HI Chicago, The J.Ira & Nicki Harris Family Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

The beds were comfy, everything was clean, and the staff was very helpful! One suggestion - privacy curtains around the beds. The bed lights are bright enough to disturb other people, so everyone ended up using their phone flashlights for light to be considerate. Privacy curtains would be very helpful!

It was awesome! Great social atmosphere and nice chill spaces, comfortable Beds were comfortable and everything was super clean.. I've stayed in places like this in over 20 countries and this was one of the best!

Nice staff, nice people, good living room for entertainment with other people. Clean rooms, bathroom, nice kitchen. Would stay again for sure! Thank you :)

• 6th Nov 2015

Very very good hostel, great facilities, a very nice place to stay one night oor more, if i come back to chicago definitly stay with you!

People from different countries getting together, breakfast is nice, people are friendly, it is reallly a good experience

Let's educate men in dressing without full light when people are trying to sleep

Thanks for the great service. You guys are awesome.

Great, new hostel big rooms and great location. really enjoyed my stay. Close to train to and from airport and a short walk from attractions

• 26th Oct 2015

Amazing! Clean! Awesome!

This was the absolute best hostel I have ever stayed in! It was clean, and two rooms shared one bathroom, which allowed more privacy. Your key card only let you into your room, so your belongings were very secure. They had plenty of meet-and-greets, activities to participate in, and discounted tickets to attractions such as the Sears Tower. The breakfast was the most extensive I've ever seen at a hostel. The staff responded swiftly to anything I needed. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

It was just what I needed. It's a huge hostel, which is great--more common areas, free continental breakfast, laundry, etc. There were 24 people in my room, but it didn't feel crowded at all--it was a huge U-shaped room with alcoves, much more spacious than typical hostel. The only downside was that someone in a nearby bed snored horribly the first night; I didn't sleep. I asked where I could buy earplugs in the morning, and they said they have them free! Slept like a baby the second!

You have a phone number but no one answers it is only automation, this makes it very infuriating when you are trying to find the hostel being lost in the city. Also like all HI locations they have no atmosphere, no encourangement of meeting new people, no abundance of activities and people who know what the good things are to do close by.

Great location and excellent hostel. One of the best I've ever stayed in. I would definitely recommend HI Chicago as a value for money option.

I felt very comfortable and safe at this hostel. I had a very clean room and the bathrooms were very clean too. For housing so many people I felt they kept things organized. I did feel bad for the staff that they had to clean up after so many people who left dishes and garbage out. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 9th Oct 2015

I enjoyed my stay there.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • India

Very good hostel, altho it isn't a youth hostel at all. Thank god for the newly instated pub crawl which was a great way to meet other young travellers Great facilities overall and had free billiards/pool table and table tennis, which was very fun Good wifi all over and helpful staff. Sadly the atmosphere wasn't the best most of the time, apart from the free and very fun bar crawl

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!! Came back a second time because it was so good!

Way better than any US hostel I've stayed in - had more Asian and European travelers than Americans looking to save a buck. 45 min easy train ride on the blue line, great location in downtown, spacious ten-bunk room, good facilities. I had a top bunk with a personal nightlight, outlet and little shelf. Not sure if I could've made friends as a solo traveler bc I didn't make the effort. One creepy drunk old guy in the elevator was the only downside. Would stay again.

Would have liked if there had been hard boiled eggs with breakfast every day. Nice to have some non-dairy protein. Otherwise, no complaints. Rooms were super comfortable and I appreciated how spacious they were.

• 3rd Oct 2015

The thing that set this hostel apart for me was the concierge service. The staff up front had outstanding customer service skills and I greatly appreciated everything they did for me and all the information that they shared with me during my brief stay.

• 2nd Oct 2015