HI - Chicago Reviews

24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Chicago, USA

2059 Total Reviews

Great place in a great city. Beware of your surroundings while taking the Orange line, and only use any lines of the "L" during busy times of the day--recent armed robbery on the Orange line. I'll only take a cab or van from now on when I'm in Chicago--what a shame! I've always felt safe on the "L" before I read about the robbery in the Tribune the day after it happened this past week.

Amazing location! Walk distance to so many things! Easy to get to from the airport and great access to heaps of public transport! Okay activities! Super clean! Very helpful staff!!

• 15th Jul 2014

Location is perfect and 10 people dorms are huge.

HI Youth Hostel is advantageously located on loop in Chicago. Decor is tasteful, fresh and modern yet practical and functional. Atmosphere was quiet at all times. Breakfast was healthy and plentiful in a room with a view of the "L" Train. Amenities include activity areas for youth social opportunities, kitchenettes, plenty of soft seating for conversation groups, comfortable beds with linens provided. No soap bar provided. . .bring your own. Overall, very nice and served our needs well.

• 13th Jul 2014

I really like this hostel! If there was a hairdryer, I would like it more. Actually, there were several hairdryers, but all of them didn't work.

Great location, very comfy beds, spacious rooms ( 10 Bed Dorm) very clean. Events on in the week are great did the Green Mill and watched the World Cup Grand Final, could do with a pub crawl on Friday/Saturday nights though. Overall great place and would stay there again.

I have stayed in a lot of hostels overseas but have never done so here in the states. HI Chicago was wonderful. Super affordable - particularly for the area - and had wonderful location and staff. It's super close to numerous train lines so travel around the city is easy. The 24hr access is nice so you don't have to worry about rushing back at the end of your evening. What I found most wonderful was the cafe attached to the hostel. Easy food access if you missed the hostel breakfast. Love!

the best hostel experience :-)

There was just a complete lack of feeling and atmosphere in this place

Good breakfast.There was some fruit

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. I really enjoyed my stay. Everything was perfect, so I can only recommend this place. Staff was friendly and helpful, room was spacious and clean, breakfast was excellent, location was perfect.

The front desk was very friendly!

A great hostel with a good location and staff. I would go there again once i can go to Chicago again!

The private double room was wonderful, the utilities that you have access to are wonderful.

• 2nd Jul 2014

It has a great location, really close to most of the museums, parks, etc. The metro is really close too. Clean rooms and bathrooms. The wifi did not work for over 3 days while I was there and it was kinda of slow in the rooms.

Great! Only thing I'd suggest is that the bunk beds could use a little tightening up. I was on top bunk and the wood was kind of wobbly. for getting up there.

This was my second time staying here. It is expensive but location is excellent. Like last time there was a fire alarm in the middle of one night. Annoying. Also like last time I had A/C probs. It is controlled hy one rom and if you are not in that room - tough. This time it eorked but was not cool enough. I asked them to make it cooler. Desk staff said they would ask maintaintance to change it. Two days later, my last night, it got warmer. Sleepless night. Other than a/c it is good.

The best one hostel I´ve stayed so far in the USA.

Loved everything about it! Would definitely go back! Great friendly stuff, help with a lot. Even had a free tour by a volunteer who does it every Saturday. Had breakfast even before checking in, had lunch that was left over from a meeting for free! Got to shower and store luggage after checking out :) just great!

• 28th Jun 2014

The Lobby should better be structured to enable a more active interaction. A bar would be helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4