HI Chicago, The J.Ira & Nicki Harris Family Hostel Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

great atmosphere. good breakfast. will come again

I think it is the only hostel in downtown so this is hard to outdo^^ But the rest is pretty damn awesome too. Would recommend it.

totally recommend for your stay in Chicago!! You will not be disappointed!!

Thanks for providing all the friendly and knowledgeable volunteers. They were the best! Although I am 57 years old, I stayed in an upper bunk because, although the bunk below me was empty, I was told that there were no lower bunks available because I arrived too late when I checked in.

Price better than Loop hotel but still too high for a hostel

It was a wonderful experience and we made several new friends from different parts of the world. What a great way to see Chicago!

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great location and incredibly spacious rooms. I like how recycling bins are provided in the rooms, tho unfortunately my roommates used them as rubbish bins. Lockers are half size, so will fit at least a carry on bag, bring your own lock. Beds were comfy enough, tho some were squeaky - along with the noise from trains it's best to have ear plugs.

Hi Hostel is really a clean, nice location, good facilities hostel. We had a good time here and got some good rest also.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! The location is great, walking distance from almost everything. The place was clean and quiet for sleeping. The breakfast was pretty good as well. Only drawback was that the top bunks are a little hard to get out of. Perfect place for someone a little older than the usual party hostel crowd.

• 21st Sep 2015

Best hostel in Chicago!

• 20th Sep 2015

I had a great stay at Hi Chicago, very good location in the loop! Staff was friendly and helpful! Discounts on several tour and museum. Few activities offered by the hostel.

It was fun and safe, very clean.

Fabulous place to stay

The Chicago hi is one of the best hostel I have been to, facilities were brilliant. We book at 8 deluxe room which was amazing, it had its own kitchen area and ensuite. Would highly recommend this to anyone staying in Chicago.

This hostel is honestly one of the nicest ones I've ever stayed in. The staff were really helpful and friendly and the rooms were really nice and very clean! It's located within walking distance of all the major attractions and the area itself is really nice. Also the free breakfast was really tasty with lots of variety. The only negative comment I have about his hostel is that the rooms could get a but cold with the aircon, however it didn't ruin my experience. I really recommend staying here.

Excellent place to stay but felt more like a hotel than a hostel.

Another crystal clean, well appointed and well maintained HI hostel. Social atmosphere is good - you'll make a nice group of friends. The location is amazing.

The only Chicago hostel located right downtown next to the loop, so you get the real Chicago experience. Great wifi, gigantic rooms and lockers, solid bunks, cold ac. Full bathroom in the dorm room as well as more out in the hallways. Huge kitchen and eating areas, fantastic breakfast. Large and numerous lounging areas if you prefer to stay indoors. No serious flaws except for the relatively high price.

This is the best hostel I stayed so far.

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Honduras

Very nice hostel, clean, big rooms, comfy beds, quiet, big lockers. In the shared 8 people room the shower and bathroom was inside our room which was a nice change, like having a shared ensuite. Location was good, probably a fifteen minute walk from the centre which was nice.