HI Chicago, The J.Ira & Nicki Harris Family Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

All good except my roommates they had food and alcohol drinks in a room. They should know the rules and when I was telling the staff about it. It seem it happened before they were not even say sorry. Anyway I got a new room. And they should fixed it with the guest who against the rules.

The stay was very good and I had a lot oft fun. Breakfast could include ham, but value for the price was excellent.

• 27th Jan 2016
  • Austria

There should be some take away food packet for people who cannot have breakfast as they have to leave the hostel before 7a m.i had to leave at 2.30 am because i had to catch a flight at 6am, from ORD.

• 25th Jan 2016
  • India

I stayed 3 nights. When I arrived I got upgraded. The room was very big with very comfy beds and a nice bathroom. The whole hostel is super clean, quiet and modern. The location is awesome, it´s in the middle of the city center and you can do everything by feet. The breakfast was simple but good. I think it´s one of the best hostels I have ever stayed and I would definitely recommend it.

Impressed by the efficiency of this large facility.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Perfect location, ideal for young travelers. The place is clean and staff is friendly. Breakfast was amazing! Always felt safe here. Will come back if I ever return to Chigago. Will recommend to everyone visiting, thank you!

• 31st Dec 2015

Great atmosphere in the hostel. Good breakfast.

I loved the full use of the common room kitchen. Nothing seemed to be open late in Chicago and being able to cook after hours on the holiday was the best.

• 30th Dec 2015

Great hostel. Clean, well located, easy to get around, staff was friendly. Would definitely stay here again!

Great location in downtown Chicago. Staff was helpful but not overly friendly. Nice facilities, comfy dorm bed, lots of extras like laundry and vending. Cool atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Great hostel, one of the best I've stayed at! Good facilities and friendly people 😀

I wasn't sure about hostels in the US but this was one of the best hostels I've stayed at anywhere. The location was close to everything to do, the dorms were huge, the beds were comfortable, the free breakfast was much better than what most hostels serve, and everything was impeccably clean. And for $33/night it is the best way to spend your money in a city hotel rooms are typically $200/night. I will definitely be staying here again!

Great place!

First time ever visiting a hostel. I had a really good time. Will definitely come again.

• 3rd Dec 2015

The hostel is great and in a perfect location. The only thing I didn't like was the overnight staff. I would be chillin working on my laptop and the front desk people kept coming upstairs to the common area giving me dirty looks. I wasn't making any noise or anything. In the morning, the front desk guy was giving me a hard time about calling me a taxi since I had to leave at 4:30 am. So the place is nice, staff is good unless you need help or want to hang at the hostel. Then the staff sucks

Very good experience, good value for room in downtown Chicago, love the atmosphere, very friendly and fun!

• 27th Nov 2015

This hostel is clean, spacious, and centrally located. The rooms are large and airy with large lockers. There is a lot of common space on both the first and second floors, plus additional meeting rooms and kitchens on the sleeping floors. The second floor common space even has games such as ping pong and I think billiards and a large screen TV. Breakfast offered a variety of options including breads, pastries, yogurt fruit.

Great location within the loop, comfortable beds and pillows, good variety for breakfast, not a very social hostel due to the number of large groups they have though I really enjoyed meeting people in the dorm. The hostel is organised and offers a lot of activities if you're interested to participate. Good size lockers and laundry room within the hostel is really handy.

This place was awesome.

• 14th Nov 2015

The beds were comfy, everything was clean, and the staff was very helpful! One suggestion - privacy curtains around the beds. The bed lights are bright enough to disturb other people, so everyone ended up using their phone flashlights for light to be considerate. Privacy curtains would be very helpful!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5