9.3
Superb 2,779 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 2,779 Total Reviews
HI Chicago, The J.Ira & Nicki Harris Family Hostel Located at 24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago.
USA
Chicago IL IL, 60605 24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago
93% 2779
41.8759200 -87.6263952
    Rooms available

28th Apr 2016

The hostel is absolutely great! Loved the location, loved having power (which also had USB ports!) right by my bunk, having a fluffy towel, great security (key cards & metal lockers in dorm), great 2nd floor rec room, free good breakfast, and free organized events (the city tour Saturday was excellent!). As the name implies, this is a family hostel so no partying was in the room and I saw people young and old. Everybody got along great age wise and country wise. Very impressive hostel!

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
19th Apr 2016

I loved my stay here, as I have with all other HI hostels. A beautifully presented, clean and spacious hostel with all the amenities and helpful staff as well. Could not say a negative word about it. Highly recommended. Thank you.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
9th Apr 2016
7.7

Staff were very friendly. I arrived before checkin and even though I couldn't get into my room, they stored my luggage free of charge (many HI hostels charge for lockers) and let me use the bathroom facilities. The only disappointing thing was, being a solo traveler I rely on meeting people at a hostel and the social activities they run - there was nothing organised for the Saturday or Sunday night. The hostel is on the large side therefore it made meeting and chatting to people hard.

• Argentina, Male, 18-24
9th Apr 2016
6.0

The hostel itself is great. The problem is that it is located right next to the train rails so the rooms are VERY noisy. Besides, the heating system of my semi-private bedroom could only be controlled from another room, so you need to knock your neighbor's door to change the temperature. It was late when I tried, no one was there, so I froze all night long.

• USA, Male, 31-40
8th Apr 2016

It was the best hostel I have stayed at and would recommend anyone to stay here. I bunked up in a 10 bunk room and it was huge. The location was in walking distance of everything. Defiantly a plus in my book.

5th Apr 2016

Had a great time. I could have paid more and gotten less at any other Loop hotel. Really enjoyed thr Saudi cultural evening. Wonderful kids! Another hi lite was Bill's walking tour.

1st Apr 2016

I was skeptical while I made the reservation on Hostelworld, how can a hostel that's one of the biggest in the world and also super clean and roomy in a very expensive city? But the reality proved me wrong, the HI Chicago had everything I would expect at a hostel and more. I had a 4-bed room on a 5th floor, I was astonished by how spacious the room was at first, continental breakfast was delicious, and everything was clean, staff were courteous!I would write more if space allows, highly rec!

• Indonesia, Female, 25-30
29th Mar 2016

The staffs were really helpful to me except one of the front staff at HI. I don't know his name, he's about 30 years old, maybe American with beard. He was so unpolite, sarcasm, tended to bullied me when I was asking what the time of the breakfast just because I didn''t read the information at the keycard yet. At the next day, he was asking me "you know that breakfast will be at 7-10 am right? It's easy to remember right?" I can't see that he's working in the same path wi

• England, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2016
8.0

Awesome hostel- great location, you can basically walk everywhere you need to see the sights! Beds were comfy and facilities were good, especially the kitchen on each floor! Breakfast had a good selection but could do with some more fruit if I'm being picky. Wifi was strong everywhere! No complaints! Not the best atmosphere for a lone traveller but amazing for groups!

• USA, Female, 18-24
22nd Mar 2016

It was overall a great experience! But if I had to point out one thing, I think the bed was too squeaky so I had to be super cautious at night when I slept later than other folks.