9.2
Superb 3,192 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 3,192 Total Reviews
HI Chicago, The J.Ira & Nicki Harris Family Hostel Located at 24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago.
USA
Chicago IL IL, 60605 24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago
92% 3192
41.8759200 -87.6263952
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 31-40
9th Jan 2017

I was impressed by this hostel as I was placed in a dorm room for the first night with a very difficult roommate who was also really sick. I told the staff the next morning. They let me transfer my gear to another room right away and let me get on with my day. Overall location is great for sights and downtown, but it is huge and probably harder to meet other travelers and good places to party, would choose other smaller hostels except Wrigley Hostel with terrible staff.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
28th Dec 2016

A great hostel with some spacious rooms and nice facilities. Would definitely stay there again

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
28th Dec 2016

It was my first experience in a Hostel, and could be better!! Everything was organized and clean. It gave the impression that everything was thought to facilitate the life of the traveler. The atmosphere was great, everyone was friendly and everything I needed was nearby. If I came back to Chicago or go to another city that have HI, I'll definitely stay there again.

• China, Male, 25-30
28th Dec 2016

Great location. The facilities are good. Nice staff. The only problem was that you need an extra quilt to keep warm when sleep, and there was noise from the train at night.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
27th Dec 2016

Very clean, friendly staff and environment. Really enjoyed my stay here

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Dec 2016

My only issue was with the towels. They were awful. Thread bare. About 45 years old I'm guessing. Breakfast was great. The wifi only had minor issues at peak times. My room was super spacious. Pretty good location.

26th Dec 2016

1. Location is perfect, espeicially to those who wish to visit Field Museum. 2. Breakfast is fine. 3. Pillow case is terrible. I wonder do the staff ever replace it before I check in. 4. I got some allergic problem and running nose with the air inside the building. 5. bad smell in the room.

• Indonesia, Female, 31-40
25th Dec 2016

I love the location of this hostel, easy to find from the orange line from midway airport, and it's definitely in walking distance to the nearby attractions along the loop and magnificent mile. If you don't like walking, it is also easy to get around by bus if you have the day pass. However, since this hostel is so close to the cta railways, I won't recommend for whoever can't sleep with the train noise. The hostel is overall clean, helpful staffs, great free walking tours, and huge common room

12th Dec 2016

No room for improvement. It's just perfect. 10 out of 10. If you can't give 10 out of 10 you should go and stay in 5 star hotel.

• kashworth
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Dec 2016
6.0

Location was good and they offer free breakfast however staff weren't overly friendly. I arrived and there were black hairs all over my bed and honestly looked like someone had been sleeping in it before me. Wouldn't recommend if you're looking for a social hostel either.