, Female, 18-24
18th Jul 2016

My sheets were stained, but since I was only staying a night I just covered it with the loose sheet and ignored it. Still, not a nice thing to find. The rooms were spacious and the bed was otherwise very comfortable. Location is very good of course.

My apologies on the stained sheets. It is unusual for us to reuse stained linen. I'll speak to the housekeeping staff and use this as a retraining tool. I hope everything else was satisfactory?

14th Jul 2016

Clean, great location, great facilities. Such a big hostel, it's harder to meet people if you're looking to make friends.

14th Jul 2016

This was a good hostel that I found very clean and it was super secure with your key card being needed to enter most areas. The room was very big with large lockers available and the bed was super comfy. Also, free breakfast is advertised as continental...some muffins, a few bagels and an apple doesn't really make it continental in my opinion but it was still a nice extra to have.

10th Jul 2016

This is the BEST hostel you can find in the heart of Chicago! Walking distance to Millennium Park as well as many other historical buildings can bring you great convenience and fabulous experience. Highly recommended!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and thanks for the recommendation. Paul.

7th Jul 2016

Amazing location, great breakfast! Really enjoyed my time here :) Only thing, don't stay here if you are a solo traveller hoping to meet people, it's not the most social hostel

Sorry to hear you were unable to meet anyone. We try to create social events that are intended to bring people together. I am happy to hear you enjoyed other things we offer. Thanks for staying with us. Paul

3rd Jul 2016

Stayed at a 8 males room but we'd nicely surprised that it's further subdivided into 2 rooms of 4 so a lot of space and privacy. The unit includes a kitchen and dining tables. I highly recommend staying here!

Thanks for the recommendation. Much appreciated. Paul

3rd Jul 2016

I enjoyed my stay and the hostel is very closet to buses and trains. It was also about 20 minutes away from attractions on foot. My only suggestion is that they provide more vegan friendly breakfast options- even if it is just a container of Smart Balance spread.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it with my staff. Hope you were able to enjoy some other items we offer. Paul.

• Turkey, Female, 31-40
2nd Jul 2016
6.9

Great location Breakfast was very low quality I did not have at all I stayed 4 days They did not clean daily the room Overall it was OK

Sorry you were not able to enjoy the breakfast. I will speak with the housekeeping manager about daily cleaning. This should have occurred everyday. My apologies. Paul.